Sen Coburn: a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor

How is something factual borderline racist? Is it racist to point out that Obama is an African american (which he isn't)? Is it racist to point out that blacks get preferential treatment in school acceptance, scholarships, and jobs?
No, it is the truth.
Why do you hate the truth?

:lol::lol::lol: What is he then? Half-black-American? You cons are a riot. Thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

His mother was white, his father a black African. That would make him half-black, half white, mixed race or (to use an old term) mulatto.
But he isn't black like Jesse Jackson is black, or Clarence Thomas.

Very True, But it doesn't change the fact that he is the worse president in American History. What fuckin dope.

Blues

This will be typical. The right will deflect with some shit without ever addressing what this fucking nut said. Same thing, different republican.

This will be typical. The right will deflect with some shit without ever addressing what this fucking nut said. Same thing, different republican.

You mean like democrats are addressing drug smuggling and gun running?

:eek:

Republican Sen Tom Coburnon Tues told a reporter from the Tulsa World, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor", referring to his disgust with the debt ceiling vote. The remark was delivered at an event in OK. At another point, a man asked Coburn whether Obama wants to destroy America. Coburn responded by saying that Obama is a bright man, but, "as an African-American male," he received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

So, not only did Coburn make extremely questionable remarks (especially considering the recent attack on Rep Giffords) about bringing guns to the Senate floor; he also managed to make some borderline racist remarks regarding Obama. Nice one, Tom. :clap2:

Tom Coburn Blasts Congress Over Debt Ceiling Deal, Makes Controversial Remarks About Obama

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) blasted Congress for America's financial troubles and predicted that the debt ceiling agreement would unravel this fall, calling his congressional colleagues "career elitists" and "cowards" at an event in Langley, Oklahoma on Tuesday.

"It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor," Coburn said, according to the Tulsa World.

The remark comes just weeks after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Congress to vote in favor of raising the nation's debt ceiling, seven months after she was shot in the head by a gunman in Tucson, Ariz.

In response to a man who asked whether President Barack Obama "wants to destroy America," Coburn also managed to both defend and insult the president, calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

Obama's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him," Coburn said.

"...make extremely questionable remarks..."

* Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”
Who said that? - Atlas Shrugs

Like the way they are all in context. Reminds me of a speech I saw Obama give. In the speech, he said, "Republicans keep saying, "I will raise your taxes". I happened to turn to Fox and they announced that Obama had "made a promise". Then they played the SAME clip but left out, "Republicans keep saying". I've found that Republicans have a certain honestty and a certain morality only they have.

:eek:

Republican Sen Tom Coburnon Tues told a reporter from the Tulsa World, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor", referring to his disgust with the debt ceiling vote. The remark was delivered at an event in OK. At another point, a man asked Coburn whether Obama wants to destroy America. Coburn responded by saying that Obama is a bright man, but, "as an African-American male," he received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

So, not only did Coburn make extremely questionable remarks (especially considering the recent attack on Rep Giffords) about bringing guns to the Senate floor; he also managed to make some borderline racist remarks regarding Obama. Nice one, Tom. :clap2:

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

Like the way they are all in context. Reminds me of a speech I saw Obama give. In the speech, he said, "Republicans keep saying, "I will raise your taxes". I happened to turn to Fox and they announced that Obama had "made a promise". Then they played the SAME clip but left out, "Republicans keep saying". I've found that Republicans have a certain honestty and a certain morality only they have.

What are you most upset about.

The fact that they did it?

Or they took a page from dem playbook?

Wait a second. Isn't Sen Coburn the guy who wants to cut health care benefits for retired Veterans? I do believe so. A real Republican. One people can trust.

Good for you, cock-itch. Now kindly go fuck yourself. Thank you.

That was a "borderline" insult....

Lameness oozes from you...

Did you just criticize me for insulting you after you just insulted me? What an asshole. No wonder I told you to go fuck yourself.

No, I criticized you for being a flip-flopping dumbfuck....

"borderline racist"....:lol:

Keep it coming... It's quite amusing....lol

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

How is something factual borderline racist? Is it racist to point out that Obama is an African american (which he isn't)? Is it racist to point out that blacks get preferential treatment in school acceptance, scholarships, and jobs?
No, it is the truth.

When you put down other people for no other reason than their color, that is racism.

When you place yourself as a better person because of your color, you again have racism.

Whether or not it is true that people of color receive assistance is besides the point. From the article, that is exactly what Senator Coburn was doing.

Immie

What are you most upset about.

The fact that they did it?

Or they took a page from dem playbook?

No, Republicans have been masters of the shell game for decades. Look at what they did to Acorn.

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

No, it is the truth.

When you put down other people for no other reason than their color, that is racism.

When you place yourself as a better person because of your color, you again have racism.

Whether or not it is true that people of color receive assistance is besides the point. From the article, that is exactly what Senator Coburn was doing.

Immie

Fair enough, But when the opposition has already labeled you, The deed is free.

So put me down in the I dont give a fuck who it offended column,

No, it is the truth.

Immie

"The deed is free"? Not sure what you mean by that statement.

Your down in that column.

I know nothing about Coburn except for this remark. I'm not saying that he is a racist but if you ask me he should apologize for it, not that it will do him a damned bit of good. He shall feel the wrath of liberal "tolerance" for a long, long time.

Immie

I agree with Senator Oil Patch.

It is a good thing he can't bring a gun to the Senate floor.

I especially like how he held up the healthcare bill for the 9/11 first responders.

He is a piece of shit.

:lol::lol::lol: What is he then? Half-black-American? You cons are a riot. Thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

His mother was white, his father a black African. That would make him half-black, half white, mixed race or (to use an old term) mulatto.
But he isn't black like Jesse Jackson is black, or Clarence Thomas.

crying.gif

490.gif

smiley-laughing025.gif

:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol:

Well, you know. White men never did give up the right to determine what makes a real black person or not. Remember the "one drop" rule? Wasn't exactly black people who came up with that one.

Immie

I know nothing about Coburn except for this remark. I'm not saying that he is a racist but if you ask me he should apologize for it, not that it will do him a damned bit of good. He shall feel the wrath of liberal "tolerance" for a long, long time.

Immie

Ive read many of your posts and you have my respect. But I disagree, but then I have always been a kick the table over kind of guy. If the truth hurts, have them take some advil.

Yeah... That's all analagous to Coburn's remark... :cuckoo:

idiot.

That was a "borderline" insult....

Lameness oozes from you...

Did you just criticize me for insulting you after you just insulted me? What an asshole. No wonder I told you to go fuck yourself.

Your incessant deflecting is quite amusing, but what I find even more amusing is your deflection of choice - the fact that I went from saying "borderline racist" to "racist". That's all you can come up with. You can't defend Coburn, so you attack me for daring to criticize him. I'm not surprised. You're a con. That's what cons do. But enough already with the "borderline racist" shit. Get over it. You're being a whiny little pussy. Now, again, kindly go fuck yourself.

The African in Obama did give him a tremendous advantage. There is nothing racist in saying that. It's a fact. The only thing racist about it is tge fact it exists, and the tremendous advantage exists because of Lefties.

Ahh yes of course, everyone knows being black in this country serves as a tremendous advantage in becoming a politician or high society in general.

Good gawd you people are getting dumber.

Immie

Ive read many of your posts and you have my respect. But I disagree, but then I have always been a kick the table over kind of guy. If the truth hurts, have them take some advil.

The feeling is mutual and the same goes for The Rabbi.

As for disagreeing with me, well, what fun would this site be if we always agreed?

But, can you tell me what the phrase "the deed is free" means?

Immie

Your incessant deflecting is quite amusing, but what I find even more amusing is your deflection of choice - the fact that I went from saying "borderline racist" to "racist". That's all you can come up with. You can't defend Coburn, so you attack me for daring to criticize him. I'm not surprised. You're a con. That's what cons do. But enough already with the "borderline racist" shit. Get over it. You're being a whiny little pussy. Now, again, kindly go fuck yourself.

I've already said the comment wasn't racist, but watching you flip-flop over it is ROFL funny....:rofl:

Now you're whining like a little girl about it, JoseFuck....lol

Seriously, this is some funny shit....:lol:

ZOMG - Coburn said the words "African-American"...:eek:

You racists crack me up sometimes... Thanks for the laughs, JoseFuck....:thup:

Forum List

Back