Severe Storms Plowing through Midwest, 2 Dead

I don't live far from Vilonia and Mayflower, where the worst damage was done. We went to help clean up, some homes completely leveled. I think it was awesome to see so many people volunteer to help!

We seem to be in a stretch of truly foul and atypical weather...in my 6 decades of life, I don't recall hurricanes like Sandy devastating My state..and the frequency of weather weirdness seems to be increasing.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
We seem to be in a stretch of truly foul and atypical weather...in my 6 decades of life, I don't recall hurricanes like Sandy devastating My state..and the frequency of weather weirdness seems to be increasing.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Sandy wasn't a hurricane. If it had not been for the super freezing air met by a tropical depression Sandy would have been a little bit of rain.

these massive flooding storms just prove that global warming is a myth. if the planet was warming up it wouldn't be raining so hard. lol.

all these severe killer storms just prove that fox was right all along about the global warming myth. if the globe was warming it wouldn't be raining so hard or so much.

A dangerous line of severe thunderstorms is moving through the midwest right now. A friend of mine of facebook has reported that a few of her friends have had their homes destroyed in central Arkansas. By Tuesday, that line of storms will be moving into the south.

Arkansas Doppler Weather Radar Map - AccuWeather.com

We had a few thunder storms here there week of August 11th through the 15th. We had thunder and lightening for a few days. One evening the storm had a lot of lightening and thunder. Everyone was out in their front yards watching the storm.

Our weather moves east across the nation. Unfortunately it gathers up more moisture and becomes worse as they move east.

We get our weather mostly from Hawaii but when a blast of cold air comes down from Alaska/Canada, it causes the electrical storms.

This thread has been made a temporary sticky at the suggestion of BDBOOP. Keep your posts relevant to the OP, no AGW or other political discussion in this thread, there are plenty of other places for those. I WILL be keeping an eye on this thread and keeping it clean for the duration.
Please explain temporary and duration. Does that mean forever? April, May, June, July and August have come and gone since this weather alert was first posted. If it's to be a sticky post forever, at least change the title of it to THE OFFICIAL CURRENT WEATHER ALERT THREAD.

Typical weather patterns after September but relatively colder than usual. Where is the cold air coming from? The opposite of global warming?

Forum List

Back