Sgt. Seavy makes Murtha and Moran crap their pants

Jimmyeatworld

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2004
America
These are the comments of Sgt. Mark Seavy to Congressmen John Murtha and James Moran Jr. at a "Town Hall Forum" in Arlington, Virginia.

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/004016.html

"Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

"Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn't have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

"And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn't come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That's reprehensible. I don't know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high."

Moran - who is one of the few congressmen supporting Charlie Rangel's call to restore the draft - responded quickly: "That wasn't in the form of a question, it was in the form of a statement. But, uhh... let's go over here." And he took the next question.

I happened to catch it last night. Michelle Malkin has the video, and if you haven't seen it I recommend giving it a look.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004240.htm

Jimmyeatworld said:
These are the comments of Sgt. Mark Seavy to Congressmen John Murtha and James Moran Jr. at a "Town Hall Forum" in Arlington, Virginia.

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/004016.html

"Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

"Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn't have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

"And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn't come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That's reprehensible. I don't know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high."

Moran - who is one of the few congressmen supporting Charlie Rangel's call to restore the draft - responded quickly: "That wasn't in the form of a question, it was in the form of a statement. But, uhh... let's go over here." And he took the next question.

I happened to catch it last night. Michelle Malkin has the video, and if you haven't seen it I recommend giving it a look.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004240.htm

Nicely ignored by the MSM and deftly diverted by Moran. What a bunch of sleazeballs!

although I am not going to bash Murtha...only because he was there and did that!...Everyone who served in combat comes out with a different perspective...Murtha fought for his right to free speech as did Sgt.Seavy..although I must admit I am in Sgt.Seavy's corner on this one...being that I was both enlisted as well as commissioned!

archangel said:
although I am not going to bash Murtha...only because he was there and did that!...Everyone who served in combat comes out with a different perspective...Murtha fought for his right to free speech as did Sgt.Seavy..although I must admit I am in Sgt.Seavy's corner on this one...being that I was both enlisted as well as commissioned!

Disagreeing with Congressmen Murtha's political stance is an indictment of neither his service to this Nation as a Marine, nor his exercising his Constitutional Rights.

All public figures are subject to the scrutiny of their constituents. Murtha is not exempt from this for what he is doing now simply for past service in the military. I respect his right to have and voice his opinion. I do NOT respect his opinion in and of itself.

He demands we withdraw US troops NOW; which, is tactical suicide for this Nation, and tactical suicide for the current Administration and the GOP; the latter being the focal point of this effort by the left without regard to the consequences the former will bring.

GunnyL said:
Disagreeing with Congressmen Murtha's political stance is an indictment of neither his service to this Nation as a Marine, nor his exercising his Constitutional Rights.

All public figures are subject to the scrutiny of their constituents. Murtha is not exempt from this for what he is doing now simply for past service in the military. I respect his right to have and voice his opinion. I do NOT respect his opinion in and of itself.

He demands we withdraw US troops NOW; which, is tactical suicide for this Nation, and tactical suicide for the current Administration and the GOP; the latter being the focal point of this effort by the left without regard to the consequences the former will bring.

Well I do not disagree with your analysis on this subject...sure congressional Reps are subject to their follies while in office...all I said is I chose not to bash his free speech...even though I disagree wholeheartedly with his perceived end result of war and the casualties therefrom....I only gave respect where respect was due....thats all gunny...take a deep breath and exhale now!

archangel said:
Well I do not disagree with your analysis on this subject...sure congressional Reps are subject to their follies while in office...all I said is I chose not to bash his free speech...even though I disagree wholeheartedly with his perceived end result of war and the casualties therefrom....I only gave respect where respect was due....thats all gunny...take a deep breath and exhale now!

I often wonder why people come up with the "I have a right to free speech" statment when they are challenged for the CONTENT of their speech.

I have NEVER heard anyone tell these people they dont have the right to speak or should be arrested or censored.

Those two pigs also clapped for the SGT because they knew the cameras were on. WTF is that???

LuvRPgrl said:
I often wonder why people come up with the "I have a right to free speech" statment when they are challenged for the CONTENT of their speech.

I have NEVER heard anyone tell these people they dont have the right to speak or should be arrested or censored.

Those two pigs also clapped for the SGT because they knew the cameras were on. WTF is that???

embarrassment maybe..or they saw the writing on the political wall! Still I'm not going to call Murtha a pig...the other..maybe!

GunnyL said:

Well, there's certainly precedent for it. The left wants - needs - so BADLY for the WOT to be "Another Vietnam", for a couple of reasons. First, Vietnam and Watergate take them back to their heady glory days. Second, though - and, even more pathetically - those two events represent to liberalism it's template for success; it's proven path to power. In their secret hearts, Democrats must know that they have nothing to offer the American people. So, they go with the only game plan they know.

Plucky, crusading journalists will work tirelessly to bring down an evil president, and his awful, unjust war with him. A newly enlightened, grateful American public will sweep the left into power, never giving another moment's thought to whatever the "cause" was, or to the consequences of abandoning it outright. Those are just sketchy, blurry details; the murdered allies whose most grievous error - they've learned too late - was trusting us to keep our word; the newly heightened, and only very temporarily deferred danger to ourselves; these are mere trifles, for the truly vital end has been achieved: liberalism has acquired it's power.

It was in this lunatic pursuit of power that Dan Rather dashed himself to pieces; the rest of the left - lemming-like - seems determined to follow him over the same cliff. I wish them Godspeed.

archangel said:

My breathing is fine. I am disgusted with the right falling right into line with letting the left dictate the game. The left perpetuates the fallacy that criticising Murtha for his current actions as an idiot, puppet Congressman is somehow and indictment of his past service.

The right is stumbling all over itself to ensure they don't offend Murtha while the MSM waits with baited breath to misconstrue ANY criticism as some kind of unpatriotic indictment of some who honorably served his country. He's basically had carte blanche to say what he wants without suffering the political scrutiny that normally accompanies such screwball ideology.

Well, screw THAT. His partisan-driven "defeat at any cost" message NOW is stupid and cowardly. Has nothing to do with what he did in the past.

Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald ALSO served honorably in the Corps. Does that lessen the severity of their subsequent actions?

GunnyL said:
My breathing is fine. I am disgusted with the right falling right into line with letting the left dictate the game. The left perpetuates the fallacy that criticising Murtha for his current actions as an idiot, puppet Congressman is somehow and indictment of his past service.

The right is stumbling all over itself to ensure they don't offend Murtha while the MSM waits with baited breath to misconstrue ANY criticism as some kind of unpatriotic indictment of some who honorably served his country. He's basically had carte blanche to say what he wants without suffering the political scrutiny that normally accompanies such screwball ideology.

Well, screw THAT. His partisan-driven "defeat at any cost" message NOW is stupid and cowardly. Has nothing to do with what he did in the past.

Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald ALSO served honorably in the Corps. Does that lessen the severity of their subsequent actions?

You criticize both the MSM and the repubs, for allowing Murtha to get away with this crap, and the repubs for allowing it, basicallly. But if the MSM attacks any repub who tries to expose him, its death for them. Dont forget, for many politicians, this is their only livlihood.
The fault lies firmly in the lap of the MSM. As illustrated by all the attention Murtha got, yet a senator from Texas, I even forgot his name, Iheard him interviewed on Laura Ingraham, was also a decorated war vet, Vietnam and Korea, and he TOTALLY SPOKE OUT AGAINST MURTHA that same very day, at the very same platform, in front of the very same people, YET THE MSM didnt show one single clip of him.

And you are right, just because a person served honorably, doesnt give them carte blance. In fact, I find it disgusting when they hide behind that to further their current agendas.

GunnyL said:

Sgt.Seavy criticized both of them without resorting to name calling...in other words he did not fall into the "Liberal Trap" of using words such as neocon-strawman etc...thats all... :usa:

I agree that Mr. Murtha deserves a certain amount of respect for serving. This is also the reason he deserves disrespect for what he is saying and doing now. The fact that he has been there and done that shows that he should know what he is saying and doing is not only stupid but dangerous.

Luckily, the men and women that are serving over there are strong willed and know better than to think the majority of Americans think like him, much less believe him. Yeah, Murtha has freedom of speech like everyone else, but I loved seeing that "oh shit" look on his face as Sgt. Seavy exercised his freedom of speech.

Links at site:

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/004050.html

Trojan Horse?
Greyhawk

Former representative Don Bailey (D-Pa.) has apparently broken ranks and attacked the war record of fellow Democrat John Murtha:

In a conversation on the House floor in the early 1980s, said Bailey, who won a Silver Star and three Bronze Stars in Vietnam, Murtha told him he did not deserve his Purple Hearts. He recalled Murtha saying: "Hey, I didn't do anything like you did. I got a little scratch on the cheek." Murtha's spokeswoman would not address that account.

Bailey, who lost a House race to Murtha after a 1982 redistricting, said "Jack's a coward, and he's a liar" for subsequently denying the conversation. "That just really burned me," he said.

The story was picked up by CNS, a conservative web site. In their report they also cited excerpts from The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2002, and several quotes from political opponents in the 1990s that raised questions regarding Murtha's record.

But the quote used above comes from a Washington Post article that confirms many of the accusations in the CNS story. But before Murtha's political opponents begin jumping for joy, they had best take a close look at how the Post is spinning the story of blue on blue warfare:

Web Site Attacks Critic of War
Opponents Question Murtha's Medals

Rep. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.), the former Marine who is an outspoken critic of the war in Iraq, has become the latest Democrat to have his Vietnam War decorations questioned.

In a tactic reminiscent of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth assault on Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) during the 2004 presidential campaign, a conservative Web site yesterday quoted Murtha opponents as questioning the circumstances surrounding the awarding of his two Purple Hearts.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts, they say. The Post dutifully notes the actual source of the accusations (Bailey) a few paragraphs into the piece, but leaves no doubt where this story is headed:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said, "The Swift Boat-like attacks on an American hero, Congressman Jack Murtha, are despicable and have no place in politics."

Let me be clear: attacks on Murtha's Vietnam record are pointless. Murtha's latest statements against the success of US troops in Iraq speak for themselves; his current behavior renders his past insignificant. Democrats, grown tired of waiting for an attack on Murtha's war record from the Right, have created their own. He's painted as a victim now - of "right wing chickenhawk" contempt for real war heroes. But those serious about standing up to the current John Murtha would be well advised to let his fellow Democrats and the mainstream media keep this war "unilateral".

(Hat Tip: The Dawn Patrol)

Posted by Greyhawk at 03:37 PM

Kathianne said:

Funny how it's the web site that "attacked" Murtha.

Just another thing to tick me off. The fires here recently burned down my buddies parents house. His dad was in Vietnam, two tours of duty. He took home two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, and a few other medals. He lost them all in the fire. Since Murtha didn't deserve his, maybe I can write him and ask him to give them to someone that does.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Funny how it's the web site that "attacked" Murtha.

Just another thing to tick me off. The fires here recently burned down my buddies parents house. His dad was in Vietnam, two tours of duty. He took home two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, and a few other medals. He lost them all in the fire. Since Murtha didn't deserve his, maybe I can write him and ask him to give them to someone that does.

Yeah, MG has been on the side of libs and conservatives, as long as they were true to mil standards. Wonder what Murtha's take on that is? Same with Black5, though HE may be conservative, he has published a bunch of lib POV regarding the WOT.

Forum List

Back