Should Gabrielle Giffords Resign?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

Is she capable of doing her job now? what is her status?

If her mind is back and working and she can do her job I say she should stay, if she can't I say she should appoint someone until the election to work in her stead.

In the end its up to the voters in her state and the giffords themselves.

Isn't this sort of what the right wanted all along?

yes.

I don't believe so. As long as the possibility remains that she may be able to resume her duties, she should not resign.

I don't believe so. As long as the possibility remains that she may be able to resume her duties, she should not resign.

Since Eric Cantor walked out of budget negotiations, and cannot do the job that his constituents sent him to Washington to do, should he resign?

Since Eric Cantor walked out of budget negotiations, and cannot do the job that his constituents sent him to Washington to do, should he resign?

Ah... memories.... "Fourteen Democratic senators in Wisconsin are on the lam, and the cops are hot in pursuit. This is happening all because of a controversial vote on a bill that was introduced to help close the state's $3.6 billion budget gap."

State Legislators in Wisconsin Flee State to Avoid Voting - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

interesting question.

If she is not mentally capable, is there someone that's working in her stead? Like a vice rep or something like that? If so, there's no reason to step aside. If not, she should step aside so her people have a voice in the House.

There should be no call for her to step down except by the people in her region. If they are happy to wait, that's on them.

He did exactly what his people sent him there to do. He doesn't support fucking people over and increasing spending and neither do the people that sent him.

Should Michelle Bachmann resign? Seriously, they have been in their perspective offices as much. One was shot in the face and one is a media whore "running" for the presidency knowing full damn well she cant win because of her crazy past.

Who is more honorable?

yes.

I would like you both to explain what you mean.

The gop owns the House so one more seat is meaningless. And I hope to god thats what you mean.

He did exactly what his people sent him there to do. He doesn't support fucking people over and increasing spending and neither do the people that sent him.

While, I would never vote for Boehner's wshiney assed attack dog, he represents me, and I expect him to go to Washington and do what my tax dollars pay him to do. Negotiate.

Forum List

Back