serious response--wise ass response

It's pretty sad state of overall board reading comprehension if we'd NEED to have different sections so that people understood which responses were serious, and which were wise assed remarks, don't you think?

Aren't emoticons there for those who can't get it in text?

oh I can tell--I just was wishing they could be separated for the readers pleasure. Pipe dream.
It's an idea whose time is yet to come.

I try to stay on the cutting edge of board technology.

It's a rainy day and I'm bored.
I got to thinking that it would be cool if after a thread was posted you could respond in a serious section or a wise ass section depending on the mood you were in.
I know---'that's what I get for thinking'---carry on.

What about a serious response disguised as a wise-ass response?

I got to thinking that it would be cool if after a thread was posted you could respond in a serious section or a wise ass section depending on the mood you were in.

ya-- I shoulda jsut kept my mouth shut and stayed bored :lol:

Doesn't matter what "they" like. In light of certain recent events, some things are going to change a bit.

Dragging out yer "Jaws" theme again Gunster? :lol:

I was too scared to take my usual midnight swim last night.

Say hello to one of our locals :eek:

white%20pointer.jpg

Good tactic. :D

Look out for Del!! With dillo and devnell in training right behind him!!

470252621_d0fde4221a.jpg

Abelian in the Abelian Sea.

maori1.jpg

a better pic ..

new-zealand-maori-haka-olympic-games-nc.jpg

Last edited:
<SNIP> If those irrelevant comments are short, no matter, but when posters quote entire earlier posts without just the part they are responding to, the threads become too bulky for a quicker look-see. <SNIP>

Mine was the first response to the OP, and it has been one of the few serious ones. I was headed out to make a dental appointment, and maybe that made me a bit too serious.

It seems to me that most threads follow two seperate but parallel paths, and posters can sort those two modes out without too much loss of time. The frivolous posts probably "save" a lot of threads from disappearing more quickly than they would so they provide a positive benefit. Too serious posts can kill a thread as quickly as anything.

But I repeat, IMHO the biggest "drag" comes from in-artful editing, which is definitely something that could use some improvement. Some here are indeed masters of that skill.

Mine was the first response to the OP, and it has been one of the few serious ones. I was headed out to make a dental appointment, and maybe that made me a bit too serious.

It seems to me that most threads follow two seperate but parallel paths, and posters can sort those two modes out without too much loss of time. The frivolous posts probably "save" a lot of threads from disappearing more quickly than they would so they provide a positive benefit. Too serious posts can kill a thread as quickly as anything.

But I repeat, IMHO the biggest "drag" comes from in-artful editing, which is definitely something that could use some improvement. Some here are indeed masters of that skill.

:offtopic:

:razz:

It's pretty sad state of overall board reading comprehension if we'd NEED to have different sections so that people understood which responses were serious, and which were wise assed remarks, don't you think?

Aren't emoticons there for those who can't get it in text?

There aren't going to be different sections based on reading comprehension. There are already different sections based on serious discussion and flaming/being solely a wiseass. Personal feuds anywhere on the board isn't cutting it.

If members can't keep their personal feuds/flaming in the forum provided for such behavior, it will be done for them.

Forum List

Back