Shutdown could last years

Our President is committed to doing the Presidency right, and neither Chuck nor Nancy seem to be willing to cede an inch on this. With Donald J. Trump behind us, we can last as long as needed.

Trump: Government will be shutdown as long as it takes - CNN Video
IRS can't issue refunds during the shut down. A million people are going to lose their cars, their apartments, their homes because they are not getting their paycheck.
Hopefully this group working over the weekend while Trump .... golfs?.... can do arm twisting better than Trump does.

Our President is committed to doing the Presidency right, and neither Chuck nor Nancy seem to be willing to cede an inch on this. With Donald J. Trump behind us, we can last as long as needed.

IRS can't issue refunds during the shut down. A million people are going to lose their cars, their apartments, their homes because they are not getting their paycheck.
Hopefully this group working over the weekend while Trump .... golfs?.... can do arm twisting better than Trump does.

A lot of the employees will find new jobs of course, if it lasts a long time. Uber is looking for new Partners at least in this area.

However, IMHO, it will take a little bit of time for Chuck and Nancy to realize they are going to have to deal.

After about a month we will come to realize maybe we don't need half of them anyway.....could be a very educational good thing for America to witness....

When the rest of the United States sees that these NON-essential personnel are not essential, then there wont be a big fuss over cutting the government PORK. In 24 days welfare gets cut off also, lets see what happens in inner cities.....

If you live in or near a large city, if I were you, I would be buying up some fire insurance and quick, if you dont already have some.

nothing-says-love-trumps-hate-like-burning-cities-and-things-7101251.png

The Tax Refund situation is going to hurt a lot of inner city liberals and their constituents. We'll see as the shutdown progresses whether "sticking it to" their President is really worth it to them.

When the rest of the United States sees that these NON-essential personnel are not essential, then there wont be a big fuss over cutting the government PORK. In 24 days welfare gets cut off also, lets see what happens in inner cities.....

If you live in or near a large city, if I were you, I would be buying up some fire insurance and quick, if you dont already have some.

nothing-says-love-trumps-hate-like-burning-cities-and-things-7101251.png

2 points on this. One,the liberals can stop this shutdown tomorrow. If the big liberal cities burn, they are burning their own homes for nothing.

Two, libs promised unrest when time limits were placed on welfare 20 years ago.

Did not happen, and IMHO, won't happen now either, even if its shutdown.

"So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting down, and I'm going to shut it down for border security."

- Donald Trump, December 11th 2018.

That's what the Orange Idiot said (among a whole lot of other really strange things including left turns and right turns and who the fuck knows what)

The TSA has not gotten a check since this started...they will get one on Jan 3 and then nothing until it is over.

Is ICE getting paid?

The Dem House has passed a continuing resolution to get everyone paid (the Homeland Security portion is good for 30 days).

The Senate is doing nothing.

They have previously passed a clean CR by voice vote (making it unanimous) but with the new Congress that would need to be voted on again. Turtle McConnell has not brought it up for a vote. He has brought NOTHING up for a vote in the new Senate

I watched that news conference and I could feel brain cells committing suicide in the thousands. OMG. The man is a cretin.

Most of the country think he talks like a New Yorker. He talks like a Brooklyn cab driver with a high school education

God Help us

And what Ninth Circuit court case was he babbling about?

This really doesn't seem like a good idea.
Is this going to be the new normal?
Anytime the current President doesn't get the full support of Congress and the Senate, the government is shut down. Why even have 3 branches of Government anymore.

If it carries on too long, the employees who are expected to work without pay will quit. That is pretty much every person working in federal prisons.
But, of course, congress still gets paid.

Hundreds of thousands of federal workers could lose their homes. Many are still going to work every day without knowing when they will see a nickel of their pay.

As for cutting off nonessential jobs, that would be a disaster. If you want to trim jobs based on comprehensive audits and figuring out exactly who is needed and who is not, thats fine. But a LOT of what are called "nonessential" are needed.

That's what the Orange Idiot said (among a whole lot of other really strange things including left turns and right turns and who the fuck knows what)

The TSA has not gotten a check since this started...they will get one on Jan 3 and then nothing until it is over.

Is ICE getting paid?

The Dem House has passed a continuing resolution to get everyone paid (the Homeland Security portion is good for 30 days).

They have previously passed a clean CR by voice vote (making it unanimous) but with the new Congress that would need to be voted on again. Turtle McConnell has not brought it up for a vote. He has brought NOTHING up for a vote in the new Senate

I watched that news conference and I could feel brain cells committing suicide in the thousands. OMG. The man is a cretin.

Most of the country think he talks like a New Yorker. He talks like a Brooklyn cab driver with a high school education

God Help us
Meanwhile Pelosi gave 54 Billion in foreign aid but not one red cent for the security of Americans!

Is ICE getting paid?

God Help us
Meanwhile Pelosi gave 54 Billion in foreign aid but not one red cent for the security of Americans!
You really ought to keep up. She got a Continuing Resolution passed at existing levels..to include border security

A lot of the employees will find new jobs of course, if it lasts a long time. Uber is looking for new Partners at least in this area.

However, IMHO, it will take a little bit of time for Chuck and Nancy to realize they are going to have to deal.
They were making the "let's open the government" noises today, trying to convince us they WANT it open. But I think you're right--Nancy and Chuck are not feeling it.

Oh not for everyone it won't.

While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises
While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises

Forum List

Back