Senate "Motion To Dismiss" Impeachment....

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide

Right off the top this is MY TAKE ON WHAT IS COMING..... THIS IS MY OPINION!

After talking with friends about this whole Impeachment circus I asked the question, What happens in the senate if this circus actually is voted into existence and sent to trial?

Here is what I think will happen. There will be a motion to dismiss as the Impeachment process was illegitimate in the House and no consent was given to proceed. The motion will be on Constitutional grounds and the denial of Democrats to afford republicans equal access to mount a defense of the president.

This motion will be sent to the presiding Judge, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of The Untied States who will call a vote of the Senate on the motion.

The Impeachment will be thrown out on grounds of improper process and killed..

The House will look like fools and there will be a media circus through the election showing the anti-republic democrats as the control fanatics they are.. They Will lose the house and have no seat of power.

After talking with friends about this whole Impeachment circus I asked the question, What happens in the senate if this circus actually is voted into existence and sent to trial?

Here is what I think will happen. There will be a motion to dismiss as the Impeachment process was illegitimate in the House and no consent was given to proceed. The motion will be on Constitutional grounds and the denial of Democrats to afford republicans equal access to mount a defense of the president.

This motion will be sent to the presiding Judge, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of The Untied States who will call a vote of the Senate on the motion.

The House will look like fools and there will be a media circus through the election showing the anti-republic democrats as the control fanatics they are.. They Will lose the house and have no seat of power.
You've been watching too many episodes of Law and Order.

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not. There's no mention in the constitution for a 'motion to dismiss' anything. Let alone impeachment. Let alone the Senate.

Would be interesting.
The thing that gets me is the denial of equal access to mount a defense of the president by Democrats. Any prosecutor who does this in any other court in the land is charged with proescutorial misconduct. The denial of access to all information, the denial of access to witnesses and the ability to depose and subpoena records, etc... Pelosie and her chiefs are denying it all to republicans. The democrats know if they hold a vote to authorize the process Republicans get access to everything and get subpoena powers outside of the Democrat control.

Its all being denied by democrats today and its going to end badly for them..

Last edited:
U.S. Senate Rejects The Impeachment from the House of Representatives due to the fact that it is Illegitimate because the House never held a vote...forces House Democrats - to include those 'vulnerable' - to either officially going on record as being for Impeachment or drop it....?!

You've been watching too many episodes of Law and Order.

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not. There's no mention in the constitution for a 'motion to dismiss' anything. Let alone impeachment. Let alone the Senate.
The Trial must happen in the senate. They can call bull shit on the house's process and throw it out. If it is egregious enough they can demand investigation and charges for those who violated the Constitutional mandate.

Would be interesting.
The thing that get s me is the denial of equal access to mount a defense of the president by Republicans. Any prosecutor who does this in any other court in the land is charged with proescutorial misconduct. The denial of access to all information, the denial of access to witnesses and the ability to depose and subpoena records, etc... Pelosie and her chiefs are denying it all to republicans.

You're confused on how this process works.

An impeachment isn't a trial. Its an indictment. In other judicial settings, a defendant doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against being indicted. Grand Juries, which determine if an indictment is going forward are generally done without any input from the person who is the subject of the grand jury. The person doesn't get to mount a defense before an indictment is handed down.

A defendant does get to mount a defense at a trial.....AFTER they've been indicted. The indictment is the impeachment. The Senate holds the trial only AFTER an official has been impeached.

And per the constitution, the power to impeach lies solely with the House. Just as the power to try an impeached official lies solely with the Senate.

U.S. Senate Rejects The Impeachment from the House of Representatives due to the fact that it is Illegitimate because the House never held a vote...forces House Democrats - to include those 'vulnerable' - to either officially going on record as being for Impeachment or drop it....?!

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Constitution of the United States - We the People

Show us. Don't tell us.

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Show us. Don't tell us.
Precedence set.
YOU know it.
You also know they are NOT holding a vote to protect vulnerable Dems.

Would be interesting.
The thing that get s me is the denial of equal access to mount a defense of the president by Republicans. Any prosecutor who does this in any other court in the land is charged with proescutorial misconduct. The denial of access to all information, the denial of access to witnesses and the ability to depose and subpoena records, etc... Pelosie and her chiefs are denying it all to republicans.

An impeachment isn't a trial. Its an indictment. In other judicial settings, a defendant doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against being indicted. Grand Juries, which determine if an indictment is going forward are generally done without any input from the person who is the subject of the grand jury. The person doesn't get to mount a defense before an indictment is handed down.

A defendant does get to mount a defense at a trial.....AFTER they've been indicted. The indictment is the impeachment. The Senate holds the trial only AFTER an official has been impeached.

And per the constitution, the power to impeach lies solely with the House. Just as the power to try an impeached official lies solely with the Senate.
LOL

A Grand jury of idiots can indict a ham sandwich.. The House is one big lot of idiots... The Constitution demands that the house have sole power but a few in the house seem to think they dont have to get consent... Its all going to back fire..

Would be interesting.

LOL

A Grand jury of idiots can indict a ham sandwich.. The House is one big lot of idiots... The Constitution demands that the house have sole power but a few in the house seem to think they dont have to get consent... Its all going to back fire..

Regardless of your opinion of 'ham sandwiches', the fact remains that the House retains sole power to impeach under the constitution.

And that a person doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against indictments in other judicial settings. Nor is a prosecutor charged with 'prosecutorial misconduct' for not allowing a person to mount a defense against indictment.

Rendering your scenario in the OP a non-starter constitutionally....and in other judicial settings.

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written.. It requires consent of the HOR.

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

DO YOU HAVE CONSENT OF THE HOR where SOLE POWER TO IMPEACH RESIDES?

Yes or No

Last edited:

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written..

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

Yes or No

Can you show us anywhere in the constitution where it says the full house must vote on an impeachment inquiry?

Yes or no?

Show us. Don't tell us.

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written.. It requires consent of the HOR.

Yes or No
Should the House impeach Trump, what will likely happen is the Republican Senate will refuse to conduct a trial – again, further proof of the right’s contempt for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the will of the people.

Impeach me said Trump. Does Trump want Georgia or South Carolina Peach Pie?

Last edited:
And that a person doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against indictments in other judicial settings. Nor is a prosecutor charged with 'prosecutorial misconduct' for not allowing a person to mount a defense against indictment.
You are Wrong!

Even Democrats were given full access to information and witnesses after the HOR VOTED to proceed with an investigation into Clinton. They then voted to Impeach.. But they started the process under constitutional mandate with a VOTE... Both of the Impeachments prior to Clinton also started with votes of the HOR to authorize the process.

Show us. Don't tell us.

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written..

Yes or No

Can you show us anywhere in the constitution where it says the full house must vote on an impeachment inquiry?

Yes or no?
The meaning is implied. The words "THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SHALL" indicates it is the body which holds the authority, the "sole power". The BODY therefore must agree to or consent to the inquiry or impeachment process. No single person has they Authority of the body under this specific mandate.

DO you have consent of the HOR?

I ask again... Yes or No?

You are Wrong!

Nope. I'm quite accurate.

Even Democrats were given full access to information and witnesses after the HOR VOTED to proceed with an investigation into Clinton. They then voted to Impeach.. But they started the process under constitutional mandate with a VOTE... Both of the Impeachments prior to Clinton also started with votes of the HOR to authorize the process.

You're equating an impeachment, with an impeachment inquiry. They aren't the same thing.

An impeachment....is an indictment. An impeachment inquiry....is an investigation.

Show me where in the constitution it requires a full vote of the House for an impeachment inquiry.

Forum List

Back