Should the President...

Can the president dissolve a media outlet when that outlet criticizes him?

• Yes! The fake news is the enemy of the people

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No! We live under a constitution that protects the press

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
I guess you forget about obama telling us not to watch fox news or listen to Limbaugh.

Link please ^

no matter, it's apples & oranges &

but but but obamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, it's okay if your side does it. Trump tells the truth about fake news. Obama tells you not to watch or listen to people that tells the truth about him.

i-cant-defend-donald-trump-on-this-topic-rump-vel-25336667.png

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
I guess you forget about obama telling us not to watch fox news or listen to Limbaugh.

Link please ^

I know, it's okay if your side does it. Trump tells the truth about fake news. Obama tells you not to watch or listen to people that tells the truth about him.

You complain a lot.

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

NO
He seriously questioned getting Rush off the air though....LOL
No one's perfect, don't get mad.

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

if the orange gropenführer had his druthers he would. he's an ignoramus when it comes to the constitution... he did suggest something along those lines b4 he was told he couldn't.

images.png

trumpthreat_M3tusb_G.jpg

And yet he hasn't.

only cause he couldn't.

Assuming facts not in evidence, try again.

lol...nope. & even if he did- he wasn't stooooooooopid enough to tweet about it.

Ah the old "even if he did" trope.

NO

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

Revoking a security clearance has nothing to do with a free press.

I consider anti-fa to be the enemy of the people, but until they do an actual criminal act they can go on as they please.

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

Of course you lump any Trump Supporter with WP morons, because you need to vilify people who simply disagree with you.

It's the sign of a weak mind, one of many you display.

that is all your president dotard does, is vilify people who disagree or criticizes him. he becomes obsessed with his little twitter rants. & he sucks at creativity too.

Criticism has crossed into sedition. Now that it's being recognized as sedition, the left is running in circles yelling "It's criticism."

Nope. It is still sedition.

I consider anti-fa to be the enemy of the people, but until they do an actual criminal act they can go on as they please.

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

Of course you lump any Trump Supporter with WP morons, because you need to vilify people who simply disagree with you.

that is all your president dotard does, is vilify people who disagree or criticizes him. he becomes obsessed with his little twitter rants. & he sucks at creativity too.

Actually his best trick is driving morons like you batshit crazy/crazier.

That takes all sorts of creativity.

Link please ^

You complain a lot.

you are whining about my complaining.

Fair enough OL - The Brennan move was assholery at its finest.
Hell, Trump even admitted to the WSJ the same F-ing DAY it was because of Russia.
Another checkmark for Mueller on obstruction of justice ...
As if Bob didn't have enough checkmarks already :)
Trump cites Russia probe as a reason for revoking former CIA chief John Brennan's security clearance

if the orange gropenführer had his druthers he would. he's an ignoramus when it comes to the constitution... he did suggest something along those lines b4 he was told he couldn't.

images.png

trumpthreat_M3tusb_G.jpg

And yet he hasn't.

only cause he couldn't.

lol...nope. & even if he did- he wasn't stooooooooopid enough to tweet about it.

lol... you started with the "Do you think Obama..." but he didn't.

you failed at the deflection.

Is the press really the enemy of the people?
This press is. it's biased and doesn't tell the truth. We don't get coverage of good things happening and they hate Trump to the core. So we don't' have a real free press at the moment.

yaaaaa............. you go with that, martin....

Link please ^

You complain a lot.

you are whining about my complaining.

Just stating a fact. Was my font whiny?

And yet he hasn't.

only cause he couldn't.

lol... you started with the "Do you think Obama..." but he didn't.

you failed at the deflection.

What deflection? Trump hasn't shut anything down, we are talking theoreticals here.

No. But the President has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against the medias propogandizing of the news.

The media wants to criticize, but not be criticized. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Journalism is no sacred cow. We have had many examples of propagandization of news in this country...although previously it wasn't so one sided. I was born in a county where the news paper is called to this day The Republican, and the neighboring county to where I live today is The Democrat. This is nothing new. But it is very lopsided today. The three major papers in Missouri, including the one in heavily red Southwest Missouri, are all liberal controlled. The local televisions news is no different...as left leaning as they can get away with.

I can very easily help you understand how we feel. We feel about the rest of the media the way you feel about Sinclair Group and Fox News. You just can't see it, because you agree with the MSM bias.
Doesn't this President want to criticize but not be criticized?

What has he actually done besides respond to them and call them names?

How has he actually tried to stop any criticism of him?
He has eroded the confidence some Americans have in institutions like the press and federal law enforcement. He has eroded American confidence in an investigation to determine how Russia has interfered with our elections.

Further, he has divided Americans on race, on immigrants and on how the dignity of the office should be upheld.

yaaaaa............. you go with that, martin....

Don't have to go with anything, I see the proof of it every day i post here.

Forum List

Back