Sen. Feinstein's Husband Cashes In on Crisis

RoadVirus

<insert pithy title here>
Oct 22, 2008
Illinois
Sen. Feinstein's Husband Cashes In on Crisis

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms, the Washington Times reported on Tuesday.

Mrs. Feinstein's intervention on behalf of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was unusual: the California Democrat isn't a member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs with jurisdiction over FDIC; and the agency is supposed to operate from money it raises from bank-paid insurance payments - not direct federal dollars.

Documents reviewed by The Washington Times show Mrs. Feinstein first offered Oct. 30 to help the FDIC secure money for its effort to stem the rise of home foreclosures. Her letter was sent just days before the agency determined that CB Richard Ellis Group (CBRE) - the commercial real estate firm that her husband Richard Blum heads as board chairman - had won the competitive bidding for a contract to sell foreclosed properties that FDIC had inherited from failed banks.

About the same time of the contract award, Mr. Blum's private investment firm reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission that it and related affiliates had purchased more than 10 million new shares in CBRE. The shares were purchased for the going price of $3.77; CBRE's stock closed Monday at $5.14.

Spokesmen for the FDIC, Mrs. Feinstein and Mr. Blum's firm told The Times that there was no connection between the legislation and the contract signed Nov. 13, and that the couple didn't even know about CBRE's business with FDIC until after it was awarded.

Senate ethics rules state that members must avoid conflicts of interest as well as "even the appearance of a conflict of interest." Some ethics analysts question whether Mrs. Feinstein ran afoul of the latter provision, creating the appearance that she was rewarding the agency that had just hired her husband's firm.

Continue reading...

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms, the Washington Times reported on Tuesday.

IF this is true..

THEN Senator Feinstien should be hanged.

I will await confirmation of this charge, however, because the Reverend Sun yung Moon's Washington Times is hardly what I think of as a credible source.

she should get shut down and investigated for the conflict of interest.

Lets remember no cashing in has taken place yet huh, it has to pass first which it wont likely do.

Now can we shut down Haliburton and investigate Cheney for the cashing in they did off the blood of our bravest.

Last edited:

Lets remember no cashing in has taken place yet huh, it has to pass first which it wont likely do.

Now can we shut down Haliburton and investigate Cheney for the cashing in they did off the blood of our bravest.

Would you like to elborate on the bold type? I'm curious as to your sources if you have any? Or, are you just blowing hot air, and no fact?

no bid contracts and Cheneys contacts to the company.

Funny how quickly your outrage wanes when its Rs under the microscope.

IF this is true..

THEN Senator Feinstien should be hanged.

I will await confirmation of this charge, however, because the Reverend Sun yung Moon's Washington Times is hardly what I think of as a credible source.

Sen. Feinstein's Husband Cashes In on Crisis - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Another source, but you may not like it either. This isn't the first time Feinstein's husband has been involved with a conflict of interest scandel. In 2003 there was a 600 million dollar contract issued to a firm where he had a 24% stake.

no bid contracts and Cheneys contacts to the company.

Funny how quickly your outrage wanes when its Rs under the microscope.

Are yiou talking about when Cheney was VP, and there was a no bid for Haliburton? Where Cheney was no part of Haliburton? Fact is that Cheney didn't profit while he was in office from Haliburton. Conflict of interest??? Hmmm, that's strange.

Because I thought you would bring up the no bid contract to Haliburton under the Clinton administration. But that would have to bring the facts into play.

Side note for you. There is no other company in the world that can do what haliburton does at a scale that we're talking about. That's why Haliburton usually does get no bid contracts under any administration. They are kind of like the old Red Adair firefighters

DI Fi does not run the company in this story either bud.

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties

read the bolded slowly fuddledutz! and try to think about what it says! wipe boosh and cheney from yer mind! :cuckoo:

You guys forgot what I already said huh?

Fuck her , if the investigation shows conflict she should be thrown in prison.

I just wish you guys cared enough about this country to deisde the same if the letter after their names was an R

her husband is not her.

and you are not a box of rocks, yet you come with the same intellectual ability. if feinstein was a republican, i'd be cleaning up spammed threads for weeks posted by you on the subject.

go figure, huh?

to paraphrase dean wormer- stupid, hypocritical and truth impaired is no way to go through life.

If she can be procecuted for this she should be.

I want her on her ass if she did anything untoward.

I dont want ANY cashing in assholes from any party to be in office.

You guys forgot what I already said huh?

Fuck her , if the investigation shows conflict she should be thrown in prison.

I just wish you guys cared enough about this country to deisde the same if the letter after their names was an R

You would make Nazi Germany proud. History tends to repeat itself = Truthmatters as an example.

Forum List

Back