Shock: Mccain Campaign Volunteer Attacked And Mutilated In Pittsburgh

Conservatives want to hold on to the present (past). Liberals want change.

The American Revolution wasn't started by conservatives.

I don't know if the claim is true or not. Anyway, it is wrong for anyone to physically attack or even threaten another person. If this incident happened, then I am sorry that it happened. The victim should be greatly compensated and the attacker should be severely punished. How is that?

The Bill Of Rights in our Constitution . . . are ten liberal amendments. It was the liberals who made sure there was a definite separation of church and state in the USA after sordid experiences with the Catholic Inquisition, and later The Church of England.

Conservatives would have never started the American Revolution.

The conservatives of that time were the Tories who supported King George and the status quo in power, wealth and business.

It was the young liberals who wintered at Valley Forge and followed George Washington through years of suffering to ultimately win our freedom in the American Revolution . . . not conservatives.

Even Abraham Lincoln, the founder of the Republican Party, was a liberal. Most people forget that Democrats of the time were the conservatives when Lincoln was elected. Southern conservatives wanted to protect their huge agribusiness holdings (slaves) as property.

Lincoln was the liberal who wanted to free the slaves.

Progressives.

Who gave women the right to vote, freed blacks, had the balls to fuck with mother England, educate the masses, etc?

Thomas Jefferson's election as president in the "Revolution of 1800," overthrowing the conservative, centralizing Federalist party, seemed to augur well for what most Virginians favored -- liberal, limited, and cheap government in a physically expanding nation. But, by the time of Jefferson's death -- portentously on July 4, 1826, fifty years to the day -- raucous democracy was replacing genteel republicanism. Public spiritedness -- Jefferson called it virtue -- was giving way to narrow individualism and materialism. And the Virginia Dynasty was about to be displaced by a succession of "log cabin" presidents.

Becoming Americans - The Story of Virginia

Anyone that says Lincoln was a Republican and therefore a Conservative doesn't know history.
You are confused as to how the definition of liberalism and conservatism has changed over the past 250 years. This is expected, as contemporary liberals tend to think of things as static; zero sum gain.

Contemporary conservatives want the federal government to restrict itself to the enumerated policies listed in the Constitution. Lincoln was heavily influenced by the Radical Republicans who fought for the ideals of the Declaration of Independence. The Republican Party is responsible for the Civil Rights Acts, all five of which were opposed by the Democrat Party, the bastion of contemporary liberals.

These are facts; self evident, and cannot be denied. :D

the story is true, i saw it on CNN this morning. but what does this have to do with Obama? there are crazy supporters out there just like there are crazy McCain supporters out there.

You are confused as to how the definition of liberalism and conservatism has changed over the past 250 years. This is expected, as contemporary liberals tend to think of things as static; zero sum gain.

The Republican Party is responsible for the Civil Rights Acts, all five of which were opposed by the Democrat Party, the bastion of contemporary liberals.

:D

How can you say the first thing about us and then do the very same thing you accuse us of in your last comment? :clap2: Classic Republican spin. YOU need to learn that the GOP has come a long way from the days they were responsible for civil rights. It's called the Southern Strategy. Also wiki the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927. The Republicans shit on blacks EXACTLY how they shit on them after Katrina.

Last edited:
Damn.

This is all too "Susan Smith" for me. I never believed her either, and for the same reason -- the crazy look in her eyes. My gut is just telling me that this woman carved the B in her own face.

If I had to choose I'd rather this have been done by the robber, but I just don't think so. When this comes out the left is going to have a field day smearing the right with it.

This just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Pleeeeeeeze let me be wrong.....Pleeeeeeeeze :eusa_pray:

I think if she were to carve it into her own face it would at least face the right direction.

And I agree that if this had happened between a black Obama supporter and a white culprit than things would be drastically different. Reverse discrimination doesn't make things any better.

It pisses me off more that this guy would associate Obama with his crime...it makes the Democrats look bad for something they had no control over. People should look at this story and sympathize with the victim whose freedom of speech was violated physically. People MUST also realize that this crime in no shape or form represents the Democratic Party or Obama.

the story is true, i saw it on CNN this morning. but what does this have to do with Obama? there are crazy supporters out there just like there are crazy McCain supporters out there.

Man who took hostages at Hillary Clinton campaign office pleads guilty; gets 3 years in jail

Man who took hostages at Hillary Clinton campaign office pleads guilty; gets 3 years in jail

Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views

How can you say the first thing about us and then do the very same thing you accuse us of in your last comment? :clap2: Classic Republican spin. YOU need to learn that the GOP has come a long way from the days they were responsible for civil rights. It's called the Southern Strategy. Also wiki the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927. The Republicans shit on blacks EXACTLY how they shit on them after Katrina.

I'm not surprised that you deny the undeniable. :cuckoo:

Women and blacks always had the right to vote. Liberals just made sure it stopped being taken away from them.

Actually that is entirely false.

When the the 13th Amendment was signed which abolished slavery the Republican Party was the party of the North and the Democratic Party was the conservative party in the south- their party platform was to disenfranchise African Americans and Women. In fact, minorities did NOT have the right to vote; the 14th Amendment of equal protection under the law did not pertain to women and colored people with such acts like the Chinese Exclusion Act. It was after the 15th Amendment was passed, the Supreme Court ruled that the Texas Democratic Party's primary which barred African American citizens from voting was unconstitutional in the Smith Vs. Alwright Case.

In fact it wasn't until after woman's suffrage post 1920's and the passing of the 19th Amendment (and overruling of Minor Vs. Happersette) that the Republican and Democratice party switched positions. It was during the Civil Rights Movement when liberals became Democrats and vice versa.

Just the facts

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKUovpF9LWU]YouTube - More Racism at a Palin Rally in PA[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgv992NZs0]YouTube - Racist McCain Palin Supporters[/ame]

I'm not surprised that you deny the undeniable. :cuckoo:

There you go again, projecting on me. The Republican party was the liberal party back then.

Republicans used to also be anti war. Correct? They didn't even want to get into WW2.

I was reading about Lincoln and look what I found:

Other important legislation involved economic matters, including the first income tax and higher tariffs.

So Lincoln is to blame for the income tax and tariffs? Therefore that is true of Republicans today. Must be, right?

There you go again, projecting on me. The Republican party was the liberal party back then.

Republicans used to also be anti war. Correct? They didn't even want to get into WW2.

Other important legislation involved economic matters, including the first income tax and higher tariffs.

So Lincoln is to blame for the income tax and tariffs? Therefore that is true of Republicans today. Must be, right?

smith vs. alwright

Actually that is entirely false.

When the the 13th Amendment was signed which abolished slavery the Republican Party was the party of the North and the Democratic Party was the conservative party in the south- their party platform was to disenfranchise African Americans and Women. In fact, minorities did NOT have the right to vote; the 14th Amendment of equal protection under the law did not pertain to women and colored people with such acts like the Chinese Exclusion Act. It was after the 15th Amendment was passed, the Supreme Court ruled that the Texas Democratic Party's primary which barred African American citizens from voting was unconstitutional in the Smith Vs. Alwright Case.

In fact it wasn't until after woman's suffrage post 1920's and the passing of the 19th Amendment (and overruling of Minor Vs. Happersette) that the Republican and Democratice party switched positions. It was during the Civil Rights Movement when liberals became Democrats and vice versa.

Just the facts
You may interpret it however you want. My reading of the constitution is that we enjoy all rights until the government takes them away from us. Just because we started taking rights away immediately doesn't mean the rights didn't exist.

Yes they were small L liberal. That's why they were called the Radical Republicans. They fought for the ideals of the Revolution as I stated earlier. Contrast that with big L Contemporary Liberals who want to increase the size and scope of government, restrict freedom of speech, screw property rights and take away our right to self-defense.

Everyone who is sane is anti-war. The Republicans prior to WW2 were isolationists, preferring to let Europe rot, as I do today.

Lincoln's taxes were to raise funds to fight the Civil Way. FDR's were for WW2. What's your point with that?

The story is true insomuch as the woman claims she was attacked, yes. The police are still investigating her claims that she was attacked because the robber saw a mccain/palin sticker on her car.

My question, when you go to the ATM and are standing there, how does anyone know for sure which car is yours? and if his purpose was to rob her why would he take the time to read a bumper sticker and then comment and attack her based on that?

the entire senerio flys in the face of logic IMO.

Forum List

Back