Should Gov. Walker be prosecuted for accepting a bribe?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
In a move of incredulous arrogance the Gov. of Wisconsin has exposed himself as a class A hypocrite. Walker claims Government Workers deserve less but the children of those who donate to him are to be rewarded.

See: Walker demotes son of campaign contributor - JSOnline

Consider, the Quid Pro Quo. If it looks like a bribe, smells like a bribe and money changed hands, it is a BRIBE.

Should Gov. Walker be investigated for accepting a bribe:

1. Yes

2. No

3. I refuse to answer as it may tend to reflect blame on a Republican (R. Reagan Commandment).

Heh, I thought this thread was about the OTHER time Walker may or may not have accepted a bribe.

That Walker guy is such a kidder!

In a move of incredulous arrogance the Gov. of Wisconsin has exposed himself as a class A hypocrite. Walker claims Government Workers deserve less but the children of those who donate to him are to be rewarded.

Consider, the Quid Pro Quo. If it looks like a bribe, smells like a bribe and money changed hands, it is a BRIBE.

1. Yes

2. No

3. I refuse to answer as it may tend to reflect blame on a Republican (R. Reagan Commandment).

I dont know.

I'm from MA and thats how business is done in this state :lol:.

Seems fishy to me, I dont like it when my governor does this stuff here so I can't approve if thats what he is doing in WI.

BTW that was just a tiny story, I can get you dozens from local papers if you really dont beleive me about my governor doing the same shady hiring/job stuff with people.

1. Yes

2. No

The Better question is should Obama? ...oh that's right we don't mention that now do we.

Bribe

Ya never ends does it...

1. Yes

2. No

The Better question is should Obama? ...oh that's right we don't mention that now do we.

Bribe

Ya never ends does it...

2 wrongs don't make a right

both should be investigated.

1. Yes

2. No

I dont know.

I'm from MA and thats how business is done in this state :lol:.

Seems fishy to me, I dont like it when my governor does this stuff here so I can't approve if thats what he is doing in WI.

BTW that was just a tiny story, I can get you dozens from local papers if you really dont beleive me about my governor doing the same shady hiring/job stuff with people.

Same thing here in Ohio, right when our governor took office he invented a few 6 figure office positions and coincidentally hired all his pals to take those spots.

If enough of them do it, it will become the norm and another thing those of us in the public will just have to become numb to :(.

1. Yes

2. No

Bribe

Ya never ends does it...

Not saying its right not saying its wrong just saying its the SSDD, what cracks me up is hypocrites screaming at only one side while turning a blind eye to the obvious.

• Banned
It seems both sides of the aisle, thus far, agree such behavior is both common and unacceptable. Isn't the investigaton of a high profile Governor the first step in a process to bring intergrity to elected office?

It seems both sides of the aisle, thus far, agree such behavior is both common and unacceptable. Isn't the investigaton of a high profile Governor the first step in a process to bring intergrity to elected office?

I would think that questioning the activity of the President as "high profile" would be the best place to start but then I expect better from a President and expect a higher degree of integrity given the position.

Bribe

Ya never ends does it...

Not saying its right not saying its wrong just saying its the SSDD, what cracks me up is hypocrites screaming at only one side while turning a blind eye to the obvious.

Nice punt. So everyone is doing it and pointing out this one obvious example makes me a hypocrite? Yet you toss out a Red Herring and ignore the obvious hypocrisy of a Gov. who laments the growing state deficit, yet hires an underqualified crony with two DUI's, passing over two better qualified candidates with two PHD's.
It's very hard since you've earned it but I will forgo adding an ad hominem here; I suspect the rational have already made a judgment.

Nice punt. So everyone is doing it and pointing out this one obvious example makes me a hypocrite? Yet you toss out a Red Herring and ignore the obvious hypocrisy of a Gov. who laments the growing state deficit, yet hires an underqualified crony with two DUI's, passing over two better qualified candidates with two PHD's.
It's very hard since you've earned it but I will forgo adding an ad hominem here; I suspect the rational have already made a judgment.

You really want to compare deficits of the two individuals? ......Really?

Well if your going to investigate you better have a big budget.

That shit happens everytime someone is elected. Dem or Rep.

1. Yes

2. No

the double standard queen...:clap2:

epic-fail_.jpg

1. Yes

2. No

There is nothing illegal about this. Walker and any other governor can hire who ever they want for what ever reason they want. If the voters don't like it then they'll vote against him in the next election.

This kind of thing goes on in Congress all the time. They attach some special earmark for a Congressman's district or state in order to get him to vote for a bill they may be on the fence about. When the government does this, though, it's not called bribery, it's called compromising.

1. Yes

2. No

Given the facts presented in your linked article, good luck with the bribery charge. You're gonna need it.

1. Yes

2. No

There is nothing illegal about this. Walker and any other governor can hire who ever they want for what ever reason they want. If the voters don't like it then they'll vote against him in the next election.

This kind of thing goes on in Congress all the time. They attach some special earmark for a Congressman's district or state in order to get him to vote for a bill they may be on the fence about. When the government does this, though, it's not called bribery, it's called compromising.

It's called compromising to the bureacrats involved, us voters on this thread (and I'm sure many others) would call it bribery.

Bribery has been going on for the majority of time our gov't has existed, we've just put cute terms over it to make it sound more socially acceptable.

Beware of the person that starts a sentence with "not saying its wrong or right but..."

That person is a liar and a waffler

1. Yes

2. No

4. Wait for the OP to stop being a hypocrite and demand that every single last dem that sold thier vote for hundreds of millions of dollars to pass obama care be charged.

I'll wait for you to man up.

Forum List

Back