Shock: Mccain Campaign Volunteer Attacked And Mutilated In Pittsburgh

Speaking of Lincoln and protectionism:

The fledgling Republican Party led by Abraham Lincoln, who called himself a "Henry Clay tariff Whig", strongly opposed free trade and when formed the party implemented a 44 percent tariff during the Civil War in part to pay for the building of the Union-Pacific Railroad, the war effort, and to protect American industry.[6] President William McKinley stated the United States' stance under the Republican Party (who had won every election for President except the two non-consecutive terms of Grover Cleveland until 1912 maintaining Lincoln's economic principles) as thus:

"Under free trade the trader is the master and the producer the slave. Protection is but the law of nature, the law of self-preservation, of self-development, of securing the highest and best destiny of the race of man. [It is said] that protection is immoral…. Why, if protection builds up and elevates 63,000,000 [the U.S. population] of people, the influence of those 63,000,000 of people elevates the rest of the world. We cannot take a step in the pathway of progress without benefitting mankind everywhere. Well, they say, ‘Buy where you can buy the cheapest'…. Of course, that applies to labor as to everything else. Let me give you a maxim that is a thousand times better than that, and it is the protection maxim: ‘Buy where you can pay the easiest.' And that spot of earth is where labor wins its highest rewards."[7]

The tariff and support of protection to support the growth of infrastructure and industrialization of the nation became a leading tenet of the Republican Party thereafter until the Eisenhower administration and the onset of the Cold War.
Protectionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly, this kid has never heard of those great Democrat leaders, George C. Wallace and Robert Byrd. Because, of course, only Republicans can be racist.

those people are all republican now... you can thank Nixon and his southern strategy for that. I'll even give you a Newmax site for it. ;)

The "Southern strategy" was a phrase concocted by political analyst Kevin Phillips more than three decades ago, and it accurately described the political situation of those years. The South, once a bastion of the Democratic Party, was up for grabs in the years between 1948 and 1984. In the close elections of 1960, 1968 and 1976, the South provided the popular vote margin for the winners.

Why the GOP's Southern Strategy Ended, Part I

The story is true insomuch as the woman claims she was attacked, yes. The police are still investigating her claims that she was attacked because the robber saw a mccain/palin sticker on her car.

My question, when you go to the ATM and are standing there, how does anyone know for sure which car is yours? and if his purpose was to rob her why would he take the time to read a bumper sticker and then comment and attack her based on that?

the entire senerio flys in the face of logic IMO.

Sort of...nobody really knows how true the story is at all, actually. Apparently there is some discrepancy with the ATM/bank she says she withdrew money from as well. And she blogged before it happened "I'm in the wrong side of town"....dunno its all just fucking weird.

And now apparently her story is changing...she isn't sure if the attacker was angered by a button she had on, or her car bumper sticker...and she says he also groped her now.

Because, of course, only Republicans can be racist.

This is so typical of the right. Must be a frigging sound bite mailed to you. Make a statement like this on your own and then accuse the left of saying it. Piss off.

Where on these threads has anyone but a rightie stated that only a Republican be racist.

Please get some new sound bites.

I bet you believe the earth is flat???
Nope, that's why I'm not stupid enough to believe someone spent quite a bit of time and effort in carving a perfect backward B on someone's face while they were angry and panicking about getting arrested.

The again, fake black guys seem to have amazing powers.

those people are all republican now... you can thank Nixon and his southern strategy for that. I'll even give you a Newmax site for it. ;)

Why the GOP's Southern Strategy Ended, Part I

WHAT???

George Wallace, fmr DEMOCRAT governer of Alabama, has been dead for 10 years. He was famous for saying "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever." He DID change his mind on race relations in later years, but he was a Democrat to the end.

Robert Byrd (D-WV) is still in the senate. He is a former grand dragon (or some silly title like that) of the KKK. Did you miss the "D" beside his name?

Here's your lunch. Enjoy.

Police: McCain volunteer changes ATM attack story

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh police say a McCain campaign volunteer who said she was held down by a black man who cut the letter "B" in her face has changed her story.

Police spokeswoman Diane Richard says investigators gave the 20-year-old woman a lie-detector test and are "looking at some inconsistencies" in her story.

The student, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, initially said a black man robbed her at knifepoint Wednesday night and then cut her cheek after seeing a McCain sticker on her car.

Police say bank surveillance footage doesn't show her at an ATM where she says she was attacked.

Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn't remember being cut. She now says she only discovered the wound later.

No arrests have been made.

Police: McCain volunteer changes ATM attack story

I KNEW this woman's insanity was going to come out and be painted against the McCain camp. The media is going to LOOOOOOOOVE using this against McCain.

What they won't do, of course, is bother to look at the possibility that she could be an Obama plant.

WHAT???

George Wallace, fmr DEMOCRAT governer of Alabama, has been dead for 10 years. He was famous for saying "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever." He DID change his mind on race relations in later years, but he was a Democrat to the end.

Robert Byrd (D-WV) is still in the senate. He is a former grand dragon (or some silly title like that) of the KKK. Did you miss the "D" beside his name?

Here's your lunch. Enjoy.

Because, of course, the fact that one person still exists from that time is, of course, evidence that the southern strategy admitted to, recognized, and practiced by the repubs doesn't exist. you're funny CO... truly. Do you walk around with your hands over your ears saying "la la la la la"?

And, in case it's escaped your notice, those were all little ole red states.

Enjoy dessert. Take a second helping. They say chocolate replicates the feeling of love. *hugs and kisses* ;)

I KNEW this woman's insanity was going to come out and be painted against the McCain camp. The media is going to LOOOOOOOOVE using this against McCain.

What they won't do, of course, is bother to look at the possibility that she could be an Obama plant.

oh NOW she's an obama plant, eh?

:lol:

Yesterday's jewel of the Drudge Prom is NOW a democratic plant when it comes out that she is an attention yearning nutcase?

:thup:

good job!

Maybe because they know the fact that shes been a part of the College Republicans for years, eh?

:clap2:

Because, of course, the fact that one person still exists from that time is, of course, evidence that the southern strategy admitted to, recognized, and practiced by the repubs doesn't exist. you're funny CO... truly. Do you walk around with your hands over your ears saying "la la la la la"?

And, in case it's escaped your notice, those were all little ole red states.

Enjoy dessert. Take a second helping. They say chocolate replicates the feeling of love. *hugs and kisses* ;)

When did I say that the Southern Strategy didn't exist? It had it's day. I am from Alabama. The people you're reading about are people I live among. I also know that TODAY often the most racist, most bigotted and IGNORANT voters in this area will turn right around and say they vote Democrat because "the Democrat is for the working man."

But you go ahead and make all the assumptions you want about how racist and awful the Republican party is. We like it when you misjudge us.

Speaking of Lincoln and protectionism:

The fledgling Republican Party led by Abraham Lincoln, who called himself a "Henry Clay tariff Whig", strongly opposed free trade and when formed the party implemented a 44 percent tariff during the Civil War in part to pay for the building of the Union-Pacific Railroad, the war effort, and to protect American industry.[6] President William McKinley stated the United States' stance under the Republican Party (who had won every election for President except the two non-consecutive terms of Grover Cleveland until 1912 maintaining Lincoln's economic principles) as thus:

"Under free trade the trader is the master and the producer the slave. Protection is but the law of nature, the law of self-preservation, of self-development, of securing the highest and best destiny of the race of man. [It is said] that protection is immoral…. Why, if protection builds up and elevates 63,000,000 [the U.S. population] of people, the influence of those 63,000,000 of people elevates the rest of the world. We cannot take a step in the pathway of progress without benefitting mankind everywhere. Well, they say, ‘Buy where you can buy the cheapest'…. Of course, that applies to labor as to everything else. Let me give you a maxim that is a thousand times better than that, and it is the protection maxim: ‘Buy where you can pay the easiest.' And that spot of earth is where labor wins its highest rewards."[7]

The tariff and support of protection to support the growth of infrastructure and industrialization of the nation became a leading tenet of the Republican Party thereafter until the Eisenhower administration and the onset of the Cold War.
Protectionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia :lol:

Indeed, the guy who avoids posting evidence likes it's death should probably be the first guy to laugh at a truthful link from wiki!

:lol:

If I can get a midget to make fun of how tall I am and a homeless dude to make fun of my annual income we may very well have the Trifecta of Hilarious Shit come together like Voltron.

Forum List

Back