Seriously people, can we get beyond Rush?

Yep, and while I thought his comments were out of bounds the market reacted and the situation solved itself. Now his audience is doubled.

We are free for a reason.

Do you guys see a thread everytime Maher says something stupid? Obviously not or this board would never be anything but a Maher discussion.

It's just so trivial when we have such serious challenges.

I think the attention has been earned because the event has triggered a response from a varied set of perspectives regarding reproductive rights, insurance benefits, media influence, the first amendment, a women's sexual preferences and behaviours, political positioning, educational costs...many hot button issues each worthy of discussion.

All of which pale in comparison to our REAL problems.

Oddly enough NONE OF THIS was an issue before Obama made it one.

Carry on.

And the republicans fell for it hook, line and sinker. On Feb 13th Andrew Sullivan wrote that Obama would sucker the right into screwing up their initial win on this issue and he was spot on.

and the world can rest easy.

sfc toolie will fight for the constitution.

but everyone has to stand for the pledge of allegiance.

negged if possible

My money says he goes into the ring unopposed and knocks himself out in three rounds.:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if he is lucky, he will find a child who is not standing during the pledge of allegiance.

then he can let loose.

to knock himself out.

what a disgusting phony person.

Are you smart enough to know that most of the people on this board know that I am not a phony? Do you also realize how ignorant you make yourself seem to be? My bet is no you don't. But you just keep on focusing on me, it will give the rest of the board a break.

The man makes 50+ million a year. A few advertisers lost is a drop in the bucket. It won't slow him down. In fact I bet his ratings will go up. And even if it was the beginning of the end for him it wouldn't matter as the void would be filled by someone else.

Point is he has no power. He doesn't make policy. He is a damn pundit. Like him or hate him it really makes no difference overall. This controversy will be long forgotten by election day. But gas may still be high. We may be involved in another military action. UE is still to high. The economy is still slugging along.

This story is a pimple on a 15 year old. Get over it. If you're on the left and this is all you got you're in big trouble come November. If you're on the right and you're obsessed with this you need a fucking hobby. It's his opinion, who cares?

Ps. I do see the irony but it needed to be said.

He has power because IDIOTS are too stupid to find the facts for themselves. Everyone at work today thought he had quoted Fluke. How surprised to learn he had not and that what he claimed was the issue was not even the issue!

People, of both political stripes, are too lazy to read an entire transcript, article or listen to testimony.

My money says he goes into the ring unopposed and knocks himself out in three rounds.:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if he is lucky, he will find a child who is not standing during the pledge of allegiance.

then he can let loose.

to knock himself out.

Are you smart enough to know that most of the people on this board know that I am not a phony? Do you also realize how ignorant you make yourself seem to be? My bet is no you don't. But you just keep on focusing on me, it will give the rest of the board a break.

Ollie Ollie All Come Free is a real live bonufied Hee Row!!! Any minute now he's gonna throw himself on his laptop for the team...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am sorry you feel that way Gramps.

You know the saying we have two ears and one mouth so that we may listen twice as much as we speak? We'd benefit alot from this application.

I'm sorry you believe the crap you're being fed. None of this matters. Before obamacare contraception wasn't an issue. Know why? Because it wasn't broken. Now like many other things the politicians have created a mess just to make it look like they're cleaning something up.

Womens sexuality, reproductive rights and birth control have always been issue and shame on you for not recognizing this fact.

Lawful abortions have been the law of the land for many years. Minus some little skirmishes around the edge of that topic the rest of this is a made up pile of doodoo.

I respect women. Doesn't mean I have to agree with some issues.

then he can let loose.

to knock himself out.

i don't give a fuck about your "people on this board" you are trying to cite as witnesses to your non-phoniness.

your posts plainly mark you as phony, actually worse than that.

you will get over the negs, i promise.

The man makes 50+ million a year. A few advertisers lost is a drop in the bucket. It won't slow him down. In fact I bet his ratings will go up. And even if it was the beginning of the end for him it wouldn't matter as the void would be filled by someone else.

Point is he has no power. He doesn't make policy. He is a damn pundit. Like him or hate him it really makes no difference overall. This controversy will be long forgotten by election day. But gas may still be high. We may be involved in another military action. UE is still to high. The economy is still slugging along.

This story is a pimple on a 15 year old. Get over it. If you're on the left and this is all you got you're in big trouble come November. If you're on the right and you're obsessed with this you need a fucking hobby. It's his opinion, who cares?

He has power because IDIOTS are too stupid to find the facts for themselves. Everyone at work today thought he had quoted Fluke. How surprised to learn he had not and that what he claimed was the issue was not even the issue!

Well believe it or not I don't listen to him. I hear soundbites but that's about it. I work in my clients homes and I don't allow talk radio on the job. And the only music allowed is catered to what I think the client will tolerate if they hear it.

Having said that I simply don't care. I heard the replays that night and I think he took the absurd request from the woman to its logically absurd extreme. I do respect your contacting your congress person.

The sad truth is that for all of the bluster; the GOP is scared of Limbaugh. Which is the only reason why it matters.

then he can let loose.

to knock himself out.

Ollie Ollie All Come Free is a real live bonufied Hee Row!!! Any minute now he's gonna throw himself on his laptop for the team...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thought you were smarter than that, but then it's not the first time I've been wrong about someone. Please carry on........

Well believe it or not I don't listen to him. I hear soundbites but that's about it. I work in my clients homes and I don't allow talk radio on the job. And the only music allowed is catered to what I think the client will tolerate if they hear it.

Having said that I simply don't care. I heard the replays that night and I think he took the absurd request from the woman to its logically absurd extreme. I do respect your contacting your congress person.

What absurd request?

And...what the fuck does "logically absurd" mean?

What absurd request?

And...what the fuck does "logically absurd" mean?

Requesting that congress FORCE private insurance companies to provide an elective procedure or product. Can we force congress to make my provider pay for a face lift when I turn 60?

Absurd

Womens sexuality, reproductive rights and birth control have always been issue and shame on you for not recognizing this fact.

Lawful abortions have been the law of the land for many years. Minus some little skirmishes around the edge of that topic the rest of this is a made up pile of doodoo.

I respect women. Doesn't mean I have to agree with some issues.

Than why is abortion a platform issue for candidates? Asked about during debates?

can we get beyond Rush?

No.

Its time this toxic, one man hate group had to pay for the poison he spews.

Just as its time for the damn pubs to have to face the consequence of their words and actions.

Thought you were smarter than that, but then it's not the first time I've been wrong about someone. Please carry on........

That wasn't smart.... It was funny! PHUCK!!! Ollie!!! do I hafta explain EVERYTHING to you?????

And the republicans fell for it hook, line and sinker. On Feb 13th Andrew Sullivan wrote that Obama would sucker the right into screwing up their initial win on this issue and he was spot on.

But some Republicans and conservative Catholics have already rejected the compromise. They have declared it to be just as inimical to religious freedom as church organizations being forced to pay for their employees’ contraception. Before the compromise, the spokesman for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops went even further, arguing that entirely secular corporations, if owned or run by faithful Catholics, should be able to exclude contraception from their employees’ health-insurance coverage. “If I quit this job and opened a Taco Bell,” he declared, “I’d be covered by the mandate.” And even that would be unacceptable.

So Catholic doctrine should, according to the bishops’ spokesman, also apply to non-Catholics—even if they are merely selling burritos.

This kind of rhetoric is not about protecting religious freedom. It is about imposing a particular religious doctrine on those who don’t share it as a condition for general employment utterly unrelated to religion at all. And if that is the hill the Catholic hierarchy and evangelical right want to fight and die on, they will lose—and lose badly.

^^^^^^^^^^

That's from the article in question. I recommend certain people who will go nameless [*cough*CaliGirl*cough*] go read the whole thing. Sullivan was pretty much spot on.

Andrew Sullivan: How Obama Set a Contraception Trap for the Right - The Daily Beast

LOL. Let the wingnuts spew about rubbers and birth control. The economy is improving, the market is going up, and we are installing more, and more differant kinds, of alternative energy.

50% of the electorate are women. A great many of which are deeply insulted by the GOP's present positions. 6Nov12.

BTW grampa, we get beyond it by posting other topics until there are no Rush threads on the top page.

Forum List

Back