Senator Cruz: One of the Smartest, Most Educated Persons to Ever Run for President?

As smart as Cruz may be, when he manipulated a Government shutdown to force Obama to back down, Obama just smiled and slapped Cruz around

The shutdown was an act of a political moron
Yeah, that shutdown cost the R's the House and Senate.

Oh wait, that didn't happen now did it?

Volume of education has little to do with being an effective leader.
thank you, we found that out with OBama
Correct.
And yet, I'm sure she is rah rah for the little wetback?
Screws me, but I'd prefer you showered your racism on her, not me.

All humans are racist. It's good to remind people of that.
It is in the DNA and probably once served a purpose.

My intellect overrides my base instincts, just as my intellect overrides my inner caveman telling me to kick a wimps ass and take his woman.

We do not have to act on all instincts.

As smart as Cruz may be, when he manipulated a Government shutdown to force Obama to back down, Obama just smiled and slapped Cruz around

ROFL!

Isn't it wonderful how consistently the Left demonstrates it ignorance of US Government?

'Senator Cruz shut down the government' just as 'Senator McCarthy sat on The House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).'

LOL! Absolutely HYSTERICAL!
Regardless of conservative revisionist history, the Government Shutdown was the brainchild of Eduardo Cruz

Cost the taxpayers $26 Billion
Cost the Dems the Senate.

Why don't you link the$26 billion figure?

It is in the DNA and probably once served a purpose.

My intellect overrides my base instincts, just as my intellect overrides my inner caveman telling me to kick a wimps ass and take his woman.

We do not have to act on all instincts.
Nope, but they affect things and they don't go away either.

Response to the OP:

Cruz has no executive experience. Projecting executive competence upon him due to his educational credentials is the same mistake moonbats made with Obama.

ROFL!

Isn't it wonderful how consistently the Left demonstrates it ignorance of US Government?

'Senator Cruz shut down the government' just as 'Senator McCarthy sat on The House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).'

LOL! Absolutely HYSTERICAL!
Regardless of conservative revisionist history, the Government Shutdown was the brainchild of Eduardo Cruz

Cost the taxpayers $26 Billion
Cost the Dems the Senate.

Why don't you link the$26 billion figure?

Thanks Ted Cruz

How much did the shutdown cost the economy - The Washington Post

Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* While at Harvard, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

* Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including, as mentioned, nine before the Supreme Court.

* It should be mentioned that Cruz's record of arguing before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas and any current member of Congress.

* Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century by Texas Lawyer.

Whether all this means that Cruz would be the best candidate to run against the Democratic nominee is another question.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.

Being well educated does not guarantee that one shall make wise choices and come to the correct conclusions concerning political ideology. Of course that argument can be made for anyone from the right or left, or anyone who may fall somewhere in the middle.

A McDonalds Burger Flipper could of been elected President in 2008. especially if he ran as a democrat. I am pretty sure Ted Cruz is a bit more educated than a 16 year old McDonalds employee.

Cruz is very intelligent and morally insane.
so was Hannibal Lecter ...Democrats are bigots against Psychopaths ....

giphy.gif

I have heard Cruz do some debating. Not a lot. Just tip of the iceberg stuff. Quite impressive.

I may not be especially enamored of all of his views (since I am not particularly religious and prefer keeping much of religion out of public policy), and thus I am not sure he will be the candidate I end up favoring. But I have no misgivings about Ted Cruz' superior intellect. Unlike the incumbent, the man is actually intelligent and thoughtful.

I thought that Dos Equis dude was the most interesting man in the world? I think He and Cruz should hold a debate. and then we will know who the most interesting man in the world is.

Senator Cruz: One of the Smartest, Most Educated Persons to Ever Run for President?

Commie Canuck Cruz may be brilliant academically - but he's a social idiot.

No, Shitting Bull. YOU are the idiot and you don't compensate for that massive defect by being even passably smart in any realm or on anything.

Obumbler is not brilliant at anything and he is an abject idiot as a would be social engineer. Community activists evidently make horrifyingly bad Presidents.

Forum List

Back