Senator Cruz: One of the Smartest, Most Educated Persons to Ever Run for President?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* While at Harvard, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

* Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including, as mentioned, nine before the Supreme Court.

* It should be mentioned that Cruz's record of arguing before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas and any current member of Congress.

* Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century by Texas Lawyer.

Whether all this means that Cruz would be the best candidate to run against the Democratic nominee is another question.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.

Last edited:
I will give you that he is intelligent and educated.

The problem with the guy is that he's using that intelligence to pull the wool over the eyes of...and gain the support of....a few million nutter idiots. He is securing a place for himself deep inside the bubble......where nothing he ever says or does will force him to lose that support.

If he were a serious candidate, he'd be able to tell you what the best rate should be for his postcard flat tax. He'd have announced his run in a place less known for producing freakish idiots.

Fortunately for all of us, there are not enough rubes to propel this guy into a real position of power. He's just part of the side show to entertain the kiddies.

He's quite the amazing orator as well. Not only was he actually able to shut down the government just by reading a children's book about a weird food his father invented, here some of the other things he has said:

1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him: “So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”

2. On the press: “The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”

3. On the Constitution: “This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”

4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech: “Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country

5. On hecklers, again: “It would seem that President Obama’s paid political operatives are out in force. The men and women in this room scare the living daylights out of them.”

6. On hecklers, a third time: “How scared is the President? What a statement of fear, what a statement of fear. Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”

7. On the Cold War: “Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”

8. On Vice President Biden: “You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”

and

• We begin with Ted Cruz pontificating on ?????
      I will credit my father, he invented … green eggs and ham. He did it two ways. The easy way was he would put green food coloring in … But if you take spinach and mix it into the eggs, the eggs turn green … I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am.
    • Ted Cruz taking on the internets:
      "Net Neutrality"is Obamacare for the internet; the internet should not operate at the speed of government.
    • Teddy C on climate change:
      "You always have to be worried about something that is considered a so-called scientific theory that fits every scenario. Climate change, as they have defined it, can never be disproved, because whether it gets hotter or whether it gets colder, whatever happens, they'll say, well, it's changing, so it proves our theory."
    • Ted Cruz-mo-Dee on the Constitution:
      This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.
    • Theodore Cruzington III on hate speech:
      If you look at other nations that have gone down the road towards gay marriage, that’s the next step of where it gets enforced. It gets enforced against Christian pastors who decline to perform gay marriages, who speak out and preach biblical truths on marriage, that has been defined elsewhere as hate speech, as inconsistent with the enlightened view of government.
    • Who could forget Gentle Ted's response to the young girl asking "The world is on fire?"
      “The world is on fire,” Cruz replied, turning to face the girl and her mother. “Yes! Your world is on fire!”
    • And finally:
      Twenty years from now if there is some obscure trivial pursuit question, I am confident I will be the answer.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/23/1372776/-The-seven-dumbest-things-Ted-Cruz-ever-said

Last edited:
In short, an academic with no business experience, and never had to meet a payroll, everything the Right say is wrong with Obama.
Go figure!

then don't vote for him. that's why I didn't vote for Obama. on top of him being a thug racist who hated our country and all the people in it who didn't BOW to him

You have to love how NOW all of sudden they are worried about a President having any Experience

I posted Cruz's resume. He's had more real jobs in his life than Obama has in his pathetic life.

What does it take to be a community Agitator? I mean how much schooling did he get to work at that? He's not even a real professor.

If he's that smart and says the things he does then he is a sociopath and a con man.

In short, an academic with no business experience, and never had to meet a payroll, everything the Right say is wrong with Obama.
Go figure!

Cruz's academic record far exceeds Obama's. Harvard didn't have to lower the selection standards to select Cruz as HLR editor, but they had to do so for Obama (and both, I might add, are minorities).

The few classes Obama taught as an associate professor were rated as mediocre or poor by the majority of the students who attended them (at least among those who bothered to provide ratings).

Cruz knows he can never be president; he is working to be the Kingmaker of those in the GOP who will be nominated as candidates for the Presidency.

The few classes Obama taught as an associate professor were rated as mediocre or poor by the majority of the students who attended them (at least among those who bothered to provide ratings). MikeGriffith was one of those students who rated his good professors poor to mediocre because he was a student who did not want to do quality students. Most students who give poor to mediocre ratings are just like Mike.

He's quite the amazing orator as well. Not only was he actually able to shut down the government just by reading a children's book about a weird food his father invented.

It's funny how when Obama and the Democrats refuse to compromise and the Republicans decide to finally show some spine and play hardball, it's all the Republicans' fault for a shutdown. You guys never admit that your side is the side that is usually unwilling to compromise and meet the other half way.

He's quite the amazing orator as well. Not only was he actually able to shut down the government just by reading a children's book about a weird food his father invented.

It's funny how when Obama and the Democrats refuse to compromise and the Republicans decide to finally show some spine and play hardball, it's all the Republicans' fault for a shutdown. You guys never admit that your side is the side that is usually unwilling to compromise and meet the other half way.

When their side won't compromise- they are cheered as hero's by their sheep

You have to love how NOW all of sudden they are worried about a President having any Experience

I posted Cruz's resume. He's had more real jobs in his life than Obama has in his pathetic life.

We learned early on that congressional republicans see compromise as weakness and turn on their own like rabid hyenas.

Intellectually, Cruz is very bright
Socially, he is a moron

Let's compare Cruz to Palin

Palin went to six colleges to try to eke out a Communications degree. Hard to mistake her for a genius
However, Palin knows people. She knows how to work a room, crack a smile, make a joke. She is someone people gravitate to

Cruz is basically a dick. He is awkward in public, you cringe when he tells a joke and poses to tell you this is where you are supposed to laugh. Cruz has no political allies in either party.
Politically, Cruz is inept in forming a coalition and reaching an agreement

All of the bills passed were compromised on.....

Forum List

Back