Seriously people, can we get beyond Rush?

The man makes 50+ million a year. A few advertisers lost is a drop in the bucket. It won't slow him down. In fact I bet his ratings will go up. And even if it was the beginning of the end for him it wouldn't matter as the void would be filled by someone else.

Point is he has no power. He doesn't make policy. He is a damn pundit. Like him or hate him it really makes no difference overall. This controversy will be long forgotten by election day. But gas may still be high. We may be involved in another military action. UE is still to high. The economy is still slugging along.

He has no power? :doubt: That must be why the RNC Chair apologized to him a year or so back ago for referring to him as an entertainer. :eusa_whistle:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...publican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/
“[House Speaker John] Boehner comes out and says Rush’s language was inappropriate. Using the salad fork for your entrée, that’s inappropriate. Not this stuff,” Will said. “And it was depressing because what it indicates is that the Republican leaders are afraid of Rush Limbaugh. They want to bomb Iran, but they’re afraid of Rush Limbaugh.”

The man makes 50+ million a year. A few advertisers lost is a drop in the bucket. It won't slow him down. In fact I bet his ratings will go up. And even if it was the beginning of the end for him it wouldn't matter as the void would be filled by someone else.

Point is he has no power. He doesn't make policy. He is a damn pundit. Like him or hate him it really makes no difference overall. This controversy will be long forgotten by election day. But gas may still be high. We may be involved in another military action. UE is still to high. The economy is still slugging along.

This story is a pimple on a 15 year old. Get over it. If you're on the left and this is all you got you're in big trouble come November.

Bahahahaaa......You must be a man. Women of reproductive age and the parents of women of reproductive age are going to the polls in November and it's the GOP that's in trouble. Rush drove home what Santorum started....a big black rabbit hole for Republicans. Obama was smart enough to see the opportunity of publicly consoling Fluke. Too bad you've got idiots running for Prez on the right.

Your sig and your post contradict each other.

That's the dumbest claim I've heard today. Of course, some of our board members who post dumb stuff arent here today

They don't call themselves dittoheads for nothing, junior.

Ironic considering you are the one parrotting talking points:)

Since when is that a talking point? It's something Rush himself says all the fucking time on his radio show.

Come on bitch, you know it's one of your talking points to make accusations of talking points when you have nothing better to counter with.

This story is a pimple on a 15 year old. Get over it. If you're on the left and this is all you got you're in big trouble come November.

Bahahahaaa......You must be a man. Women of reproductive age and the parents of women of reproductive age are going to the polls in November and it's the GOP that's in trouble. Rush drove home what Santorum started....a big black rabbit hole for Republicans. Obama was smart enough to see the opportunity of publicly consoling Fluke. Too bad you've got idiots running for Prez on the right.

How so?

He has no power? :doubt: That must be why the RNC Chair apologized to him a year or so back ago for referring to him as an entertainer. :eusa_whistle:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...publican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/
“[House Speaker John] Boehner comes out and says Rush’s language was inappropriate. Using the salad fork for your entrée, that’s inappropriate. Not this stuff,” Will said. “And it was depressing because what it indicates is that the Republican leaders are afraid of Rush Limbaugh. They want to bomb Iran, but they’re afraid of Rush Limbaugh.”

Point taken but that's not the power I was referring to.

They don't call themselves dittoheads for nothing, junior.

Since when is that a talking point? It's something Rush himself says all the fucking time on his radio show.

Come on bitch, you know it's one of your talking points to make accusations of talking points when you have nothing better to counter with.

Well, you are echoing everyone else on the left does about people listening to Rush being mindless despite the fact that it's not true. Sounds like a talking point to me.

You just dont like the fact that I pointed out that you are doing what you accuse others of. Which is probably why you've resulted to name calling as well. You really are predictable. Maybe you should do something different in the future. You shouldn't let yourself get caught up in bullcrap and stereotypes.

How so?

If you can't figure that out for yourself I can't help you.

I hope those "idiots" make people see that it's about the first amendment and not BC.

The First Amendment issue was resolved weeks ago. Your War on Women stands exposed.

There isn't a war on women. You seriously dont think demanding the government force a religious institution to pay for something contrary to their values isn't a First Amendment issue?

What pray tell is then?

I hope those "idiots" make people see that it's about the first amendment and not BC.

The First Amendment issue was resolved weeks ago. Your War on Women stands exposed.

There isn't a war on women. You seriously dont think demanding the government force a religious institution to pay for something contrary to their values isn't a First Amendment issue?

That argument might've worked before the Catholics got their second exemption on top of their first one (not counting the blanket exemption the Church itself has had all along).

Now you're just full of shit.

Oh, also, it's probably time to start a thread bitching about waivers for special interests.

Well, you are echoing everyone else on the left does about people listening to Rush being mindless despite the fact that it's not true. Sounds like a talking point to me.

You just dont like the fact that I pointed out that you are doing what you accuse others of. Which is probably why you've resulted to name calling as well. You really are predictable. Maybe you should do something different in the future. You shouldn't let yourself get caught up in bullcrap and stereotypes.

Sorry if you have such a problem with Rush calling his viewers Dittoheads, and them greasing their bodies up with his words and accepting the name of Dittohead with glee.

It's not a talking point... it's just the sad reality of the situation.

That argument might've worked before the Catholics got their second exemption on top of their first one (not counting the blanket exemption the Church itself has had all along).

So you put a feminist activist up testifying about how she wants to force a religious institution to provide her and other women birth control contrary to the values of the religious institution, and you dont think that's a First Amendment issue?

remember imus?

Yep, and while I thought his comments were out of bounds the market reacted and the situation solved itself. Now his audience is doubled.

We are free for a reason.

Do you guys see a thread everytime Maher says something stupid? Obviously not or this board would never be anything but a Maher discussion.

It's just so trivial when we have such serious challenges.

I think the attention has been earned because the event has triggered a response from a varied set of perspectives regarding reproductive rights, insurance benefits, media influence, the first amendment, a women's sexual preferences and behaviours, political positioning, educational costs...many hot button issues each worthy of discussion.

So you put a feminist activist up testifying about how she wants to force a religious institution to provide her and other women birth control contrary to the values of the religious institution, and you dont think that's a First Amendment issue?

Again, this was resolved weeks ago when Obama indicated Catholics would get an exemption on top of their exemption through the rulemaking process that upset them so.

When your problem is with some lady's testimony, give up. Seriously.

This story is a pimple on a 15 year old. Get over it. If you're on the left and this is all you got you're in big trouble come November. If you're on the right and you're obsessed with this you need a fucking hobby. It's his opinion, who cares?

Ps. I do see the irony but it needed to be said.

I think the reason why this story is important is for a couple of reasons.

1) It shows Obama has learned how to manipulate the right. Just like Clinton was able to after he was initially set back on his heels, he's learned how to push the right's buttons and make them act irrationally.

He makes a rule change that upsets the Catholic Bishops (rank and file Catholics don't care). The Bishops Push back. The GOP rallies behind them. He finds someone likeable for a counterpoint, and then someone does something stupid.

Yes, with luck, this will go away in a couple of days, but it shows the dynamic has changed. The GOP is a leaderless party right now. Which brings me to point #2.

2) No one has a big enough pair to challenge Limbaugh. Simply put, Romney Gingrich and Santorum should have all condemned Rush the minute he said this. That. Very. Day. They didn't. Because they are all in a tight race right now, and the last thing they want is Rush getting on his show and denouncing them.

Limbaugh's influence is an illusion. He was dead set against John McCain in 2008, but McCain still won. And Huckabee came in second. This year, he's against Romney, but Romney will probalby get the nomination. (and nothing else).

But none of these guys can be man enough to punch Limbaugh out.

Sorry if you have such a problem with Rush calling his viewers Dittoheads, and them greasing their bodies up with his words and accepting the name of Dittohead with glee.

It's not a talking point... it's just the sad reality of the situation.

I don't have a problem with the term dittohead. Or people agreeing with Rush. I have a problem with your blatant lie that everyone who listens to him agrees with everything he says. It's a pathetic tactic used by people who choose to mock rather than deal with substantive issues. In other words, it's a talking point.

Not sure why that's difficult to understand.

Forum List

Back