Sen Coburn: a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor

No, I criticized you for being a flip-flopping dumbfuck....

"borderline racist"....:lol:

Keep it coming... It's quite amusing....lol

Your incessant deflecting is quite amusing, but what I find even more amusing is your deflection of choice - the fact that I went from saying "borderline racist" to "racist". That's all you can come up with. You can't defend Coburn, so you attack me for daring to criticize him. I'm not surprised. You're a con. That's what cons do. But enough already with the "borderline racist" shit. Get over it. You're being a whiny little pussy. Now, again, kindly go fuck yourself.

I've already said the comment wasn't racist, but watching you flip-flop over it is ROFL funny....:rofl:

Now you're whining like a little girl about it, JoseFuck....lol

Seriously, this is some funny shit....:lol:

ZOMG - Coburn said the words "African-American"...:eek:

You racists crack me up sometimes... Thanks for the laughs, JoseFuck....:thup:

Jesus H Christ you're a fucking moron. How is going from "borderline racist" to "racist" a flip flop? Going from "not racist" to "racist" would be a flip flop. But that's not what I did. Is that too hard for you to understand? And anyway, last time I checked, this thread isn't about me. It's about Coburn's remarks. My opinion doesn't invalidate the entire thread. So, yeah, in the OP I said "borderline racist", but now say "racist". You got me, champ. What a big boy you are. Now run along to bed.

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

How is something factual borderline racist? Is it racist to point out that Obama is an African american (which he isn't)? Is it racist to point out that blacks get preferential treatment in school acceptance, scholarships, and jobs?
No, it is the truth.
Why do you hate the truth?

When you put down other people for no other reason than their color, that is racism.

When you place yourself as a better person because of your color, you again have racism.

Whether or not it is true that people of color receive assistance is besides the point. From the article, that is exactly what Senator Coburn was doing.

Immie

Bullshit.
He was not puttiing down Obama for his color. He was not setting himself up as better because he was white and Obama isn't.
He was pointing out a simple truth: that black people get preferential treatment in our society and Obama would have been the recipient of such treatment.
Nothing racist about it.

How is something factual borderline racist? Is it racist to point out that Obama is an African american (which he isn't)? Is it racist to point out that blacks get preferential treatment in school acceptance, scholarships, and jobs?
No, it is the truth.

When you put down other people for no other reason than their color, that is racism.

When you place yourself as a better person because of your color, you again have racism.

Whether or not it is true that people of color receive assistance is besides the point. From the article, that is exactly what Senator Coburn was doing.

Immie

Bullshit.
He was not puttiing down Obama for his color. He was not setting himself up as better because he was white and Obama isn't.
He was pointing out a simple truth: that black people get preferential treatment in our society and Obama would have been the recipient of such treatment.
Nothing racist about it.

Except Obama never had Affirmative Action. He took out student loans and paid them off like I did.

Like George Bush did when his father called in favors to get his academically "challenged" son into Harvard over thousands of people more qualified who could pay.

Or like John McCain whose father and grandfather were both admirals. John McCain graduated 5th from the BOTTOM out of a class of 899. Fifth from the bottom. There is the bottom of 899 and then go up 5 (the number of digits on a normal hand) and there was John McCain. Even worse than "academically challenged".

Do Republicans crawl for rich people so much, they defend this behavior?

Immie

Bullshit.
Nothing racist about it.

Except Obama never had Affirmative Action. He took out student loans and paid them off like I did.

Like George Bush did when his father called in favors to get his academically "challenged" son into Harvard over thousands of people more qualified who could pay.

Or like John McCain whose father and grandfather were both admirals. John McCain graduated 5th from the BOTTOM out of a class of 899. Fifth from the bottom. There is the bottom of 899 and then go up 5 (the number of digits on a normal hand) and there was John McCain. Even worse than "academically challenged".

Did you see his college or law school transcripts?
ANd 5th from the bottom at a military academy means he's probably in the top 89% of Americans.

No, it is the truth.

Immie

Bullshit.
Nothing racist about it.

Bullshit. He was putting down the entire African-American population and by that he was stating that white people were better than they.

Are you sure there is nothing racist about that?

In fact, your second sentence:

Says that very thing. So, it sounds to me like you too think he was being racist.

Immie

Immie

Bullshit.
Nothing racist about it.

Bullshit. He was putting down the entire African-American population and by that he was stating that white people were better than they.

Says that very thing. So, it sounds to me like you too think he was being racist.

Immie

Maybe he has a point. It is his admin that lowers standards even though the test material was given out in advance.

Then we have a slew of teachers cheating for their student due to laziness.

This admin blocked non partisan positions for a town because blacks wouldnt know how to vote without a D on the ticket.

Hard to ignore concrete evidence.

Immie

Bullshit.
Nothing racist about it.

Immie

He was putting down the entire black race by pointing out the truth, that blacks get preferential treatment in many areas of our society?
Really?
So the truth is now racist?

Bullshit.
Nothing racist about it.

Immie

He was putting down the entire black race by pointing out the truth, that blacks get preferential treatment in many areas of our society?
Really?
So the truth is now racist?

I can't help it if you cannot see what is written as plain as day right in front of your face even when you are writing the very same things I am saying.

If what you say is true, then why the hell say what he said? It was a waste of breath to just say it because it is true. It was said with the clear intention of putting down black people because they have benefited from Affirmative Action as if they should not take advantage of those programs.

Immie

Immie

Bullshit.
Nothing racist about it.

Maybe. But they definitely hate black people that much.

How can anybody see where his life has taken him, hear him speak, see what he's accomplished, and assume his success is due to affirmative action? Magna cum Laude, just like his wife.

When I say Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin's combined IQ's couldn't get them a job at Wendy's, people are all up in arms. "You don't get to be governor or congresswoman unless you're SMART!" Yeah, well. Same is true for POTUS.

Although that certainly doesn't explain GWB.

Like the way they are all in context.

Ah, context..

{"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun," Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. "Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I've seen Eagles fans."

Read more: Obama Flashback: 'If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun'... - President Obama - Fox Nation
}

You're such a fucking partisan hack.

Immie

So then, when leftists speak of "white privilege," that is racism.

oh oh no no n no - that's different because, um because uh SARAH PALIN IS STUPID.

Leftists - fucking hypocrites since Andrew Jackson created the trail of tears.....

Ahh yes of course, everyone knows being black in this country serves as a tremendous advantage in becoming a politician or high society in general.

Cynthia McKinny sure the fuck couldn't be in politics if she were white... Nor could Sheila Lee Jackson. Being black DOES give people a tremendous advantage in leftist politics.

Good gawd you people are getting dumber.

IRONY ALERT!!!!

That's just fucking stupid.

Pointing out that institutional racism provides advantage isn't "putting down the entire African-American population."

What the fuck is wrong with you pandering assholes?

Seriously...

Immie

So then, when leftists speak of "white privilege," that is racism.

oh oh no no n no - that's different because, um because uh SARAH PALIN IS STUPID.

Leftists - fucking hypocrites since Andrew Jackson created the trail of tears.....

You think I'm a leftie? Well, you would be right in the fact that I am left handed.

Yes, I think leftists may be racist when they speak of "white privilege" depending on the context of how the message is said. I don't think that anytime a white person points out the advantages that minorities receive under AA are racists because they speak about it either. I think it depends on context there as well. In this case, I believe Sen. Coburn's context was racist.

Have you ever seen me say that Sarah Palin is stupid? Actually, I like her. I won't vote for her because she is a member of the party elite, but I like her. I won't vote for her just as I won't vote for Obama or any of the Republican candidates because all of them put themselves and their party over the country. Also, she did not earn my vote in the 2008 election because she ran with that son of a bitch McCain. I voted third party then as I will this time around.

I like Michelle Bachmann as well, but she too represents the party and will not earn my vote.

Immie

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

Affirmative Action was not an effort to defeat racism, it was an effort to make the play field level for all protected classes.

:eek:

Republican Sen Tom Coburnon Tues told a reporter from the Tulsa World, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor", referring to his disgust with the debt ceiling vote. The remark was delivered at an event in OK. At another point, a man asked Coburn whether Obama wants to destroy America. Coburn responded by saying that Obama is a bright man, but, "as an African-American male," he received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

So, not only did Coburn make extremely questionable remarks (especially considering the recent attack on Rep Giffords) about bringing guns to the Senate floor; he also managed to make some borderline racist remarks regarding Obama. Nice one, Tom. :clap2:

Tom Coburn Blasts Congress Over Debt Ceiling Deal, Makes Controversial Remarks About Obama

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) blasted Congress for America's financial troubles and predicted that the debt ceiling agreement would unravel this fall, calling his congressional colleagues "career elitists" and "cowards" at an event in Langley, Oklahoma on Tuesday.

"It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor," Coburn said, according to the Tulsa World.

The remark comes just weeks after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Congress to vote in favor of raising the nation's debt ceiling, seven months after she was shot in the head by a gunman in Tucson, Ariz.

In response to a man who asked whether President Barack Obama "wants to destroy America," Coburn also managed to both defend and insult the president, calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

Obama's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him," Coburn said.

"...make extremely questionable remarks..."

* Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”
Who said that? - Atlas Shrugs

Nice play PC, a very effective Red Herring. The echo chamber is on the scent and the reprehensible comment by the Republican Senator has been redirected.

Immie

Affirmative Action was not an effort to defeat racism, it was an effort to make the play field level for all protected classes.

Oh? Good so we just discriminate against one class of people so that another class has super advantages and someday everything will be equal.

Screw that! I wasn't born with a frigging silver spoon in my mouth. I had to pay my own way through college. No one gave me anything except for loans that I paid back. I've been unemployed for 18 frigging months. I turned 50 during that time and now I find that when I get an interview that I am either over qualified or too damned old or both.

I can understand that other people have had it rough. That is not my frigging fault. But, since I'm not a part of some "protected class", I am just plain screwed. Screw that shit!

Immie

I believe what he said was racist. Prove my personal beliefs wrong. Go on. Try it. Maybe you'll be able to telepathically gain access to my mind.

I tried...

I keep getting this message:

404 Error - Not Found

I tried reading your mind. I keep getting this:
content deleted. ~elvis.

i totally believe that elvis deleted the content in dr house's mind.

years ago, however.

Forum List

Back