Looking for real exchange of ideas

oldsoul

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2015
Standing with Covington Kids
I am new to the forum, so maybe I am just missing it. Is there ANYWHERE that I can go to find a real exchange of ideas? I am looking for a place to exchange and debate ideas/issues that is relativly free from name calling, divisiveness and other "politics as usual" type behavior. Does this not exsist?

I am new to the forum, so maybe I am just missing it. Is there ANYWHERE that I can go to find a real exchange of ideas? I am looking for a place to exchange and debate ideas/issues that is relativly free from name calling, divisiveness and other "politics as usual" type behavior. Does this not exsist?

After the first 5-6 posts, they all seem to devolve into childish name calling.

Take a shot, but beware.

BTW Welcome a bored

Nowhere that I am aware of. Certainly not here. We're eaten up with Liberals on here who curse and rant and exhibit their sub-human behavior all the time.

No. If you have a position there is no where you can hide to keep from offending someone. The CDZ is probably the best but even then people deflect and get off topic.

Welcome to the site, Hoser. It does happen occasionally and fleetingly. You just have to navigate through the sharks, may have to put a bunch on Ignore. They'll tell you who they are.

No. If you have a position there is no where you can hide to keep from offending someone. The CDZ is probably the best but even then people deflect and get off topic.

But in Debate Now you get to be your own Moderator. Sorta.

If you have a wealth of patience the worst of the knobheads will flounce off after the 2016 elections.

Until then it's a wasteland.

The Community section is a nice refuge.

I'd be pleased to have a real exchange of ideas with you.

I do that quite often, until of course, somebody gets hostile, closed minded, or disrespectful about the ideas I express.

Having said that...it's rare on this site for opposing dialog to remain civil from beginning to end.

The closest you're going to get to this is the Clean Debate Zone. Unfortunately, it's not terribly active.

Otherwise, it's primarily personal insults, name-calling, and partisan ideology. Original thought? Not so much.

You can stumble into it here and there, though.

welcome to planet earth----soul. It all fell apart with the TOWER OF BABEL-----which,
interestingly enough---------was in Iraq (probably) Always remember-----ENTROPY

Forum List

Back