Should the President...

Can the president dissolve a media outlet when that outlet criticizes him?

• Yes! The fake news is the enemy of the people

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No! We live under a constitution that protects the press

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
I guess you forget about obama telling us not to watch fox news or listen to Limbaugh.

Link please ^

no matter, it's apples & oranges &

but but but obamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the press really the enemy of the people?

Now you are moving the goalposts, and also changing the question from one about an actual action into one about an opinion.
If the press is the enemy of the people, wouldn't that provide justification for closing them down?

I consider anti-fa to be the enemy of the people, but until they do an actual criminal act they can go on as they please.

You can't shut the press down for their content, even if they libel or slander the best you can do is seek damages.

if the orange gropenführer had his druthers he would. he's an ignoramus when it comes to the constitution... he did suggest something along those lines b4 he was told he couldn't.

images.png

trumpthreat_M3tusb_G.jpg

And yet he hasn't.

only cause he couldn't.

I consider anti-fa to be the enemy of the people, but until they do an actual criminal act they can go on as they please.

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

Of course you lump any Trump Supporter with WP morons, because you need to vilify people who simply disagree with you.

It's the sign of a weak mind, one of many you display.

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
No. But the President has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against the medias propogandizing of the news.

The media wants to criticize, but not be criticized. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Journalism is no sacred cow. We have had many examples of propagandization of news in this country...although previously it wasn't so one sided. I was born in a county where the news paper is called to this day The Republican, and the neighboring county to where I live today is The Democrat. This is nothing new. But it is very lopsided today. The three major papers in Missouri, including the one in heavily red Southwest Missouri, are all liberal controlled. The local televisions news is no different...as left leaning as they can get away with.

I can very easily help you understand how we feel. We feel about the rest of the media the way you feel about Sinclair Group and Fox News. You just can't see it, because you agree with the MSM bias.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I guess you forget about obama telling us not to watch fox news or listen to Limbaugh.

Link please ^

no matter, it's apples & oranges &

but but but obamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, it's okay if your side does it. Trump tells the truth about fake news. Obama tells you not to watch or listen to people that tells the truth about him.

No. But the President has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against the medias propogandizing of the news.

Journalism is no sacred cow. We have had many examples of propagandization of news in this country...although previously it wasn't so one sided. I was born in a county where the news paper is called to this day The Republican, and the neighboring county to where I live today is The Democrat. This is nothing new. But it is very lopsided today. The three major papers in Missouri, including the one in heavily red Southwest Missouri, are all liberal controlled. The local televisions news is no different...as left leaning as they can get away with.

I can very easily help you understand how we feel. We feel about the rest of the media the way you feel about Sinclair Group and Fox News. You just can't see it, because you agree with the MSM bias.
Doesn't this President want to criticize but not be criticized?

Projecting the Progressive jerkoff fantasy of eradicating any right leaning news organization

I prefer that the Fascist Progressives continue to be allowed to express how at odds they are with America's foundation, traditions, laws and culture.

In much the same way Message Boards like USMB have given our Progressive Jihadists the forum to completely destroy the very noting of a Liberal Intellectual Elite (you duppes), the FakeNews gives them a chance to showcase their "We H8 America, we <3 MS-13" bias

What has he actually done besides respond to them and call them names?

How has he actually tried to stop any criticism of him?

No...he expects criticism...in fact 90% of media coverage of Trump is criticism. 90%.

What the President objects to is the bias of the media.

If Trump walked on water across the Potomac, the media headline would be "Trump can't swim".

if the orange gropenführer had his druthers he would. he's an ignoramus when it comes to the constitution... he did suggest something along those lines b4 he was told he couldn't.

images.png

trumpthreat_M3tusb_G.jpg

And yet he hasn't.

only cause he couldn't.

Assuming facts not in evidence, try again.

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

lol...nope. & even if he did- he wasn't stooooooooopid enough to tweet about it.

Forum List

Back