Should Gov. Walker be prosecuted for accepting a bribe?

It would be nice if the people criticizing would look in their own lives and fix the corruption there before worrying about others. But wait, that might involve admitting they are wrong and making an effort to change bad habits.

You think you can attack Walker as being corrupt while you support some of the most corrupt people this nation has ever seen. That doesn't excuse any bad behavior on Walker's part, if there is any. But if you show evidence that he is corrupt, how exactly does it justify your corruption? How does it justify the corrupt unions? How does it make him wrong to cut the budget and fix the serious fiscal problems we are facing before they destroy us?

I'd rather have a corrupt person working to make things better than a corrupt person working to make things worse. Of course, I'd rather not have corrupt people at all. But unfortunately, humanity is corrupt from the Fall and until people repent and become redeemed from the Fall, we have to deal with what we have.

In a move of incredulous arrogance the Gov. of Wisconsin has exposed himself as a class A hypocrite. Walker claims Government Workers deserve less but the children of those who donate to him are to be rewarded.

See: Walker demotes son of campaign contributor - JSOnline

Consider, the Quid Pro Quo. If it looks like a bribe, smells like a bribe and money changed hands, it is a BRIBE.

Should Gov. Walker be investigated for accepting a bribe:

1. Yes

2. No

3. I refuse to answer as it may tend to reflect blame on a Republican (R. Reagan Commandment).

There is nothing illegal about this. Walker and any other governor can hire who ever they want for what ever reason they want. If the voters don't like it then they'll vote against him in the next election.

This kind of thing goes on in Congress all the time. They attach some special earmark for a Congressman's district or state in order to get him to vote for a bill they may be on the fence about. When the government does this, though, it's not called bribery, it's called compromising.

If it looks like a birbe ... I guess to you it's the way things work; I find that reprehensible, no matter what letter (R) or (D) follows the name of the elected offical.

If it looks like a birbe ... I guess to you it's the way things work; I find that reprehensible, no matter what letter (R) or (D) follows the name of the elected offical.

That's total nonsense. If it was true, you'd actually go after Democrats every once and a while.

See, until there is no corruption from the dems the repubs will never see this as wrong. I thought repubs were for ppl obtaining positions through hard work and determination? At least that's what they say jn every affirmative action thread.

In a move of incredulous arrogance the Gov. of Wisconsin has exposed himself as a class A hypocrite. Walker claims Government Workers deserve less but the children of those who donate to him are to be rewarded.

Consider, the Quid Pro Quo. If it looks like a bribe, smells like a bribe and money changed hands, it is a BRIBE.

1. Yes

2. No

3. I refuse to answer as it may tend to reflect blame on a Republican (R. Reagan Commandment).

There is nothing illegal about this. Walker and any other governor can hire who ever they want for what ever reason they want. If the voters don't like it then they'll vote against him in the next election.

This kind of thing goes on in Congress all the time. They attach some special earmark for a Congressman's district or state in order to get him to vote for a bill they may be on the fence about. When the government does this, though, it's not called bribery, it's called compromising.

Then how is it that you haven't called for the immediate resignation of our entire government? Seems a bit late in the day to start crying about some Governor when there are much larger problems then him.......Oh wait this isn't about integrity at all is it?

It would be nice if the people criticizing would look in their own lives and fix the corruption there before worrying about others. But wait, that might involve admitting they are wrong and making an effort to change bad habits.

You think you can attack Walker as being corrupt while you support some of the most corrupt people this nation has ever seen. That doesn't excuse any bad behavior on Walker's part, if there is any. But if you show evidence that he is corrupt, how exactly does it justify your corruption? How does it justify the corrupt unions? How does it make him wrong to cut the budget and fix the serious fiscal problems we are facing before they destroy us?

I'd rather have a corrupt person working to make things better than a corrupt person working to make things worse. Of course, I'd rather not have corrupt people at all. But unfortunately, humanity is corrupt from the Fall and until people repent and become redeemed from the Fall, we have to deal with what we have.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.
2. I didn't "attack" Walker as corrupt, I asked a question.
3. "The Fall"? Maybe it's time for you to repent, having made a false witness against me.

See, until there is no corruption from the dems the repubs will never see this as wrong. I thought repubs were for ppl obtaining positions through hard work and determination? At least that's what they say jn every affirmative action thread.

No. Until you actually speak out against corruption on both sides, you will be seen as a partisan hack who has little credibility when he makes a claim of corruption.

See just because you scream corruption, doesn't mean there is evidence of such. And the fact that you conveniently ignore your own corruption destroys your credibility.

I don't see how it's unreasonable to seek to eliminate corruption in your own life and in your own party first. Clean the inward vessel first and then the outward one.

You do it otherwise, as you guys are, you are demonstrating that you don't give a damn about corruption. You're just playing partisan politics.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.
3. "The Fall"? Maybe it's time for you to repent, having made a false witness against me.

I've not lied at all concerning you.

You've lied in every one of your points.

That's total nonsense. If it was true, you'd actually go after Democrats every once and a while.

Once again you offer false witness against me.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.

I've lied in everyone of my posts? Please post everyone of my posts and point out the lie. Otherwise, there will be proof that you have violated God's Commandments.
I await you apology; keep in mind your very soul is at stake.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.

if this constitutes a bribe you have a major issue with the English language and Merriam and Websters...I think can think of several pithy descriptive terms to use for this that I in fact would agree with, but bribery is waaaaay out there.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.

I've lied in everyone of my posts? Please post everyone of my posts and point out the lie. Otherwise, there will be proof that you have violated God's Commandments.
I await you apology; keep in mind your very soul is at stake.

Why would I apologize for telling the truth?

1. You're human and moreso, you're a partisan hack.
2. This entire thread is to attack Walker because you can't win on the merits of your issue. You can't justify supporting corrupt unions with tax payer money.
3. You've falsely accused me of lying.

1. Yes

2. No

It's called compromising to the bureacrats involved, us voters on this thread (and I'm sure many others) would call it bribery.

Bribery has been going on for the majority of time our gov't has existed, we've just put cute terms over it to make it sound more socially acceptable.

Yep, bribery is how Obamacare was passed, no doubt about that.

It seems both sides of the aisle, thus far, agree such behavior is both common and unacceptable. Isn't the investigaton of a high profile Governor the first step in a process to bring intergrity to elected office?

It could be. I think they should investigate all 50 governors and find out which ones are doing this stuff and if its widespread as it appears to be we need to get ballot initiatives to make laws making this behavior by public employees such as governors and their workers illegal.

I see option #3 is wildly popular

Good point.

It is? At the point in your thread that you made this post it seems everyone was saying what you were in your first post in this quote, the one immediately before the 2nd post.

Which is it?

It seems like the states need to re-visit it's hiring rules and regs and the the feds need to re-visit it's contracting proceedures.

1. Yes

2. No

Why don't we start at the top?

Obama Rewards Campaign Donors With Ambassador Jobs - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Do you think Obama should be prosecuted for accepting a bribe?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I refuse to answer as it may tend to reflect blame on The One Whose Ass I Kiss (Obamazombie Commandment).

This is not bribery, it is politics as usual. If you are actually upset with this start at the top and work down, don't pick the one person you have repeatedly disagreed with and single him out, start with the guy you support and hold him to his promise to change things.

1. Yes

2. No

The Better question is should Obama? ...oh that's right we don't mention that now do we.

Bribe

Ya never ends does it...

That's different.

Bush/Cheney evil. Obama good.

It seems both sides of the aisle, thus far, agree such behavior is both common and unacceptable. Isn't the investigaton of a high profile Governor the first step in a process to bring intergrity to elected office?

No, we should start with the president, not a governor.

So true. It is amazing how he only notices that (R)s do it, and then thinks we should start with a (R) governor when someone points out that a (D) president does the exact same thing.

Forum List

Back