Senate "Motion To Dismiss" Impeachment....

U.S. Senate Rejects The Impeachment from the House of Representatives due to the fact that it is Illegitimate because the House never held a vote...forces House Democrats - to include those 'vulnerable' - to either officially going on record as being for Impeachment or drop it....?!

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Constitution of the United States - We the People

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written.. It requires consent of the HOR.

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

DO YOU HAVE CONSENT OF THE HOR where SOLE POWER TO IMPEACH RESIDES?

Yes or No
Should the House impeach Trump, what will likely happen is the Republican Senate will refuse to conduct a trial – again, further proof of the right’s contempt for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the will of the people.

The Senate cannot refuse to conduct a trial.

In fact if Articles of Impeachment are sent to the Senate they must forgo all other matters before them and focus on the trial.

U.S. Senate Rejects The Impeachment from the House of Representatives due to the fact that it is Illegitimate because the House never held a vote...forces House Democrats - to include those 'vulnerable' - to either officially going on record as being for Impeachment or drop it....?!

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written.. It requires consent of the HOR.

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

DO YOU HAVE CONSENT OF THE HOR where SOLE POWER TO IMPEACH RESIDES?

Yes or No
Should the House impeach Trump, what will likely happen is the Republican Senate will refuse to conduct a trial – again, further proof of the right’s contempt for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the will of the people.

The Senate cannot refuse to conduct a trial.

In fact if Articles of Impeachment are sent to the Senate they must forgo all other matters before them and focus on the trial.
This is exactly why I addressed this in my thread.. What the Senate does with the pile of crap is going to send dems sideways.. Especially if they round file it as unfounded.

Right off the top this is MY TAKE ON WHAT IS COMING..... THIS IS MY OPINION!

After talking with friends about this whole Impeachment circus I asked the question, What happens in the senate if this circus actually is voted into existence and sent to trial?

Here is what I think will happen. There will be a motion to dismiss as the Impeachment process was illegitimate in the House and no consent was given to proceed. The motion will be on Constitutional grounds and the denial of Democrats to afford republicans equal access to mount a defense of the president.

This motion will be sent to the presiding Judge, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of The Untied States who will call a vote of the Senate on the motion.

The Impeachment will be thrown out on grounds of improper process and killed..

The House will look like fools and there will be a media circus through the election showing the anti-republic democrats as the control fanatics they are.. They Will lose the house and have no seat of power.
You've been watching too many episodes of Law and Order.

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not. There's no mention in the constitution for a 'motion to dismiss' anything. Let alone impeachment. Let alone the Senate.

The house sets up a trial

The senate decides who is guilty and will decide the house as guilty

No impeachment of the president will come

But trump may call out the military on the crooked congress and. Set up logic tests for voters

And that a person doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against indictments in other judicial settings. Nor is a prosecutor charged with 'prosecutorial misconduct' for not allowing a person to mount a defense against indictment.
You are Wrong!

Nope. I'm quite accurate.

Even Democrats were given full access to information and witnesses after the HOR VOTED to proceed with an investigation into Clinton. They then voted to Impeach.. But they started the process under constitutional mandate with a VOTE... Both of the Impeachments prior to Clinton also started with votes of the HOR to authorize the process.
blitiesbabity
You're equating an impeachment, with an impeachment inquiry. They aren't the same thing.

An impeachment....is an indictment. An impeachment inquiry....is an investigation.

Show me where in the constitution it requires a full vote of the House for an impeachment inquiry.

Quite inaccurate,

After talking with friends about this whole Impeachment circus I asked the question, What happens in the senate if this circus actually is voted into existence and sent to trial?

Here is what I think will happen. There will be a motion to dismiss as the Impeachment process was illegitimate in the House and no consent was given to proceed. The motion will be on Constitutional grounds and the denial of Democrats to afford republicans equal access to mount a defense of the president.

This motion will be sent to the presiding Judge, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of The Untied States who will call a vote of the Senate on the motion.

The House will look like fools and there will be a media circus through the election showing the anti-republic democrats as the control fanatics they are.. They Will lose the house and have no seat of power.

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not. There's no mention in the constitution for a 'motion to dismiss' anything. Let alone impeachment. Let alone the Senate.

Impeachment is not only possible, its probable. The House is controlled by democrats. And support for impeachment is climbing rapidly

But trump may call out the military on the crooked congress and. Set up logic tests for voters

Call out the military and do what? Arrest congress for engaging in a constitutional process?

Good luck with that.

And that a person doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against indictments in other judicial settings. Nor is a prosecutor charged with 'prosecutorial misconduct' for not allowing a person to mount a defense against indictment.
You are Wrong!

Nope. I'm quite accurate.

Even Democrats were given full access to information and witnesses after the HOR VOTED to proceed with an investigation into Clinton. They then voted to Impeach.. But they started the process under constitutional mandate with a VOTE... Both of the Impeachments prior to Clinton also started with votes of the HOR to authorize the process.
blitiesbabity
You're equating an impeachment, with an impeachment inquiry. They aren't the same thing.

An impeachment....is an indictment. An impeachment inquiry....is an investigation.

Show me where in the constitution it requires a full vote of the House for an impeachment inquiry.

Quite inaccurate,

You're obviously wrong.

The Senate has full power over an Impeachment TRIAL if this nonsense progresses that far. So If the Senate has FULL POWER over a trial, that would include the power to dismiss the case based on the charges not rising to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors.

The Senate has full power over an Impeachment TRIAL if this nonsense progresses that far. So If the Senate has FULL POWER over a trial, that would include the power to dismiss the case based on the charges not rising to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors.

The 'dismissal' would be irrelevant. Either they convict or they don't. Regardless of their decision, the President would remain impeached. And the senate either removes the president or they don't. Those are the only two options.

Impeachment is not only possible, its probable. The House is controlled by democrats. And support for impeachment is climbing rapidly

Call out the military and do what? Arrest congress for engaging in a constitutional process?

Good luck with that.

No impeachment from a crooked house would be recognized by the real power

The real power will recognize the house as guilty of high treason

I have shown you. You however seem to think that what the founder's wrote is insufficient and that the previous impeachment processes that did vote, following the constitutional mandate, didn't happen. I cant help you in your delirium state. The language is not ambiguous. It is direct, succinct, and with careful thought. The fact you are incapable of reading it and comprehending it, even with the precedent of other processes, is telling..
No, you haven't.

You have yet to show us ANY requirement in the constitution for a House impeachment inquiry.

Again, the impeachment inquiry is an investigation. Not an indictment.

Try again. Show us where the constitution requires a full house vote for an impeachment inquiry.

I'll wait.
An impeachment inquiry is not an impeachment it's just part of the process.

Then you admit that there is no where in the constitution that a full house vote is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Thank you.
LOL... It is implied...

Says you, citing you.

No where in the constitution itself does it say that an impeachment inquiry requires a full vote of the House.

And the house isn't bound to what YOU insist the constitution is supposed to mean, and any extra-constittional requirement that you make up. Constitutionally, you're nobody, Billy.

Get used to the idea
None of this has been done
The House's Role
The House brings impeachment charges against federal officials as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities. Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry. The Committee on the Judiciary ordinarily has jurisdiction over impeachments, but special committees investigated charges before the Judiciary Committee was created in 1813. The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House. If the articles are adopted (by simple majority vote), the House appoints Members by resolution to manage the ensuing Senate trial on its behalf. These managers act as prosecutors in the Senate and are usually members of the Judiciary Committee. The number of managers has varied across impeachment trials but has traditionally been an odd number. The partisan composition of managers has also varied depending on the nature of the impeachment, but the managers, by definition, always support the House’s impeachment action.
Impeachment | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

No, you haven't.

You have yet to show us ANY requirement in the constitution for a House impeachment inquiry.

Again, the impeachment inquiry is an investigation. Not an indictment.

Try again. Show us where the constitution requires a full house vote for an impeachment inquiry.

I'll wait.

Then you admit that there is no where in the constitution that a full house vote is required for an impeachment inquiry.

Thank you.
LOL... It is implied...

Says you, citing you.

No where in the constitution itself does it say that an impeachment inquiry requires a full vote of the House.

And the house isn't bound to what YOU insist the constitution is supposed to mean, and any extra-constittional requirement that you make up. Constitutionally, you're nobody, Billy.

Get used to the idea
The House's Role
The House brings impeachment charges against federal officials as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities. Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry. The Committee on the Judiciary ordinarily has jurisdiction over impeachments, but special committees investigated charges before the Judiciary Committee was created in 1813. The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House. If the articles are adopted (by simple majority vote), the House appoints Members by resolution to manage the ensuing Senate trial on its behalf. These managers act as prosecutors in the Senate and are usually members of the Judiciary Committee. The number of managers has varied across impeachment trials but has traditionally been an odd number. The partisan composition of managers has also varied depending on the nature of the impeachment, but the managers, by definition, always support the House’s impeachment action.

The house is bound by its constitutional requirements. And there is no constitutional requirement to vote on an impeachment inquiry.

The 'dismissal' would be irrelevant. Either they convict or they don't. Regardless of their decision, the President would remain impeached. And the senate either removes the president or they don't. Those are the only two options.
Again explain to me what is the relevance of impeachment without the removal of the president from office?

Good luck with that.

Says you, citing you. Back in reality, the constitution grants the house sole authority over impeachment. If they vote to impeach, a president iis impeached.

Your 'recognition' is irrelevant.

Treason is the only crime defined by the constitution. And it has nothing to do with impeachment inquiries.

Again, you're just offering us meaningless pseudo-legal babble.

Thank you.
LOL... It is implied...

Says you, citing you.

Get used to the idea
The House's Role

The house is bound by its constitutional requirements. And there is no constitutional requirement to vote on an impeachment inquiry.
Yes there is a requirement for a vote of the whole house. I even provided the House source.

Good luck with that.

Says you, citing you. Back in reality, the constitution grants the house sole authority over impeachment. If they vote to impeach, a president iis impeached.

Treason is the only crime defined by the constitution. And it has nothing to do with impeachment inquiries.

He's impeached ok great does that mean he must return his gold star from the first grade?

Why do you think the Republicans LOST the House Of Representatives in 2018?

Again explain to me what is the relevance of impeachment without the removal of the president from office?

There is really none

The crooks wants to brainwash

Good luck with that.

Treason is weakening our nation and making our enemies stronger.

This is what the whole deep state is guilty of

Forum List

Back