Severe Storms Plowing through Midwest, 2 Dead

I feel for those people. Today is the 3rd anniversary of the F5 tornado that destroyed so much of Tuscaloosa AL. My hometown is still recovering from that monster.

I feel for those people. Today is the 3rd anniversary of the F5 tornado that destroyed so much of Tuscaloosa AL. My hometown is still recovering from that monster.

Geeez. I remember that. It was so bad it had the sports commentators talking about it on during the ballgame that day. Stay safe out there.

Geeez. I remember that. It was so bad it had the sports commentators talking about it on during the ballgame that day. Stay safe out there.

It was horrible. Too many people died and the devastation was catastrophic.

But when I went to help my brother & nephew clean up the mess from both of their houses being destroyed, I was amazed at the community support. You couldn't go 20 mins without someone coming buy offering bottles of water and sandwiches.

Terri Saban said it was the first time she had ever seen her husband cancel practices. Coach Saban had the entire team out helping the community for a week. No one in town was uneffected.

My prayers for the people suffering today. Hopefully they will find the sliver of hope from the community outpouring that follows these disastors.

Angel said they set off the sirens in town, but it was a false alarm.

Just proves how nervous folk are since Joplin.

Better safe than sorry.

Storm front missed town...missed Springfield also.

[MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION], looks like that bloom west of Springdale/fayettevile is going to pass south of you...at least I hope so...be safe.

Angel said they set off the sirens in town, but it was a false alarm.

Just proves how nervous folk are since Joplin.

Better safe than sorry.

Storm front missed town...missed Springfield also.

I'm sure they are nervous. It seems like a justified use of the term Post Traumatic Shock.

1904080_851486644865509_4866687191924825732_n.jpg

Be safe, Templar. It's heading your way.

Best Timing: Expecting few showers and t-storms during the day Monday, but looking like the worst of the storms kickoff after midnight Monday night. The storms move into NW Georgia 12-3am / into the metro 4-8am / past Athens by 12-2pm Tuesday. Then few hit or miss showers and t-storms during the day. The cold front itself slides in by late Tuesday evening. Moves into NW GA by 9-11pm / through metro and falling apart by 12-2am early Wed. AM.

Read more: Prepare: Severe Weather Likely Mon-Tues #IMREADY - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5
Follow us: [MENTION=20744]Fox[/MENTION]5Atlanta on Twitter | FOX5Atlanta on Facebook

Yes, I'm quite well aware. I appreciate that Disir. I will be up during that time, and will be fully prepared to evacuate should things start going to hell in a handbasket.

We got a huge storm and actually saw a funnel cloud across the lake. It came and went quickly but it was scary. You don't know whether to run from window to window looking for his brother funnel cloud or gather up the critters and head for the shelter.

Needless to say, we gathered up critters first.

That's a real worry to us. The dog will come to us but the cats pick up on the stress we're feeling and POOF! they just disappear.

There was a pause in the storm and then it started up again, heavy rain and blowing. When we went to bed, it was raining and the sun is shining this morning.

Forum List

Back