Should Gabrielle Giffords Resign?

giffords doesn't represent either of your districts. let me know when her constituents complain... and not just the usual rightwingnut suspects.

It's a fallacy to assume that you can't have an opinion if you aren't a constituent. Our opinions won't matter much. But that doesn't mean it isn't a topic to discuss.

It doesn't matter what party someone is, if they can't fulfill their obligations due to health reasons shouldn't they allow the people to find a new representative?

I know that senator Byrd was a Democrat, idiot. I have my own opinions about all of them, but you as a partisan hack wouldn't understand that.

Sarah, this is the first time I've ever seen you criticize a Democrat. Your statements implied that you were talking solely about Republican politicians. Why on eareth would I expect you to know that?

I would encourage you to continue to form your own opinions on matters. Stop being the partisan hack you falsely accuse me of being.

I know that senator Byrd was a Democrat, idiot. I have my own opinions about all of them, but you as a partisan hack wouldn't understand that.

Sarah, this is the first time I've ever seen you criticize a Democrat. Your statements implied that you were talking solely about Republican politicians. Why on eareth would I expect you to know that?

I would encourage you to continue to form your own opinions on matters. Stop being the partisan hack you falsely accuse me of being.

Oh brother, stfu.

The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

That would be up the the people who elected her. The Governor has not called for Ms. Giffords resign. When and if her district demands her to step down she should, until then it is still her seat.

The lady is a hero, in my opinion.
As long as she's capable, able and willing - who would question should she step down.
She rocks!

I think she should only resign if those in her district want her to. At the moment it doesn't look that way from what I've seen, so I'd lean towards no. If it were my district I'd probably give her until the next election.

It does suck for the people currently in her district, but hey if they're willing to ride it out and give her a shot-so be it. Plus, they could live in the nation's capital. haha

The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

I don't believe so. As long as the possibility remains that she may be able to resume her duties, she should not resign.

Since Eric Cantor walked out of budget negotiations, and cannot do the job that his constituents sent him to Washington to do, should he resign?

What the hell does that have to do with her being possibly "incapable" of fulfilling her duties?
Your attempts at trollin are not as clever as you may think.

All of you playing partisan politics with this issue, be it left or right, are as disgusting as those blowing our children's futures. Try showing some dignity once and a while.

Agree with her or not Gabriel nearly gave her life to give back to the people. She did not enlist in the military with all the risks that it entails. Yet she has basically sacrificed her life to an extent in similar fashion. Her core ideology may differ from some of ours but her desire to give a better future to others is not in doubt.
Those of you who play politics with her situation show just how shallow and superficial you are. You also make your voice in serious issues irrelevant. I've learned more in this thread about some of you than in the entire 2 weeks I've been here.
In my opinion her seat should be reserved for her at least until the next election. A temporary replacement should be in place to support those not being supported by her absence. She nearly made the ultimate sacrifice in the attempt to make the lives of those she represents better. For that she deserves the same in return.

Last edited:
Agree with her or not Gabriel nearly gave her life to give back to the people. She did not enlist in the military with all the risks that it entails. Yet she has basically sacrificed her life to an extent in similar fashion. Her core ideology may differ from some of ours but her desire to give a better future to others is not in doubt.
Those of you who play politics with her situation show just how shallow and superficial you are. You also make your voice in serious issues irrelevant. I've learned more in this thread about some of you than in the entire 2 weeks I've been here.
In my opinion her seat should be reserved for her at least until the next election. A temporary replacement should be in place to support those not being supported by her absence. She nearly made the ultimate sacrifice in the attempt to make the lives of those she represents better. For that she deserves the same in return.

Is the temporary replacement there? No. In all your word salad, you agree with me. Skip the rhetoric, and come out and say it.

Is the temporary replacement there? No. In all your word salad, you agree with me. Skip the rhetoric, and come out and say it.

I'm sorry if I didn't directly respond to your post. My so called salad was a response to all the stupid posts I saw in this thread. I just skimmed through it as I wasn't really that interested till I saw all the political hate. I felt that some reason should be injected. If you already did that my apologies. I still havnt read all the responses as the first few got me riled up. Having said that I don't consider what I said to be retoric. On the contrary, its the common sense that's missing in our political discourse today.

Isn't this sort of what the right wanted all along?

You betcha!!!

Sarah Palin saw to it with her targets list that Giffords was taken out...by any means necessary.

Giffords-Palin_380_1224918a.jpg

palins-facebook-map.jpg

Last edited:
the tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the house. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

isn't this sort of what the right wanted all along?

you betcha!!!

Sarah palin saw to it with her targets list that giffords was taken out...by any means necessary.

giffords-palin_380_1224918a.jpg

palins-facebook-map.jpg

asshole

you betcha!!!

Sarah palin saw to it with her targets list that giffords was taken out...by any means necessary.

giffords-palin_380_1224918a.jpg

palins-facebook-map.jpg

asshole
We agree that was quite an A-hole thing for Sawah to do.

What we agree on is that you're a peice of shit, that Palin had nothing to do with Giffords shooting. But because you are a liberal and this is a liberal board this peice of shit thread gets to stay here. :lol:

Forum List

Back