The Basketball World Protests!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
In the aftermath of comments made by racist LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling, team members staged a silent protest today during their playoff game among nearly universal criticism of his words.

Z7FHxbu.jpg

The Los Angeles Clippers players have shown they stand together but seemingly apart from team owner Donald Sterling.

In an apparent act of protest against racist remarks attributed to Sterling, Clippers players warmed up for their playoff game on Sunday afternoon against the Golden State Warriors with their red T-shirts worn inside out to obscure any team logo.

"We're going to be one, everything we do, we do it together," Clippers point guard Chris Paul told Arash Markazi of ESPN Los Angeles. "Stay together, play ball."

Meanwhile, the NBA is rightfully investigating the incident.

And, in other news, the NAACP has decided not to award Sterling it's Lifetime Achievement Award.

I'm sure the KKK will reciprocate by awarding him theirs.

The President speaks.

President Barack Obama says he’s “confident” the NBA will address and resolve the controversy surrounding the “incredibly offensive racist statements” attributed to Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.
“The owner is reported to have said some incredibly offensive racist statements that were published. I don’t think I have to interpret those statements for you; they kind of speak for themselves,” Obama said at a news conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on Sunday.

“When people — when ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don’t really have to do anything, you just let them talk. And that’s what happened here.”

The NBA is investigating. What is there to investigate. There isn't much they can do.

My guess is that the NBA can suspend him from the league for the remainder of the year and all of next year.

If he owns the team outright or controlling interest can the league force him to sell? I don't think so.

I'm betting there is a way to get him out. The NBA's attorneys have attorneys. Pretty sure there is some clause in the contract that they can get him on fi they are serious about getting rid of him. If you own a McDonalds franchise you cannot put the parent corp at risk with your behavior.

The President speaks.

President Barack Obama says he’s “confident” the NBA will address and resolve the controversy surrounding the “incredibly offensive racist statements” attributed to Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.
“The owner is reported to have said some incredibly offensive racist statements that were published. I don’t think I have to interpret those statements for you; they kind of speak for themselves,” Obama said at a news conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on Sunday.

“When people — when ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don’t really have to do anything, you just let them talk. And that’s what happened here.”

It gives me a warm feeling all over, knowing that the Chief Racist Executive commented on Sterling's racist remarks.

Not HIS past racist remarks, mind you, but the racist remarks of an old mindless white man.

What did he say? I heard some in passing and what I got from what I heard was a that he asked his girl friend not to bring her black lovers to his games. He felt it held him up to ridicule. How was that racist? If there is more to it than that, let me know.

I personally think that he should use some of that money of his to buy himself some self respect and tell her to hit the road. And any old man that has a young girl friend should know her interest is his money not him; for the most part anyway there might be some exceptions.

Last edited:
The NBA is investigating. What is there to investigate. There isn't much they can do.

You must specialize in franchise law. What makes you think they cant do something?

No I never did any franchise law but the idea that he could lose the franchise over an opinion doesn't seem strange to you? Can your car be repossessed due to an unpopular opinion?

The man is a major democrat donor. They won't want to lose that. He will apologize, go for some nonsense counseling and all will go on as if nothing happened.

He is just another hateful liberal.

Who are you talking about? If it is me, I am no liberal; there are some moderates. And I can still see nothing racist in what the guy said. Perhaps I am missing something in context.

You must specialize in franchise law. What makes you think they cant do something?

No I never did any franchise law but the idea that he could lose the franchise over an opinion doesn't seem strange to you? Can your car be repossessed due to an unpopular opinion?

The man is a major democrat donor. They won't want to lose that. He will apologize, go for some nonsense counseling and all will go on as if nothing happened.

Your analogy doesnt make sense. My car is not a franchise business. Unfortunately that may well be what ends up happening. However, his team will no longer be a destination for the superstars who have a choice in where they go in the NBA.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcPeVOhudVg]Jay Z's Necklace Sparks Racist Controversy - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back