Sen. Feinstein: ‘Bad Time’ to Press for Gun Control

Sooooo, you said that based on what again?

Based what? That you are trying to get me to split a hair?

He's not asking you to split a hair, you dumb mother fucker. You asserted that most Americans don't want gun control and he's asking you to back that assertion up.

Fuck.
I did on the rebuttal to his post you dumb ass I said most American do not want more gun control. Most American want the laws already on the books enforced, they don't want new noneffective new laws that only affect the law abiding

So when exactly is there a good time for gun control? Most Americans don't want it but if it wasn't election year I am sure she would be pushing for it even though most Americans don't want it.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of more outspoken gun-control advocates in Congress, said today that both Mitt Romney and President Obama should give the gun control issue a lot of “consideration,” but said now is a “bad time” to press the issue politically.
“I think that they should give it a lot of consideration, I think this is a bad time to embrace such a new subject,” the California Democrat said said on “Fox News Sunday.” “There has been no action because there is no outrage out there, people haven’t rallied forward.”
Sen. Feinstein: ‘Bad Time’ to Press for Gun Control - ABC News

Can you say tyranny?
Yeah, it's a "bad time" because of Fast and Furious. Boy, the Dems want that gone so badly they can taste it. But, if they really believe in gun control, they are sellouts to the folks they believe are victims that wouldn't be victims, in their minds.

Typical Democratic sellout mentality.

So when exactly is there a good time for gun control? Most Americans don't want it but if it wasn't election year I am sure she would be pushing for it even though most Americans don't want it.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of more outspoken gun-control advocates in Congress, said today that both Mitt Romney and President Obama should give the gun control issue a lot of “consideration,” but said now is a “bad time” to press the issue politically.
“I think that they should give it a lot of consideration, I think this is a bad time to embrace such a new subject,” the California Democrat said said on “Fox News Sunday.” “There has been no action because there is no outrage out there, people haven’t rallied forward.”

Can you say tyranny?
Yeah, it's a "bad time" because of Fast and Furious. Boy, the Dems want that gone so badly they can taste it. But, if they really believe in gun control, they are sellouts to the folks they believe are victims that wouldn't be victims, in their minds.

Typical Democratic sellout mentality.
Exactly if you believe that it's good for America anytime is a good time for it. She knows anyone who would push for more gun control or a ban would lose in an election, except in those few anti gun districts.

Mr. Mayor keeps pressing for gun control...
:clap2:
Bloomberg: If not now, when for new gun laws?
Jul 25, 2012 - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is pushing back on the notion that now is not the time to talk about new gun control measures.
In an op-ed column for the New York Daily News today, Bloomberg chides President Obama and Mitt Romney for ignoring his call to outline ways to reduce gun violence after the rampage in a Colorado movie theater that left 12 people dead and 58 wounded. Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a group co-chaired by Bloomberg, has also joined forces with victims of the Tucson shooting rampage in an ad campaign demanding action by Obama and Romney. A full-page ad is in Wednesday's editions of USA TODAY.

"Less than a week after Aurora, the two candidates are back to politics as usual, attacking each other on gaffes and trivialities," Bloomberg, an independent, writes in his op-ed column. "If not now, when is the time for them to outline their solutions to gun violence?" In his column, Bloomberg also takes a swipe at Congress for failing to take steps more than 18 months after the Tucson shootings that wounded then-congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords "to ensure all people with mental health and drug histories" can't buy guns. Six people died in the Tucson shooting.

Obama, Romney and House Speaker John Boehner all agree that the shootings in the Aurora movie theater should not give way to new gun legislation. Romney said in an CNBC interview earlier this week that he believes new laws wouldn't "make a difference in this type of tragedy." In the print ad, survivors and family members of shooting victims in Tucson directs readers to a petition demanding that Obama and Romney outline a plan to reduce gun violence. "What we need from our nation's leaders is more than just a moment of silence -- we need a moment of courage," the petition says.

Source

Well, guess we gonna have to put up with more shootings...
:eusa_eh:
Poll: Views on gun laws don't change after Aurora
Jul 30, 2012 - Americans remain divided on the issue of gun control vs. gun rights, more than a week after 12 people died in the July 20 massacre at a Colorado movie theater.
A new poll by the Pew Research Center shows 47% of Americans say it is more important to control gun ownership, while 46% say it is more important to protect the rights of Americans to own guns. The survey comes as James Holmes was charged today with 24 counts of first-degree murder for his alleged role in the shooting in Aurora that left 12 people dead and another 58 wounded. President Obama and GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney agree that now is not the time to consider new gun laws. Congress also has shown little appetite to move on new gun legislation.

Pew says the findings in the survey of 1,010 adults aren't much different than findings from a similar poll taken in April. At that time, 45% of Americans said controlling gun ownership was important vs. 49% who picked the rights of gun owners. Pew also found that attitudes about gun laws did not change significantly after the January 2011 shooting rampage in Tucson or the 2007 Virginia Tech shootings.

More than six in 10 people, or 67%, said the shooting at an Aurora movie theater during the premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, the latest Batman movie, was an isolated act of someone troubled. Twenty-four percent said the shooting reflected "broader problems" in society. The poll was taken Thursday through Sunday. It has a margin of error of +/-3.6 percentage points.

Source

Can you say tyranny?

Can you prove that statement or is that something you heard on AM radio?

Let me respond this way. Depending on whose numbers you believe, there are between 220 – 360 million privately owned guns in America. There are an estimated 85 million guns owners in America. Gun sales are skyrocketing right now. Currently at an all time high. Two major gun manufactures (S&W and Ruger) recently had over a million gun backorder and had to suspend new orders. The top selling type of gun is the small (almost pocket size) 9MM pistols, followed by AR15 semi-auto rifles (read assault rifle).

It doesn’t much matter if you or I don’t like it. Guns are selling like hotcakes. Also, the gun laws trend is currently to allow more guns rights rather than further restrict it. Almost every State has enacted some form of the castle law, almost every State has some form of Conceal Carry License, Some States have open carry and other States are considering open carry.

I concede that some politicians want to restrict assault rifles. ban high capacity magazines and further restrict where people can carry guns. At the moment it doesn’t look like any legislation on this will pass.

So get used to it. For good or bad, Americans love their guns. Also, all the information I provided can be found with a few Google searches.

Well, guess we gonna have to put up with more shootings...

Your rules will never stop crazy motherfuckers from doing crazy things. It's what they do. Be vigilant, be prepared. Live every day like it was your last, whatever works for you. Just stop infringing on my right to conduct my life in a way that doesn't hurt anyone else nor involve taking what doesn't belong to me.

Concealed carry permits on the increase...
:eusa_shifty:
Ten More States Allow Concealed Carry Permits Within Last 10 Years
August 7, 2012 – The number of states issuing concealed carry permits has increased by 10 in the past 10 years, according to a report issued by the U.S. Government Accountability Office on July 17.
The number of shall-issue states increased from 29 in June 2002 to 39 by March 2012, and the number of states that do not require a permit to carry a concealed weapon increased from one in June 2002 to four in March 2012. The number of may-issue states dropped, however, from 13 in 2002 to 10 in 2012. In the 2012 breakdown of concealed carry gun permits, the GAO counts four states – Alaska, Arizona, Rhode Island, and Wyoming - in two categories, “so the total number of states and the District of Columbia adds to 55 in this analysis,” the GAO explained. “Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming do not require permits but are considered shall-issue, and Rhode Island provides may- and shall-issue authority,” the report said. “Rhode Island law provides for two mechanisms for obtaining a permit: the Rhode Island Attorney General has ‘may-issue’ authority to issue permits under R.I. Gen. Laws 11-47-18, and cities and towns have ‘shall-issue’ authority, with limited discretion, to issue a permit under R.I. Gen. Laws 11-47-11,” the GAO added.

May-issue means the state “applies discretion in granting permits to carry concealed handguns. Shall-issue means that “issuing authorities are required to issue a permit to an applicant that fulfills the objective statutory criteria if no statutory reason for denial exists.” The number of states that do not issue concealed carry permits has dropped from seven and the District of Columbia in June 2002 to one and the District of Columbia in March 2012. No-issue states do not allow residents or nonresidents to carry concealed handguns, and permit not required states do not require a permit to carry a concealed handgun. In 2002, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, and Wisconsin were no-issue states, along with the District of Columbia. In 2012, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, and Wisconsin changed to shall-issue states. Illinois and the District of Columbia are no-issue states when it comes to concealed carry and do not recognize other states’ permits.

In 2002, Vermont was the only state that did not require a permit to carry a concealed weapon. By 2012, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming joined Vermont in not requiring residents to obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun. “As of March 2012, 39 of the 48 states that issue permits and Vermont allow concealed carry, and recognize permits from other states,” the GAO wrote. “Of the 48 states that issue permits, 22 states’ laws allow for authorities to issue only to residents of their state, while 26 allow for issuance to both residents and nonresidents. State laws allow issuing authorities to issue permits to nonresidents in 10 of these 26 states on a limited basis,” the GAO wrote. “For example, the issuing authorities in California may issue permits to nonresidents whose principal place of employment or business is within the state,” the GAO added.

MORE

Can you say tyranny?

Oh it will be addressed, with this latest onslaught of violent attacks of innocent people, they have to do something about it. She's right, wait until after the election.

62% want gun laws enforced, but I don't think they know there are no background checks or limits online, in many gun shows, and in several states...
Hogwash.
No matter what state you live in, there's a background check.
No matter what gun show you go to, when you buy from a dealer, there's a background check.
No matter where you buy on-line, before you can pick up your gun from the dealer facilitating the transfer, there's a background check.

If this control exists, how can you but 6,000 rounds online?

Can you say tyranny?

Oh it will be addressed, with this latest onslaught of violent attacks of innocent people, they have to do something about it. She's right, wait until after the election.

Yes something has too be done, get rid of the politicians that support gun control.
The only way to get support for gun control is to create a crisis, a lot of mass shootings..

Granny says fergit gun control - what we really need is ammo control...
:cool:
Obama and Romney Do Not Change Course Over Outcry on Gun Violence
July 23, 2012 - President Obama and his challenger, Mitt Romney, echoed each other in embracing the role of national grief counselor in the wake of the deadly rampage in Colorado last week, offering stirring words of condolence and comfort.
But neither has responded to calls for a renewed debate over how to prevent gun violence. Asked on Sunday whether Mr. Obama favored new gun control initiatives, his spokesman, Jay Carney, twice said the main focus of the president — who four years ago called for an assault-weapons ban — was to “protect Second Amendment rights.” “He believes we need to take steps that protect Second Amendment rights of the American people but that ensure that we are not allowing weapons into the hands of individuals who should not, by existing law, obtain those weapons,” Mr. Carney said on Air Force One as the president flew to Colorado to meet with survivors of the mass shooting. “If he had said almost anything else it would be used in a fund-raising appeal by the N.R.A.,” said Representative Earl Blumenauer, Democrat of Oregon. “There are very few political leaders that think there is any opportunity in a constructive way to do something in this political climate.”

For his part, Mr. Romney reiterated Monday that he saw no need to renew the federal ban on assault weapons that expired in 2004. “I still believe that the Second Amendment is the right course to preserve and defend and don’t believe that new laws are going to make a difference in this type of tragedy,” Mr. Romney told CNBC. Both candidates have supported gun control in the past, but their views shifted as Americans have backed away from stricter gun laws, and both men have felt a political sting from earlier positions. Mr. Obama’s remark in 2008 that rural voters “cling to guns or religion” wreaked political damage on him four years ago, exposing him to charges of elitism. Mr. Romney, as governor of Massachusetts, signed a ban on assault weapons and quadrupled the fee for gun licenses — positions used to attack him in the primary race and pry away support by the Republican base.

Representative Peter T. King, a New York Republican who favors a federal ban on the type of assault weapon used in the shooting in Aurora, Colo., in which 12 people died and 58 were wounded, said even lesser gun control measures had no future in Congress. “The political reality is at this point the American people have made the decision that gun control is ineffective, that people have the right to have weapons, and the government can’t be trusted and they’d rather trust themselves with a gun,” Mr. King said. Surveys show support for gun control has never been lower. An annual Gallup poll of the issue in October last year found that for the first time, a majority, 53 percent, opposed a ban on semiautomatic guns, or assault rifles, and a record low 26 percent favored banning handguns. Support for stricter laws were down in all subgroups, with 64 percent of Democrats favoring stricter laws, 37 percent of independents and 31 percent of Republicans.

The reason gun control is seen as a political loser in both parties, said Adam Winkler, a Second Amendment expert at the University of California, Los Angeles law school, is that while few advocates of restrictions are single-issue voters, many opponents will vote and donate money based on the issue. “Romney doesn’t want to offend the base he needs to turn out,” said Mr. Winkler, who wrote a book last year, “Gunfight,” about the political battle over gun rights. “Obama doesn’t want to offend the swing voters who might base their vote on the right to bear arms.”

MORE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZrFVtmRXrw]Chris Rock -- Bullet Control (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Exactly political expediency trumps the onslaught of violent attacks of innocent people.

Forum List

Back