Severe Storms Plowing through Midwest, 2 Dead

Not really..When I was a kid about 12 I would get on top of the roof and take pics of tornadoes. That's when I had a passion to be a photojournalist...On that one day there were 27 funnels clouds and twisters sighted in OKC alone..I believe that was the year Yukon, OK was wiped out, and one tornado hit by my Grandparents house on 32 and May Ave. My Grandfather waited so long when he was running to the shelter a 2x4 hit him in the head and he sleep through the tornado..
When the last big tornado hit Joplin, Mo. There was a tornado spotted about 7 miles away, so my son and I grabbed the camera and set of, all we got was golf ball size hail, I was on the wrong side of the storm..

I live in the hills, and they say that tornadoes become stronger with trees and hills, but I have lived here since Sept 11, 2001 and have yet to have one hit my place..

Last edited:
All you people in the south and MidWest get your ridin' boots on, it's a comin', and this afternoon ought to be a good buckin' bronc of a weather storm..

There was a bad one in Tupelo MS, and reports of tornado damages in Athens AL.

I'm in a suburb of Atlanta waiting for it.

First Mayflower gets a keystone pipeline oil spill and now this. Not to mention that the governor of AR, a filthy democrat, helped keep a lid on the entire event over a year ago. Poor bastards.

People are losing everything they have, and some are losing their lives. Is this really the place for political commentary?

Try living thru the devastation these storms leave in their wake. Then tell us whether being a democrat, republican, or lunatic makes any difference whatsoever.

God's to too happy with the red states, huh?

People are losing everything they have, and some are losing their lives. Is this really the place for this kind of commentary?

Try living thru the devastation these storms leave in their wake. Then tell us whether being a democrat, republican, or lunatic makes any difference whatsoever.

First Mayflower gets a keystone pipeline oil spill and now this. Not to mention that the governor of AR, a filthy democrat, helped keep a lid on the entire event over a year ago. Poor bastards.

People are losing everything they have, and some are losing their lives. Is this really the place for political commentary?

I've lived through a tornado. Not a killer tornado, no loss of life. Significant loss of other people's property, 30% of my town's mature trees, and no power for four days.

I cannot even fathom what these people are going through. Nor can I fathom what special kind of stupid it takes to try to make this partisan.

I've lived through a tornado. Not a killer tornado, no loss of life. Significant loss of other people's property, 30% of my town's mature trees, and no power for four days.

I cannot even fathom what these people are going through. Nor can I fathom what special kind of stupid it takes to try to make this partisan.

It is impossible to describe the devastation these storms can bring.

Right now I am hoping to hear from my nephew and a list of friends. They were in the path and I have not heard from any of them.

Forgive me if I am a bit testy with those who wish to make political hay out of these disastors when they are still going on.

Oh, not at all. The thread OP is down in GA, and several of our members live in that south and southeast.

It's not over. Today will bring more storms.

Sorry! I thought you were in AL until you posted. Edited to change OP state.

Last edited:

It is impossible to describe the devastation these storms can bring.

Right now I am hoping to hear from my nephew and a list of friends. They were in the path and I have not heard from any of them.

Forgive me if I am a bit testy with those who wish to make political hay out of these disasters when they are still going on.

Oh no!!! I hope they are all okay. We are all praying for you, my friend.

Forgive me if I am a bit testy with those who wish to make political hay out of these disasters when they are still going on.

Believe me, I know how you feel.

Oh, not at all. The thread OP is down in AL, and several of our members live in that south and southeast.

It's not over. Today will bring more storms.

I hope the OP poster came thru it ok. Hopefully we will have no more fatalities. It is bad enough to lose your home and possessions.

When the F5 hit Tuscaloosa 3 years ago, the saddest thing I saw was a quick interview on a tv news show. There was an older woman walking away from Alberta City (a poorer section of town) with two grocery type bags of her belongings. The reporter asked where she was going. The lady replied "West". She had lost everything except what she carried and had no place to go except a direction. That sort of thing makes our political debates pale by comparison.

I have no problem bashing a party or politician for the way an aftermath is handled. But at least wait until we know who survived before the snarky comments come rolling in.

People are losing everything they have, and some are losing their lives. Is this really the place for this kind of commentary?

Yeah. Keep it classy folks. This is neither the time nor the place for that garbage. If people wish to start a global warming thread, or a "God's Wrath on The Southern States" thread, be my guest. Otherwise, would it hurt to show some sort of reverence for the those who have lost their homes and/or loved ones in the maelstrom?

Yeah. Keep it classy folks. This is neither the time nor the place for that garbage. If people wish to start a global warming thread, or a "God's Wrath on The Southern States" thread, be my guest. Otherwise, would it hurt to show some sort of reverence for the those who have lost their homes and/or loved ones in the maelstrom?

This.

And for the record, the storms were no longer severe when they reached my neck of the woods, or Athens, GA. Just a few flashes of lightning and thunder, then POOF, gone. Though, we're not out of it yet. More storms on the way.

Our neighborhood was hit by an EF1 in 2011. Knocked a tree over onto someone's house across the street from mine, power was out for 48 hours. Suffice it to say, the last major tornado to hit this area was an EF3, in 1972. Let's keep that streak alive!

Oh, and may I suggest that people who live in storm prone areas like I do get a NOAA weather radio? It could save your life.

Last edited:
And for the record, the storms were no longer severe when they reached my neck of the woods, or Athens, GA. Just a few flashes of lightning and thunder, then POOF, gone. Though, we're not out of it yet. More storms on the way.

Our neighborhood was hit by an EF1 in 2011. Knocked a tree over onto someone's house across the street from mine, power was out for 48 hours. Suffice it to say, the last major tornado to hit this area was an EF3, in 1972. Let's keep that streak alive!

Oh, and may I suggest that people who live in storm prone areas like I do get a NOAA weather radio? It could save your life.

I don't want to panic you, but it's not over yet.

I don't want to panic you, but it's not over yet.

Oh, and you would be right. I'm not letting my guard down. Not one iota.

Near Louisville, MS where a nursing home was affected. Don't know the extent of the damage there.

3a0825b3cf8f1280cd6bbd479784e157.jpg

Forum List

Back