Should Gabrielle Giffords Resign?

I do not recall, but did they make Brady resign when he was shot in the head during the assassination attempt on Reagan?

Brady was unable to continue as Ronald Reagan's press secretary, but he retained that title for the duration of Reagan's presidency, with Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater performing the job on an "acting" or "deputy" basis.

James Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a yes and no.

Yes he got to keep the title, no he had no input.

Was it the right that forced this to occur? How long after the shooting before they "replaced" Brady?

And I suck at googling. :lol:

When James Brady was shot in the assassination attempt on President Reagan on March 30, 1981, he was unable to return to work, though he retained the title of "Press Secretary" for the duration of Reagan's term. In Brady's absence, Speakes took over the job of handling the daily press briefings.

On June 17, 1981, Speakes was appointed "Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Press Secretary."

Larry Speakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just under 4 months later.

Considering I havent heard a single person on the right call for it, my guess would be no.

It's not like the Republicans are hurt politically because Ms Giffords is holding the seat. She isn't voting for or against anything. It's a Democrat district so I doubt it would end up going to the GOP if she were replaced.

It seems like the people who are hurt by it are the Democrats and the people themselves who no longer have representation.

You must remember all these assholes on the left blaming the shooting on the people on the right? Do you think they've changed their asshole minds? I don't.

I blame you

My Give A Shit Meter register ZERO plasmadork.

I do not recall, but did they make Brady resign when he was shot in the head during the assassination attempt on Reagan?

which congressional district did Brady serve?[/QUOTE]

He wasn't in Congress. He was Reagan's Press Secretary. After the shooting they allowed him to keep his title for the rest of the Reagan Presidency but he didn't do any work, Instead, Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater filled in an "acting" or "Deputy" Capacity.

He was a great bigass racist if that helps? Bird dabbled in the KKK long ago, Strom pretty much kept his racism in tact.

I hate to help with the derail

But why was Byrd, a grand whatever, and not a dabbler, forgiven and not David Duke who also repented?

He wasn't forgiven by me but thanks for bringing up yet another racist R. :lol:

But he was forgiven by 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the DNC

No idea. I was 2 at the time.

Also, they propped up these old senators like Strom and Byrd just for their votes. They keep supreme court justices until they're ancient. Gabby can stay until she decides she can't do it. Sane people in AZ need her..

Gabby, Both Strom and Byrd were able to vote. They were both reelected to their positions multiple times. This situation isn't anywhere camparable to this one since Ms Giffords cannot vote.

How does she help the people of Arizona when she isnt able to vote?

He was a great bigass racist if that helps? Bird dabbled in the KKK long ago, Strom pretty much kept his racism in tact.

I hate to help with the derail

But why was Byrd, a grand whatever, and not a dabbler, forgiven and not David Duke who also repented?

He wasn't forgiven by me but thanks for bringing up yet another racist R. :lol:

Really? Because I can't name a single Democrat, other than yourself, who hasnt forgiven Senator Byrd for his time in the KKK. Heck Clinton was saying that He only joined for political purposes (And personally I think that makes it worse than if he actually had racist feelings toward blacks).

which congressional district did Brady serve?

He wasn't in Congress. He was Reagan's Press Secretary. After the shooting they allowed him to keep his title for the rest of the Reagan Presidency but he didn't do any work, Instead, Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater filled in an "acting" or "Deputy" Capacity.

James Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE] :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Beat you to it!!

The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

Isn't this sort of what the right wanted all along?

Not sure. Lets ask Giffords.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tTDiZZYCAs]YouTube - ‪Gabrielle Giffords warns Sarah Palin there will be consequences.‬‏[/ame]

which congressional district did Brady serve?

giffords doesn't represent either of your districts. let me know when her constituents complain... and not just the usual rightwingnut suspects.

Forum List

Back