Senator Cruz: One of the Smartest, Most Educated Persons to Ever Run for President?

at least Cruz knows how many states there are. too bad it wasnt a Cruz/Obama debate in 2012.

Cruz is certainly crazy enough to win the GOP nomination, but not sane enough to win the election. I'm not sure anybody can meet the criteria for both.

In short, an academic with no business experience, and never had to meet a payroll, everything the Right say is wrong with Obama.
Go figure!

As much as I like Cruz and his message which I believe to be right for America, I am totally against voting for someone with little experience. I mean, look at what we're stuck with now as the result of that, plus no vetting. Stupid Americans? You betcha! I can like stupid people but I can't respect them. They pose a danger to my life and liberties. They will vote for anyone who promises them free stuff. They are the parasites of the country--that 47%, unless that number has grown in the last two years.

So...no to Cruz, being the candidate in`16. He needs more experience under his belly and a voting record we can all refer to. Still, I think his message is strong but too late for Americans who have been too coddled to think for themselves, much less read anything about any politician's record.

Still, I am glad Cruz has tossed his hat into the ring as this gives him a platform to spread his message and some will listen. I think Cruz knows this.

In short, an academic with no business experience, and never had to meet a payroll, everything the Right say is wrong with Obama.
Go figure!

As much as I like Cruz and his message which I believe to be right for America, I am totally against voting for someone with little experience. I mean, look at what we're stuck with now as the result of that, plus no vetting. Stupid Americans? You betcha! I can like stupid people but I can't respect them. They pose a danger to my life and liberties. They will vote for anyone who promises them free stuff. They are the parasites of the country--that 47%, unless that number has grown in the last two years.

So...no to Cruz, being the candidate in`16. He needs more experience under his belly and a voting record we can all refer to. Still, I think his message is strong but too late for Americans who have been too coddled to think for themselves, much less read anything about any politician's record.

Still, I am glad Cruz has tossed his hat into the ring as this gives him a platform to spread his message and some will listen. I think Cruz knows this.

actually, Cruz has a lot of Experience. I posted his resume a while back

The Fair and Relevant Question After 8 Years of Obama Why Should GOP Nominate a One-Term Senator US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* While at Harvard, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

* Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including, as mentioned, nine before the Supreme Court.

* It should be mentioned that Cruz's record of arguing before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas and any current member of Congress.

* Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century by Texas Lawyer.

Whether all this means that Cruz would be the best candidate to run against the Democratic nominee is another question.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.

The other Ted has quite an academic curriculum vitae, herein are his accomplishments.

http://www.biography.com/people/ted-kaczynski-578450

One must not judge a presidential candidate by his academic achievements alone, as we see in the biography of Ted "the Unabomber" Kacznski in the link above.

Go figure!

The Fair and Relevant Question After 8 Years of Obama Why Should GOP Nominate a One-Term Senator US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yes, he has had many successes. I am looking for someone who has balanced a budget....a governor for example. Being a lawyer has never impressed me, when it comes to public office. Neither has being a Ph.D. Sadly, Cruz is too late for this country, in my opinion. I will vote for any GOP candidate, that being said. Tax and spend liberals, I will vote against. Their policies have ruined this country and it all began with our first Ph.D president, Woodrow Wilson, who put the Constitution aside as he had a different path for America and Democrats and some Republicans have been fast-forwarding it ever since.

What impresses me the most about Cruz, is that he has been successful in most of his endeavors.

As smart as Cruz may be, when he manipulated a Government shutdown to force Obama to back down, Obama just smiled and slapped Cruz around

The shutdown was an act of a political moron

ROFL!

Isn't it wonderful how consistently the Left demonstrates it ignorance of US Government?

'Senator Cruz shut down the government' just as 'Senator McCarthy sat on The House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).'

LOL! Absolutely HYSTERICAL!
Regardless of conservative revisionist history, the Government Shutdown was the brainchild of Eduardo Cruz

Cost the taxpayers $26 Billion

if Cruz wins in 2016, I will be proud to be the first white american to take a course in Canadian. I have always wanted to learn how to speak Canadian. but just too busy to take the time to learn.

Go figure!

Yes, he has had many successes. I am looking for someone who has balanced a budget....a governor for example. Being a lawyer has never impressed me, when it comes to public office. Neither has being a Ph.D. Sadly, Cruz is too late for this country, in my opinion. I will vote for any GOP candidate, that being said. Tax and spend liberals, I will vote against. Their policies have ruined this country and it all began with our first Ph.D president, Woodrow Wilson, who put the Constitution aside as he had a different path for America and Democrats and some Republicans have been fast-forwarding it ever since.

What impresses me the most about Cruz, is that he has been successful in most of his endeavors.

yes, I would prefer a Governor myself. but that went out the window when they put in Obama. a man of NO experience in anything but shooting off his mouth and cause agitating as a community organizer.

Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

* Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including, as mentioned, nine before the Supreme Court.

* It should be mentioned that Cruz's record of arguing before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas and any current member of Congress.

* Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century by Texas Lawyer.

Whether all this means that Cruz would be the best candidate to run against the Democratic nominee is another question.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.
He doesn't hide his transcripts either.

He doesn't hide his transcripts either.
Really? Prove it.

He's quite the amazing orator as well. Not only was he actually able to shut down the government just by reading a children's book about a weird food his father invented.

It's funny how when Obama and the Democrats refuse to compromise and the Republicans decide to finally show some spine and play hardball, it's all the Republicans' fault for a shutdown. You guys never admit that your side is the side that is usually unwilling to compromise and meet the other half way.

When their side won't compromise- they are cheered as hero's by their sheep
i am still waiting for one of the democrat dolts to say something in reference to a country Ted can see from his house.
You do know Tina(the skank) Fey said that, not Sarah Palin.

Forum List

Back