Should the President...

Can the president dissolve a media outlet when that outlet criticizes him?

• Yes! The fake news is the enemy of the people

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No! We live under a constitution that protects the press

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
no matter, it's apples & oranges &

but but but obamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, it's okay if your side does it. Trump tells the truth about fake news. Obama tells you not to watch or listen to people that tells the truth about him.

i-cant-defend-donald-trump-on-this-topic-rump-vel-25336667.png

You complain a lot.

you are whining about my complaining.

Just stating a fact. Was my font whiny?

lol... more like bitchy. it suits you.

only cause he couldn't.

Assuming facts not in evidence, try again.

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

lol...nope. & even if he did- he wasn't stooooooooopid enough to tweet about it.

Ah the old "even if he did" trope.

lol... you started with the "Do you think Obama..." but he didn't.

you failed at the deflection.

What deflection? Trump hasn't shut anything down, we are talking theoreticals here.

but but obamaaaaaaaa.............. he ain't prez, no'mo. president reject is.

I consider anti-fa to be the enemy of the people, but until they do an actual criminal act they can go on as they please.

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

Of course you lump any Trump Supporter with WP morons, because you need to vilify people who simply disagree with you.

It's the sign of a weak mind, one of many you display.

that is all your president dotard does, is vilify people who disagree or criticizes him. he becomes obsessed with his little twitter rants. & he sucks at creativity too.

Actually his best trick is driving morons like you batshit crazy/crazier.

That takes all sorts of creativity.

yaaaaa............. you go with that, martin....

This seems to be a pattern with Orangelings -
They simply don't care how batshit crazy this POTUS is becoming or how much damage he is doing to our democracy.
As long as it drives progressives crazy.
Sad :(

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

Of course you lump any Trump Supporter with WP morons, because you need to vilify people who simply disagree with you.

that is all your president dotard does, is vilify people who disagree or criticizes him. he becomes obsessed with his little twitter rants. & he sucks at creativity too.

Don't have to go with anything, I see the proof of it every day i post here.

is that the ticket?

They simply don't care how batshit crazy this POTUS is becoming or how much damage he is doing to our democracy.

oh you know if that tape came out with him using that n word- his base would lap it up like the pavlov's mutts they are.

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
No. But the President has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against the medias propogandizing of the news.

The media wants to criticize, but not be criticized. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Journalism is no sacred cow. We have had many examples of propagandization of news in this country...although previously it wasn't so one sided. I was born in a county where the news paper is called to this day The Republican, and the neighboring county to where I live today is The Democrat. This is nothing new. But it is very lopsided today. The three major papers in Missouri, including the one in heavily red Southwest Missouri, are all liberal controlled. The local televisions news is no different...as left leaning as they can get away with.

I can very easily help you understand how we feel. We feel about the rest of the media the way you feel about Sinclair Group and Fox News. You just can't see it, because you agree with the MSM bias.
Doesn't this President want to criticize but not be criticized?

What has he actually done besides respond to them and call them names?

How has he actually tried to stop any criticism of him?
He has eroded the confidence some Americans have in institutions like the press and federal law enforcement. He has eroded American confidence in an investigation to determine how Russia has interfered with our elections.

Further, he has divided Americans on race, on immigrants and on how the dignity of the office should be upheld.

All opinions, nothing concrete.

The press is doing their own work in making themselves look like fools, same with the entrenched federal agencies.

And democrats and progressives, by using said "investigation" as a weapon against Trump would be the ones damaging it. They see it as an opportunity to bring him down, they could care less about the end result.

And the current progressive obsession with identity politics is bringing us together?

Progs and Dems are being as partisan as they can, and you bitch about the results and blame Trump?

Your side calls us traitors, losers, idiots, racists, and even more, and you want us to be fucking civil?

Go fuck yourself with an AIDS infested tire iron.

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
No, although the Obama administration went through the back door with James Rosen and spied on him calling him a co-conspirator.
When all was said and done, the administration had to back down.

Assuming facts not in evidence, try again.

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

lol...nope. & even if he did- he wasn't stooooooooopid enough to tweet about it.

Ah the old "even if he did" trope.

lol... you started with the "Do you think Obama..." but he didn't.

you failed at the deflection.

What deflection? Trump hasn't shut anything down, we are talking theoreticals here.

but but obamaaaaaaaa.............. he ain't prez, no'mo. president reject is.

But Obama is held by you twits as the 'shining example", the antithesis of Trump.

Can't wish back for the glory days of prog-heaven then bitch about the comparisons when they don't suit you.

Is the press really the enemy of the people?
This press is. it's biased and doesn't tell the truth. We don't get coverage of good things happening and they hate Trump to the core. So we don't' have a real free press at the moment.

So in your topsy turvy, upside down world -
Unless everyone agrees with Trump - then they are not a "real free press".

images

It's a side benefit, not a feature.

So far I'm getting two SC appointments, reduced federal regulations and a tax cut.

Don't have to go with anything, I see the proof of it every day i post here.

is that the ticket?

It's reality.

This press is. it's biased and doesn't tell the truth. We don't get coverage of good things happening and they hate Trump to the core. So we don't' have a real free press at the moment.

images
Nope, never said that.
The press has always been biased.
They gave Sara Plain a rectal exam, she was a VP nominee
They did almost no investigation of Obama, a Presidential nominee

They always give democrats a pass or benefit of the doubt, they do not extend that to republicans.
You know this, I know this. We don't have a free press, it's an arm of the democrat party.

I know, it's okay if your side does it. Trump tells the truth about fake news. Obama tells you not to watch or listen to people that tells the truth about him.

You complain a lot.

you are whining about my complaining.

Just stating a fact. Was my font whiny?

lol... more like bitchy. it suits you.

My font was the same as yours? You too must be a bitch!!! :)

I guess you forget about obama telling us not to watch fox news or listen to Limbaugh.

Link please ^

no matter, it's apples & oranges &

but but but obamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump is telling the truth about the media. We heard everything bad about Bush. Then they kissed Obama's ass for eight years then another republican gets in and nothing but nevagative reporting and your okay with it.

Good lord, NOBODY intends to do that.

He sure as hell wishes he could though!

Trump pushes to challenge media network licenses

In a perfect TrumpWorld - Only Fox and Sinclair Media would exist.
Shoot journalists who write mean stuff dead in the street, toss them off balconies or into jail.
Putin/Erdogan/Duterte-Style!

From your link...

"Trump said, when asked, that he has no plans to seek limits on what the press writes or reports,"

I'm betting you support the Fairness Doctrine.

oh you know if that tape came out with him using that n word- his base would lap it up like the pavlov's mutts they are.

Absolutely correct - Donald nailed it with the 5th Ave comment.
They've sold their fucking SOULS

185971_600.jpg

images
Nope, never said that.
The press has always been biased.
They gave Sara Plain a rectal exam, she was a VP nominee
They did almost no investigation of Obama, a Presidential nominee

They always give democrats a pass or benefit of the doubt, they do not extend that to republicans.
You know this, I know this. We don't have a free press, it's an arm of the democrat party.
That's because it doesn't take a genius to know repub party is the party of only the wealthy ,that their patriotism ,fiscal conservatism their family values are ALL BULL SHIT

Forum List

Back