Scott Walker: "Our Next President Should Be a Governor"

I'd consider voting for him.

Stephanie

First, you'd vote for anything that didn't have a D behind it's name.

Second, Walker had done terrible harm to his middle class constituents, so of course you would vote for him.

Third, this was posted yesterday and it was stupid then. Why would repeating it make it any smarter?
Oh BULL SHIT, Puddley. I LIVE IN WISCONSIN, and Walker has been a GOOD GOVERNOR here. He's brought the state out of a 1.8 BILLION dollar DEBT left him by DEMOCRAP gov Doyle, and he's lowered property taxes which were a big deal here in WI. He's survived two major, DEM and UNION FUNDED recall efforts, and that says something. People here in Wisconsin LIKE him. He's doing a GOOD JOB. So cram your BS back up your ass, you have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Walker isn't my first choice, but I surely would vote for him for president.

You didn't expect ludnuts to have anything good to say about him. He's a tool for the Democrats. The left/dems hate Walker because he KICKED the Union and the DNC asses when they tried to get him recalled. oh I got such a laugh at that one....teehee

I don't want another inexperienced JUNIOR frikken community agitator Senator for President. thank you.
y

Well then you should have convinced America not to vote for that Senator.

Meanwhile, I lean more towards governors also- good examples are Reagan and Clinton- bad examples are Bush and Carter.

But the GOP has a few governors to consider and reject in favor of some right wing nutjob. I fully expect the GOP to reject both Christie and Jeb.

I don't want another inexperienced JUNIOR frikken community agitator Senator for President. thank you.

snip:
Oh, you don’t say!
In all seriousness, many conservatives will be taking a serious look at Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) in 2016. He’s effective, he’s conservative, and he knows how to put together winning coalitions. His most recentelectoral romp, however, is an absolute game-changer --and why wouldn’t it be?
He’s now won animpressive numberof state-wide elections since 2010. Arguably, he’s the most despised Republican governor in America (on the Left). So what’s not to like?
But, dear reader, will he make the leap? Asked recently if he had once and for all quelled those rumors, he told Salem radio hostHugh Hewittthe following (viaTruth Revolt):

all of it here:
Scott Walker Our Next President Should Be a Governor - Daniel Doherty

Scott Walker doesn't strike me as presidential material. He's....awkward. Watch his speeches. Its generally not impressive.

That being said, I do think Walker has the pulse of the nation accurately read on one point: I strongly suspect experience is going to matter more powerfully in this election than it did in 2008. Leaving your Cruzes, Bachmanns, Carsons and Rubios at a significant disadvantage.

Jeb is well positioned though. As is Hillary.

snip:
Oh, you don’t say!
In all seriousness, many conservatives will be taking a serious look at Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) in 2016. He’s effective, he’s conservative, and he knows how to put together winning coalitions. His most recentelectoral romp, however, is an absolute game-changer --and why wouldn’t it be?
He’s now won animpressive numberof state-wide elections since 2010. Arguably, he’s the most despised Republican governor in America (on the Left). So what’s not to like?
But, dear reader, will he make the leap? Asked recently if he had once and for all quelled those rumors, he told Salem radio hostHugh Hewittthe following (viaTruth Revolt):

all of it here:

Scott Walker doesn't strike me as presidential material. He's....awkward. Watch his speeches. Its generally not impressive.

That being said, I do think Walker has the pulse of the nation accurately read on one point: I strongly suspect experience is going to matter more powerfully in this election than it did in 2008. Leaving your Cruzes, Bachmanns, Carsons and Rubios at a significant disadvantage.

Not everyone speaks gibberish and over us while blowing smoke up our asses like Obama and Democrats. they have that down to TEE

Last edited:
Not everyone speaks gibberish and over us while blowing smoke up our asses like Obama and Democrats. they have that down to TEE

Walker can't give a speech like that. As he demonstrates here:

Walker is unlikely to be a viable or effective presidental candidate as he simply lacks the charisma and speaking ability to effectively market himself to a national audience. Though I think Walker would kick ass at a cabinet level position. The man knows how to brawl politically.

snip:
Oh, you don’t say!

all of it here:

I think Walker could get some consideration as a VP candidate but agree he is not dynamic enough to win a Presidential election

In his favor, he is not as batshit crazy as a Cruz, West or Bachmann

Walker is unlikely to be a viable or effective presidental candidate as he simply lacks the charisma and speaking ability to effectively market himself to a national audience. Though I think Walker would kick ass at a cabinet level position. The man knows how to brawl politically.

time will tell. I think they said that about Reagan and Bush jr too. :wink_2:

like I said, blowing SMOKE up our asses with that video of Obama

We appreciate Walker for how he just shot a big hole in the Republican Obamacare lawsuit.

The key point of that Republican lawsuit is that removing federal subsidies wouldn't do harm because all the states will provide them instead.

And so Walker just loudly announced his state would not provide them.
---
What would Wisconsin do if the U.S. Supreme Court rules that the Affordable Care Act doesn't allow billions of dollars in tax credits and subsidies to go to residents of Wisconsin and 34 other states that didn't set up their own exchanges to price and purchase health insurance?

Nothing, Republican Gov. Scott Walker said last week, because the problem would be too big for Wisconsin or any one state to try and fix.
---

This is why Republicans cringe every time Walker talks. He's going to go down in history as the man who saved ObamaCare.

First, you'd vote for anything that didn't have a D behind it's name.
Here we see another standard dodge by the usual leftist fanatics.

While Democrats have logs records of expanding government and increasing spending and taxes, Republicans have long records (which have been recently tarnished, something they need to correct) of reducing spending and taxes, and (to some extent) reducing government.

Leftists fanatics are unable to dispute the real differences between Democrats and Republicans (or, more accurately, liberals and conservatives). So they clap their hands over their eyes as little luddly does here, and announce "There is no difference. The Republicans simply vote based on the "irrelevant "my side, your side" trope, as though there were no more difference between parties than there are between two football teams, just the unimportant difference in their name and location."

The leftists don't dare examine the basic differences in philosophy and actions between conservatives and leftist liberals. If they were to make the differences public, the leftists would lose support across the board and be voted out of every office in the land.

So they have to pretend, as always, the (a) the other side is stupid, and (b) they only vote mindlessly for someone with an R after their name, like they root for a team with the right color jersey.

These people have to lie about EVERYTHING concerning their political agenda. To tell the truth would result in their political doom.

Giving a superb speech in that video of Obama.

Here's another:

Now *that* is how you give an acceptance speech. Even Pat Buchanan was falling all over himself in praise of Obama's powers of oration.

Compare that to Walker's halting, awkward, stilted performance at his acceptance speech.

Face it....your boy doesn't have the chops for this. Though he does have the experience.

Face it....your boy doesn't have the chops for this. Though he does have the experience.
Democrats rely completely on the slick, con-man ability of their candidates. They have to be able to put over a lie with completely convincing sincerity and confidence.

Walker's relative bluntness and awkwardness would never make it in their world. Can you imagine people believing Walker if he went on national TV and told people, "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan. Period."

But people (at least, the ones not paying attention) believed Barack Obama completely when he said that. They didn't find out he was lying until after the votes were counted. THAT'S the kind of candidate the Democrats have to have. And they will lampoon, insult, and do their best to destroy anyone who doesn't conform.

Last edited:
In his favor, he is not as batshit crazy as a Cruz, West or Bachmann

Nope, he's not. Walker is a competent politician and an effective brawler. He can go toe to toe with his opposition and win. His lack of charisma and ability to speak will probably make any national campaign problematic at best. But I'd say he's a fine choice for a cabinet level position.

Love him or hate him, the man can get shit down.

our next POTUS should be Governor ...

thus spake the 45th Governor of Wisconsin.

LMAO

snip:
Oh, you don’t say!

all of it here:

Hillary has the foreign policy experience- more than any potential GOP candidate- but when have Americans cared about that?

She doesn't have any executive experience though.

There are a number of solid GOP governors who could run- I just suspect the GOP will find someway to ensure that they have the weakest candidate.

I would love a really strong alternative to Hilary for the Democrats.

LMAO

Historically, governors and VP's are where most of our presidents come from. With the former outpacing the latter. It makes sense. The best experience to be a chief executive is to be a chief executive.

Reagan, Roosevelt, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Carter were all former governors.

The second best pool is VPs. Truman, LBJ and Bush Sr. fit that bill.

Senators are next, with JFK and Obama. Though military experience is almost always a prerequisite for a major party presidential candidate with only Senate experience. Obama is the lone exception.

Walker would have the experience. And Wisconsin is a large enough state that I'd argue that experience would be relevant. Being the governor of say, Rhodes Island or Alaska, not so much. The lack of speaking chops are kind of a deal breaker though.

LMAO

Historically, governors and VP's are where most of our presidents come from. With the former outpacing the latter. It makes sense. The best experience to be a chief executive is to be a chief executive.

Reagan, Roosevelt, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Carter were all former governors.

The second best pool is VPs. Truman, LBJ and Bush Sr. fit that bill.

Senators are next, with JFK and Obama. Though military experience is almost always a prerequisite for a major party presidential candidate with only Senate experience. Obama is the lone exception.

Walker would have the experience. And Wisconsin is a large enough state that I'd argue that experience would be relevant. Being the governor of say, Rhodes Island or Alaska, not so much. The lack of speaking chops are kind of a deal breaker though.

yeah, I get that, but you didn't get the point I made.

Hillary has the foreign policy experience- more than any potential GOP candidate- but when have Americans cared about that?

She doesn't have any executive experience though.

There are a number of solid GOP governors who could run- I just suspect the GOP will find someway to ensure that they have the weakest candidate.

I would love a really strong alternative to Hilary for the Democrats.

I'm with you. Hillary strikes me as......politically fragile. She's competent, tough, focused and organized. Plus, she's got a goddamn political Jedi sleeping next to her every night. But she's polarizing. People's feelings regarding her tend to run strong in either direction. And her lack of executive experience will hurt her.

She impressed the hell out of me as Secretary of State. But I don't think that will be enough for the reason you cited: Americans really don't give a fuck about foreign policy.

Jeb in my opinion is superbly positioned. The man is soft spoken, has qualification falling out of his pockets, and has strong ties to the Hispanic community (and speaks the language fluently, which Latinos will definitely respond to) and is politically connected among the GOP establishment as Hillary is with the Democrats.

The GOP seems to finally be coming off of is 'Purge the RINOs!' hysteria and seem more open to the wide shade of the Big Tent. Under which Jeb will do nicely. Plus, my sense of the electorate is that they want someone comfortable. Conventional. Jeb is both. Hell, even his name is a well worn tread.

The GOP is doing a better job of grooming viable candidates for presidential runs in my opinion. The democrats kind of shot their load with Obama. And since him, haven't really had any stand outs with good qualifications. They've got some AAA players (mayor of San Antonio comes to mind), but he won't be ready for 2016.

So its likely gonna be Hillary.

Forum List

Back