Should a pregnant athlete be prosecuted for causing death to her fetus?

PK1

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2015
"Five-time Olympic gold medalist Dana Vollmer is six months pregnant, but that won't stop her from competing in a USA Swimming Pro Series later this month.
Alysia Montano ran the 800 meters event at the 2014 U.S. championships while 34 weeks pregnant."

Ethics or Health QUESTION:
If an athlete "accidentally" kills her fetus while 6-8 months pregnant, should she be prosecuted?

"Five-time Olympic gold medalist Dana Vollmer is six months pregnant, but that won't stop her from competing in a USA Swimming Pro Series later this month.
Alysia Montano ran the 800 meters event at the 2014 U.S. championships while 34 weeks pregnant."

If an athlete "accidentally" kills her fetus while 6-8 months pregnant, should she be prosecuted?
No she should be given comfort and help and understanding.
You should know the answer as well.

No. If it is accidental.

Greg

"

No. Unless you want to just designate them all "Breeding Machines" who have no rights.

I'm sure this woman discussed with her doctors what she could and couldn't do when pregnant.

"

No. Unless you want to just designate them all "Breeding Machines" who have no rights.

I'm sure this woman discussed with her doctors what she could and couldn't do when pregnant.
My uninformed intuition would not want my wife to strain her body when she is more than 6 months pregnant, to play it safe.
However, i believe women have the basic right to choose for themselves, preferably with valid information.

Forum List

Back