Should Someone Receiving Welfare Be Drug Tested?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
Yes.

Moreover, I think anyone receiving welfare, with the exception of the old and infirmed and children should have to put in at least 20 hours of community service per week within their immediate area to help pay back the state and government for the privilege of receiving these benefits..

Yes.

Moreover, I think anyone receiving welfare, with the exception of the old and infirmed and children should have to put in at least 20 hours of community service per week within their immediate area to help pay back the state and government for the privilege of receiving these benefits..
Great you want to add another Trillion dollars in testing fees to the program.

Yes.

Great you want to add another Trillion dollars in testing fees to the program.
link

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...refix=drug+testing+kits,aps,249&tag=ff0d01-20
Percentage of Americans Now on Welfare Paints a Disturbing Picture of the State of Our Economy
But the 109,631,000 living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled 35.4 percent of all 309,467,000 people living in the United States at that time.

each test would have to cost over $100 each, and clearly they don't.

So in the long run (1 month) this will save the states and the country money

Yes.

clearly yes.

if someone has the money to get high, they have more than enough to feed their family.

didn't some state start to require community service? but only 10 hours, and still people wouldn't do it?

URINALYSIS-e1328054224371.jpg

Let's drug test everyone who gets child tax credits, or the mortgage interest deduction while we're at it.

Apples and Oranges

Do you have data showing that these are handouts like welfare is?

-Geaux

Of course they're handouts. They give money to some at the expense of others.

Why should someone with kids and a mortgage get to pay substantially less than I do in income taxes?

So someone tests positive and their kids suffer. More.

Yeah, maybe not. This is a cultural issue, simplistic band-aids aren't enough.
If the crack dealer is getting the money, the kids AREN'T...

Isn't it better to make sure the money goes to the kids instead of the dealers???

Let's drug test everyone who gets child tax credits, or the mortgage interest deduction while we're at it.

Apples and Oranges

-Geaux

Why should someone with kids and a mortgage get to pay substantially less than I do in income taxes?

Because you choose not to participate

-Geaux

Yes.

Please .. we've beat this horse to death already. Are you also in favor of testing all government workers, anyone receiving a penny from hard earned tax dollars, foreign governments, illegal immigrants, corporations, government contractors, drug lords and terrorists, rich farmers and big oil, and Wall Street? Remember, there are a lot more people than just those that are poor and needy that receive your tax dollars.

And, if parents fail the test, what do you plan to do with their children that will need food and shelter? Are you going to take the children away from them, put the children in a foster home, and care for them for the rest of their lives? What about disabled Vets that fail the test? What are your plans for them should they fail the test and not be able to eat or put a roof over their heads?

Are you only concerned with punishing American citizens, but couldn't care less about the tax dollars that we freely give away to foreign governments, the bribes we pay to North Korea and Iran, the supplying of weapons to drug lords and terrorists, the subsides we pay to Brazilian corn crops, the care and support of illegal immigrants, and the tax dollars we spend building mosques on foreign soil?

So, you're in favor of drugs testing and punishing American citizens, but have no concerns for wasted tax dollars and spending on anything else? Again, please tell us your plans for the children of those that fail the drug test. Thanks.

Isn't it better to make sure the money goes to the kids instead of the dealers???
How would that happen, logistically?

If those that fail the drug test are cut off from assistance, what do you suggest they do afterwards? Remember, we don't have an adequate number of self-supporting jobs to fill the demand. Also, many that are working, are also receiving some government assistance. Most of the jobs now are low wage, part-time, and temporary employment. We have college grads flipping burgers and living with parents. So, what will everyone do to eat if you cut off their government assistance? Do you have a plan for them? Or, do you suggest that they steal in order to feed themselves and their children? Do you want them to turn to crime in order to provide for their children? Or, do you plan to put the children in state custody paid for by hard earned tax dollars? What exactly are your plans?

If we can keep the parents off drugs, the money is there to be spent on the kids.

If we can keep the parents off drugs, the money is there to be spent on the kids.
But what about in the meantime? Cut off the dollars and kids suffer (even more than they already are) until Mom and/or Dad get their shit together? If they ever do? I can't do that to a kid, let alone the hundreds of thousands or millions who would suffer here.

I think we have the same goal here, but I suspect it's going to take heavier lifting. This is a cultural problem, in addition to being a legal problem and a fiscal issue.

I guess the kids are not suffering enough by having to live with a drug addict who spends all the money we give to them on drugs, while the kids go hungry, and do without the basics of life.

Perhaps we should actually make it better for the kids, by making adoption more attractive in this country, for this countries own children. Then if drug addicted parents didn't want to get off the drugs, we could take the children and give them to people who actually wanted them. Instead of parents who deserve to be put down like a rabid dog.

Apples and Oranges

-Geaux

Wow, what an idiot you are.

Homeowners pay for damn near everything in this country. Through property taxes, you moron. Thank God you are in New York, please stay there.

Yes.

Please .. we've beat this horse to death already. Are you also in favor of testing all government workers, anyone receiving a penny from hard earned tax dollars, foreign governments, illegal immigrants, corporations, government contractors, drug lords and terrorists, rich farmers and big oil, and Wall Street? Remember, there are a lot more people than just those that are poor and needy that receive your tax dollars.

And, if parents fail the test, what do you plan to do with their children that will need food and shelter? Are you going to take the children away from them, put the children in a foster home, and care for them for the rest of their lives? What about disabled Vets that fail the test? What are your plans for them should they fail the test and not be able to eat or put a roof over their heads?

Are you only concerned with punishing American citizens, but couldn't care less about the tax dollars that we freely give away to foreign governments, the bribes we pay to North Korea and Iran, the supplying of weapons to drug lords and terrorists, the subsides we pay to Brazilian corn crops, the care and support of illegal immigrants, and the tax dollars we spend building mosques on foreign soil?

So, you're in favor of drugs testing and punishing American citizens, but have no concerns for wasted tax dollars and spending on anything else? Again, please tell us your plans for the children of those that fail the drug test. Thanks.

i have never seen such asinine stupidity in my life. what is the cost to a family destroyed by drugs?
what are you plans for children destroyed by drugs in the family because it wasnt drug-tested?

Forum List

Back