Senate "Motion To Dismiss" Impeachment....

Then you admit that there is no where in the constitution that a full house vote is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Thank you.
LOL... It is implied...

Says you, citing you.

No where in the constitution itself does it say that an impeachment inquiry requires a full vote of the House.

And the house isn't bound to what YOU insist the constitution is supposed to mean, and any extra-constittional requirement that you make up. Constitutionally, you're nobody, Billy.

Get used to the idea
None of this has been done
The House's Role
The House brings impeachment charges against federal officials as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities. Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry. The Committee on the Judiciary ordinarily has jurisdiction over impeachments, but special committees investigated charges before the Judiciary Committee was created in 1813. The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House. If the articles are adopted (by simple majority vote), the House appoints Members by resolution to manage the ensuing Senate trial on its behalf. These managers act as prosecutors in the Senate and are usually members of the Judiciary Committee. The number of managers has varied across impeachment trials but has traditionally been an odd number. The partisan composition of managers has also varied depending on the nature of the impeachment, but the managers, by definition, always support the House’s impeachment action.
Impeachment | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

The house is bound by its constitutional requirements. And there is no constitutional requirement to vote on an impeachment inquiry.
Yes there is a requirement for a vote of the whole house. I even provided the House source.

Not in the constitution there isn't. If you believe othewise, show us anywhere in the constitution that a full vote of the House is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Constitution of the United States - We the People

Go ahead. I'll wait.

You've been watching too many episodes of Law and Order.

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not. There's no mention in the constitution for a 'motion to dismiss' anything. Let alone impeachment. Let alone the Senate.

The house sets up a trial

The senate decides who is guilty and will decide the house as guilty

No impeachment of the president will come
Impeachment is not only possible, its probable. The House is controlled by democrats. And support for impeachment is climbing rapidly

But trump may call out the military on the crooked congress and. Set up logic tests for voters

Call out the military and do what? Arrest congress for engaging in a constitutional process?

Good luck with that.

No impeachment from a crooked house would be recognized by the real power

Says you, citing you. Back in reality, the constitution grants the house sole authority over impeachment. If they vote to impeach, a president iis impeached.

Your 'recognition' is irrelevant.

The real power will recognize the house as guilty of high treason

Treason is the only crime defined by the constitution. And it has nothing to do with impeachment inquiries.

Again, you're just offering us meaningless pseudo-legal babble.

Treason is weakening our nation and making our enemies stronger.

Nope. Try again.

LOL... It is implied...

Says you, citing you.

No where in the constitution itself does it say that an impeachment inquiry requires a full vote of the House.

And the house isn't bound to what YOU insist the constitution is supposed to mean, and any extra-constittional requirement that you make up. Constitutionally, you're nobody, Billy.

Get used to the idea
The House's Role
The House brings impeachment charges against federal officials as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities. Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry. The Committee on the Judiciary ordinarily has jurisdiction over impeachments, but special committees investigated charges before the Judiciary Committee was created in 1813. The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House. If the articles are adopted (by simple majority vote), the House appoints Members by resolution to manage the ensuing Senate trial on its behalf. These managers act as prosecutors in the Senate and are usually members of the Judiciary Committee. The number of managers has varied across impeachment trials but has traditionally been an odd number. The partisan composition of managers has also varied depending on the nature of the impeachment, but the managers, by definition, always support the House’s impeachment action.

The house is bound by its constitutional requirements. And there is no constitutional requirement to vote on an impeachment inquiry.
Yes there is a requirement for a vote of the whole house. I even provided the House source.

Not in the constitution there isn't. If you believe othewise, show us anywhere in the constitution that a full vote of the House is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

You are wrong by the majority of americsn men

Says you, citing you.

Get used to the idea
The House's Role

Go ahead. I'll wait.

So that's a no on finding anywhere in the constitution that a full vote of the House is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Thank you.

U.S. Senate Rejects The Impeachment from the House of Representatives due to the fact that it is Illegitimate because the House never held a vote...forces House Democrats - to include those 'vulnerable' - to either officially going on record as being for Impeachment or drop it....?!

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written..

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

DO YOU HAVE CONSENT OF THE HOR where SOLE POWER TO IMPEACH RESIDES?

Yes or No

Can you show us anywhere in the constitution where it says the full house must vote on an impeachment inquiry?

Yes or no?
It doesn't have to say "The full House". It says "The House". It doesn't say "the Speaker and a highly partisan committee chairman". "The House" means "The House", ALL OF IT. I have no doubt the left will continue to ignore the Constitution anyway but if they think the American people won't object to their tactics, they're making a mistake and will pay dearly for it in 2020.

Right off the top this is MY TAKE ON WHAT IS COMING..... THIS IS MY OPINION!

After talking with friends about this whole Impeachment circus I asked the question, What happens in the senate if this circus actually is voted into existence and sent to trial?

Here is what I think will happen. There will be a motion to dismiss as the Impeachment process was illegitimate in the House and no consent was given to proceed. The motion will be on Constitutional grounds and the denial of Democrats to afford republicans equal access to mount a defense of the president.

This motion will be sent to the presiding Judge, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of The Untied States who will call a vote of the Senate on the motion.

The Impeachment will be thrown out on grounds of improper process and killed..

The House will look like fools and there will be a media circus through the election showing the anti-republic democrats as the control fanatics they are.. They Will lose the house and have no seat of power.
You are right up to Dems losing power-there are too many of them to landslide over-maybe 20 seats lost at most.

U.S. Senate Rejects The Impeachment from the House of Representatives due to the fact that it is Illegitimate because the House never held a vote...forces House Democrats - to include those 'vulnerable' - to either officially going on record as being for Impeachment or drop it....?!

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written..

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

DO YOU HAVE CONSENT OF THE HOR where SOLE POWER TO IMPEACH RESIDES?

Yes or No

Can you show us anywhere in the constitution where it says the full house must vote on an impeachment inquiry?

Yes or no?
It doesn't have to say "The full House". It says "The House". It doesn't say "the Speaker and a highly partisan committee chairman". "The House" means "The House", ALL OF IT. I have no doubt the left will continue to ignore the Constitution anyway but if they think the American people won't object to their tactics they're making a mistake and will pay dearly for it in 2020.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to quote the constitution saying that a full vote of the house is necessary to open an impeachment inquiry.

Please do so.

The House's Role

Go ahead. I'll wait.

So that's a no on finding anywhere in the constitution that a full vote of the House is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Thank you.

Again you are wrong what is the real law

One real law is men stopping women

LOL... It is implied...

Says you, citing you.

Get used to the idea
The House's Role

Go ahead. I'll wait.
Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Thank you.

And by 'real law', you once again mean your imagination.

Alas, your imagination is constittutionally irrelevant as well.

Says you, citing you.

Get used to the idea
The House's Role

Go ahead. I'll wait.
Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry

That's not the constitution of the United States. This is:

Show me in the constitution where a full vote of the House is required for an impeachment inquiry

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Thank you.

And by 'real law', you once again mean your imagination.

Alas, your imagination is constittutionally irrelevant as well.

Imagination

Check history and Andrew Jackson

He made the the real laws because he had the power same as trump

Right off the top this is MY TAKE ON WHAT IS COMING..... THIS IS MY OPINION!

After talking with friends about this whole Impeachment circus I asked the question, What happens in the senate if this circus actually is voted into existence and sent to trial?

Here is what I think will happen. There will be a motion to dismiss as the Impeachment process was illegitimate in the House and no consent was given to proceed. The motion will be on Constitutional grounds and the denial of Democrats to afford republicans equal access to mount a defense of the president.

This motion will be sent to the presiding Judge, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of The Untied States who will call a vote of the Senate on the motion.

The Impeachment will be thrown out on grounds of improper process and killed..

The House will look like fools and there will be a media circus through the election showing the anti-republic democrats as the control fanatics they are.. They Will lose the house and have no seat of power.
You've been watching too many episodes of Law and Order.

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not. There's no mention in the constitution for a 'motion to dismiss' anything. Let alone impeachment. Let alone the Senate.
The Senate has full power over an Impeachment TRIAL if this nonsense progresses that far. So If the Senate has FULL POWER over a trial, that would include the power to dismiss the case based on the charges not rising to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors.

The 'dismissal' would be irrelevant. Either they convict or they don't. Regardless of their decision, the President would remain impeached. And the senate either removes the president or they don't. Those are the only two options.
Not irrelevant. If they dismiss the case it would correctly deem the charges NOT WORTHY of a trial, which they are not.

The House's Role

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Show me in the constitution where a full vote of the House is required for an impeachment inquiry

Foolish person

For the house to do ANYTHING they must all vote

The House's Role

Go ahead. I'll wait.

That comes from the house of representatives it's their words.
The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Foolish person

Not at all. As the republican lead House demonstrated elegantly, investigations don't require votes.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Foolish person

Not at all. As the republican lead House demonstrated elegantly, investigations don't require votes.

Wrong

Trumps investigations comes from the AG

Forum List

Back