sex on the first date

Would you continue dating/marry someone you had sex with on the first night?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
No. I told you I was 13 when I took my first lover. Look it up. Surely you don't think that women have to marry all their lovers, or even their first lover. I'm kind of amused at your idea that I married my first lover.

I'm surprised that you don't remember that because your post was "Where were your parents!"

Oh, like you carried a switch blade at 6 years old and beat up your teachers and parents and siblings? :lol: You are demented.
What is wrong with you? I have no siblings. Where did you make that up from?

Well you said something to that effect. You said that your parents were afraid of you because you were violent and wanted to rid themselves of you. So who were you threatening?
My parents were absolutely terrified of me. I threatened just about anyone that got close enough to thteaten. I was incredibly violent as a child. As a teen I was an out of control monster in training. My poor parents thought a man would settle me down. At least they wouldn't be responsible for me any longer in case I did something terrible.

In a strange way, they were right. A suitable lover was exactly what I needed. I chose the man personally.

I don't think so. You're parents should have been arrested for child abuse.

No, she should just have been locked in the mental ward where she belongs for the rest of her life. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in a straitjacket, in a padded cell with the door welded closed.

Oh, like you carried a switch blade at 6 years old and beat up your teachers and parents and siblings? :lol: You are demented.
What is wrong with you? I have no siblings. Where did you make that up from?

Well you said something to that effect. You said that your parents were afraid of you because you were violent and wanted to rid themselves of you. So who were you threatening?
My parents were absolutely terrified of me. I threatened just about anyone that got close enough to thteaten. I was incredibly violent as a child. As a teen I was an out of control monster in training. My poor parents thought a man would settle me down. At least they wouldn't be responsible for me any longer in case I did something terrible.

In a strange way, they were right. A suitable lover was exactly what I needed. I chose the man personally.

No, she should just have been locked in the mental ward where she belongs for the rest of her life. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in a straitjacket, in a padded cell with the door welded closed.

Yeah, if you believe all that bullshit. Personally, I think poster is a bullshitter.

They weren't.

I made my own decisions and lived my own life under my own direction. I did very well too.

You also should have been seeing a psychiatrist. You have some serious mental issues.
Oh. No doubt! I may have taken a lover at 13. But I never intended on keeping him. I was always going to throw him back. Just like I threw two husbands back in the pond. They were good for whatever I needed them for. But when I was done, I was done.

When someone asks if a person would marry someone they had sex with on the first date, the answer depends on who is playing who? For what? How good are they at playing?

Why can't you just like someone? A relationship isn't supposed to be about what you can get from the other person. It is supposed to be about WANTING to spend time and be with that particular person. You miss that person when he is not around. You think about him fondly. You would be terribly hurt if anything happened to him. You really don't want to spend time with anyone else. That is what love is.
Why can't you just like someone. Well gee, I've liked most of the guys I've dated. I liked two of them that I married. I would have been terribly hurt if something happened to them. I was upset when my last husband died.

Still, the primary purpose for a relationship to me is, what can I get. What kind of good can you do for me. When he can no longer meet the need I chose him for, he's done, out the door.

The difference between you and I is that you are a very nice woman who appreciates a good man in a loving relationship. Am I right?

I am a predator. I have always been a predator. Likely, I will die an old predator. I don't form relationships. I hunt prey. Sex is bait. It's always been bait. Nothing more. What can he do for me? What advantage can I get? Love is not nearly as satisfying as getting what I want. And once I get what I want, I simply don't love them any more. Like a housecat that catches a mouse and rips its head off. Then loses interest in the carcass.
See how different we really are?

You are a psychopath.

They weren't.

I made my own decisions and lived my own life under my own direction. I did very well too.

You also should have been seeing a psychiatrist. You have some serious mental issues.
Oh. No doubt! I may have taken a lover at 13. But I never intended on keeping him. I was always going to throw him back. Just like I threw two husbands back in the pond. They were good for whatever I needed them for. But when I was done, I was done.

When someone asks if a person would marry someone they had sex with on the first date, the answer depends on who is playing who? For what? How good are they at playing?

Why can't you just like someone? A relationship isn't supposed to be about what you can get from the other person. It is supposed to be about WANTING to spend time and be with that particular person. You miss that person when he is not around. You think about him fondly. You would be terribly hurt if anything happened to him. You really don't want to spend time with anyone else. That is what love is.
Why can't you just like someone. Well gee, I've liked most of the guys I've dated. I liked two of them that I married. I would have been terribly hurt if something happened to them. I was upset when my last husband died.

Still, the primary purpose for a relationship to me is, what can I get. What kind of good can you do for me. When he can no longer meet the need I chose him for, he's done, out the door.

The difference between you and I is that you are a very nice woman who appreciates a good man in a loving relationship. Am I right?

I am a predator. I have always been a predator. Likely, I will die an old predator. I don't form relationships. I hunt prey. Sex is bait. It's always been bait. Nothing more. What can he do for me? What advantage can I get? Love is not nearly as satisfying as getting what I want. And once I get what I want, I simply don't love them any more. Like a housecat that catches a mouse and rips its head off. Then loses interest in the carcass.
See how different we really are?

You are a psychopath.

If the stories are true, I would have to agree. :D

15 is still a child anyways. Fifteen year old girls are still children. So are 16-year-old girls. These are mentally and emotionally still children, like it or not.

16 is the legal age of consent in most states.

It's also the age that my grandmother got married.

Way too young, immature and selfish to be married at that age. Still just a child.
was it simple conspiracy and collusion? any clue and any Cause as to why the common law conforms to Nature instead of Nurture on this one?

15 is still a child anyways. Fifteen year old girls are still children. So are 16-year-old girls. These are mentally and emotionally still children, like it or not.

Way too young, immature and selfish to be married at that age. Still just a child.
was it simple conspiracy and collusion? any clue and any Cause as to why the common law conforms to Nature instead of Nurture on this one?

Stop quoting me, daniel. You are a psychopath too. Perhaps Tipsy would be interested in your . . . . sickness.

It lasted 40 years. For the next 40, the first and last things she did every day was touch their wedding portrait on her dresser. (The finish was actually rubbed off the top of the frame where she touched it.)

Would you continue dating/marry a significant other you had sex with on the first date?
Is used to be taboo, but people are slowly opening their minds to the most natural human act available.
Personally, it wouldn't bother me.

Overwhelming majority of my sexual relationships started with sex first meeting. We'd chatted online extensively prior so the relevance or importance these days about first face-to-face meetings is considerably less than in times past.

Though I'd also add the only woman I ever asked to marry me was the one who, it having gotten late I invited to sleep over in my queen-sized bed with me promising her I wouldn't lay a hand on her. And I didn't. She told me the next morning she was disappointed I didn't try anything. "I gave you my word. But it's morning now so if you wanna..." :) We had sex then. :)

It lasted 40 years. For the next 40, the first and last things she did every day was touch their wedding portrait on her dresser. (The finish was actually rubbed off the top of the frame where she touched it.)

Yes, well women didn't have a lot of options back in the old days. That doesn't mean that they were ready to be moms and wives at 15 or 16 years old.

Would you continue dating/marry a significant other you had sex with on the first date?
Is used to be taboo, but people are slowly opening their minds to the most natural human act available.

Overwhelming majority of my sexual relationships started with sex first meeting. We'd chatted online extensively prior so the relevance or importance these days about first face-to-face meetings is considerably less than in times past.

Though I'd also add the only woman I ever asked to marry me was the one who, it having gotten late I invited to sleep over in my queen-sized bed with me promising her I wouldn't lay a hand on her. And I didn't. She told me the next morning she was disappointed I didn't try anything. "I gave you my word. But it's morning now so if you wanna..." :) We had sex then. :)

I think that nowadays, sex on the first date is not unusual at all. In fact, it is expected sometimes.

I think that nowadays, sex on the first date is not unusual at all. In fact, it is expected sometimes.

I'd be reluctant to think of it as expected or obligatory so much as if after chatted and writing each other for some length of time things have gotten flirty and both wanna do stuff for real then that's what's going on. Otherwise why get together in person at all? :)

Think getting sex out of the way early in relationships is better than it coming about later on after you've both gotten emotionally invested in each other. If you're not sexually compatible but really dig one another it's just gonna hurt more or become a kind of giving-in to them even though the sex is horrible because you don't wanna hurt their feelings. Better then to find out if you are sexually compatible up front before the attachment forms.

I'd be reluctant to think of it as expected or obligatory so much as if after chatted and writing each other for some length of time things have gotten flirty and both wanna do stuff for real then that's what's going on. Otherwise why get together in person at all? :)

Well, I'm not talking about you. A lot of people do expect to have sex on the first date nowadays. It is the age of the "hookup."

This is more applicable to the younger generations, late teens and early twenties.

This is more applicable to the younger generations, late teens and early twenties.

Been here about 16 years now, have had (thinks) about half a dozen lovers in that time. All but the one I mentioned above were over 50. Like dem older womens what can I say. :) And we all had great sex first date. Best sex of my life in fact was with an older women who did something I'd never experienced before. ;) So I'd say it's more an older person thing than younger.

What I've been reading says the younger folks aren't having sex as much at all as their parents do or did. Course it might be what they consider sex doesn't include things like oral.

Been here about 16 years now, have had (thinks) about half a dozen lovers in that time. All but the one I mentioned above were over 50. Like dem older womens what can I say. :) And we all had great sex first date. Best sex of my life in fact was with an older women who did something I'd never experienced before. ;) So I'd say it's more an older person thing than younger.

What I've been reading says the younger folks aren't having sex as much at all as their parents do or did. Course it might be what they consider sex doesn't include things like oral.

What are you talking about? I am saying that sex on the first date is a young person, not an old person thing. It is common for young people to hook up nowadays with no expectations.

What are you talking about? I am saying that sex on the first date is a young person, not an old person thing. It is common for young people to hook up nowadays with no expectations.

Why Millennials have sex with fewer partners than their parents did

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/18/why-generation-y-less-sex

Study Find that Teens are Having Less Sex - The Millennial Legacy

3 sources from sequential years reporting the same trend.

In fact, if you asked some younger people about "dating", they would look at you as if you had 3 heads. A lot of times these younger people go out with large groups, get drunk, and go home with someone at the end of the night. I have a 20-year-old son, so I know all about this kind of stuff. He and I are very close and we talk about everything.

Forum List

Back