Sen Coburn: a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor

You think I'm a leftie? Well, you would be right in the fact that I am left handed.

You posted leftist demagoguery which states that to oppose institutional racism is racist.

Yes, I think leftists may be racist when they speak of "white privilege" depending on the context of how the message is said.

So, to recognize, acknowledge and discuss reality is "racist?"

Damn....

I don't think that anytime a white person points out the advantages that minorities receive under AA are racists because they speak about it either.

Only if they have an "R" after their name?

I think it depends on context there as well. In this case, I believe Sen. Coburn's context was racist.

What makes it "racist?" I mean, other than the "R" after Coburn's name?

Seriously, what, specifically is "racist" about acknowledging the fact that marking "African American" automatically increases your acceptance into academia?

What is racists, is even asking the race of applicants.

Have you ever seen me say that Sarah Palin is stupid?

It's the standard refrain of the left - if all else fails, call Palin stupid.

Also, she did not earn my vote in the 2008 election because she ran with that son of a bitch McCain.

That we agree on. Nothing would get me to cast a vote in favor of Open Borders McCain.

Affirmative Action was not an effort to defeat racism, it was an effort to make the play field level for all protected classes.

I rarely agree with you, but you are correct this time.

Affirmative Actions has nothing to do with defeating racism; it is designed to exact revenge for past wrongs from those who share the same skin color as the perpetrators of these earlier wrongs.

Leftists truly believe that two wrongs make a right.

Affirmative Action was not an effort to defeat racism, it was an effort to make the play field level for all protected classes.

I rarely agree with you, but you are correct this time.

Affirmative Actions has nothing to do with defeating racism; it is designed to exact revenge for past wrongs from those who share the same skin color as the perpetrators of these earlier wrongs.

Leftists truly believe that two wrongs make a right.

Many still hold generational guilt.

I just refuse to pack my bags for that guilt trip.

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

Oh? Good so we just discriminate against one class of people so that another class has super advantages and someday everything will be equal.

Screw that! I wasn't born with a frigging silver spoon in my mouth. I had to pay my own way through college. No one gave me anything except for loans that I paid back. I've been unemployed for 18 frigging months. I turned 50 during that time and now I find that when I get an interview that I am either over qualified or too damned old or both.

I can understand that other people have had it rough. That is not my frigging fault. But, since I'm not a part of some "protected class", I am just plain screwed. Screw that shit!

Immie

I'm not a member of a protected class either, but I have empathy for those who are and who have been passed over for employment or promotion because of their sex, age, skin color or other factors which the applicant cannot change. AA does not discriminate against 'white guys', per se. Of course there are instances where the person of color or the female is not the best candidate but is selected over the white guy; that occurs when the person selected is white too.

It is your fault that "other people have had it rough" if you don't agree that making sure the playing field is level is the right thing to do. If you vote for bigots, support bigots or simply ignore bigots you are part of the problem.

I competed throughout my career with protected classes; I won most of them but lost a few. To suggest I lost because of the color or sex of my competitor is silly; one learns from every experience and it's how one deals with disappointment that matters. Being bitter has consequences that rarely help.

I'm not a member of a protected class either, but I have empathy for those who are and who have been passed over for employment or promotion because of their sex, age, skin color or other factors which the applicant cannot change.

Then you should be demanding that the institutional racism of AA, which is the reason that people are passed over for employment and promotion due to skin color, be stopped.

I assume you will be doing so soon?

Ahh yes of course, everyone knows being black in this country serves as a tremendous advantage in becoming a politician or high society in general.

Cynthia McKinny sure the fuck couldn't be in politics if she were white... Nor could Sheila Lee Jackson. Being black DOES give people a tremendous advantage in leftist politics.

Good gawd you people are getting dumber.

IRONY ALERT!!!!

Oh, now being black gives one an advantage in LEFTIST politics. Just a couple of pages back, it was, being black in the US gives you an advantage in general. I see you like moving those goal posts. But it doesn't really matter how you clarify it. Either one is a ridiculous statement. If that's how your average Republican thinks, it just shows that the Republican base is really out of touch with reality.

Oh, now being black gives one an advantage in LEFTIST politics.

Yes, the right operates on a principle known as "merit," you really wouldn't grasp the concept.

Just a couple of pages back, it was, being black in the US gives you an advantage in general.

Care to quote MY statement on that?

Oh, you're just making shit up - such is the way of leftists....

You think I'm a leftie? Well, you would be right in the fact that I am left handed.

You posted leftist demagoguery which states that to oppose institutional racism is racist.

Yes, I think leftists may be racist when they speak of "white privilege" depending on the context of how the message is said.

Damn....

Seriously, what, specifically is "racist" about acknowledging the fact that marking "African American" automatically increases your acceptance into academia?

What is racists, is even asking the race of applicants.

Have you ever seen me say that Sarah Palin is stupid?

Also, she did not earn my vote in the 2008 election because she ran with that son of a bitch McCain.

That we agree on. Nothing would get me to cast a vote in favor of Open Borders McCain.

Not at all true. I said the context in which he made that statement was racist and it was.

Are you having reading comprehension problems these days? Context is the key.

I am as down on Republicans as I am on Democrats these days. Never said such a thing, and your insinuation that I have is bullshit.

Do I really need to link you to the dictionary definition of context? I can if you can't do it yourself.

Seriously, anytime someone indicates that they think they are better than another race because the other race can't or won't do for themselves, that is in my book racist.

BFD. Where have I ever said that shit?

Well, there are many reasons I don't like Leftie McCain. Honestly, I wish Sarah Palin had declined the invitation to run with McCain. I don't know all that much about her life before that decision, but I find it hard to believe that she could have made a bigger mistake than that.

I have lost my faith in our government. When I first registered to vote, I registered Democrat because my parents were (at least I thought they were not sure on my dad anymore) Democrat. When I became active, I realized that the Democrats stood for nothing I believed in and I switched to Republican. This happened somewhere in the first term of Ronald Reagan. Then after six years of Bush and what I considered to be actions that were not in favor of our Constitution, and there were many of those, I chose to leave the Republican Party. I will not support either party as long as I believe they and their candidates put party before country.

Immie

Oh? Good so we just discriminate against one class of people so that another class has super advantages and someday everything will be equal.

Screw that! I wasn't born with a frigging silver spoon in my mouth. I had to pay my own way through college. No one gave me anything except for loans that I paid back. I've been unemployed for 18 frigging months. I turned 50 during that time and now I find that when I get an interview that I am either over qualified or too damned old or both.

I can understand that other people have had it rough. That is not my frigging fault. But, since I'm not a part of some "protected class", I am just plain screwed. Screw that shit!

Immie

I'm not a member of a protected class either, but I have empathy for those who are and who have been passed over for employment or promotion because of their sex, age, skin color or other factors which the applicant cannot change. AA does not discriminate against 'white guys', per se. Of course there are instances where the person of color or the female is not the best candidate but is selected over the white guy; that occurs when the person selected is white too.

It is your fault that "other people have had it rough" if you don't agree that making sure the playing field is level is the right thing to do. If you vote for bigots, support bigots or simply ignore bigots you are part of the problem.

I competed throughout my career with protected classes; I won most of them but lost a few. To suggest I lost because of the color or sex of my competitor is silly; one learns from every experience and it's how one deals with disappointment that matters. Being bitter has consequences that rarely help.

BS. "making sure the playing field is level" is akin to... no, not even akin to, it is downright discrimination. Plain and simple fact. You cannot defeat racism by using racism and that is what you are doing.

I have hired people before. On of the very best choices was a black man. He didn't get the job because of his color. He got the job because of the way he presented himself with not only his resume but also during the interview. I didn't know that he would turn out to be as good as he was at what he did, but he did. And for the record, I would hire him again in a heart beat given the opportunity.

Immie

Oh, now being black gives one an advantage in LEFTIST politics.

Yes, the right operates on a principle known as "merit," you really wouldn't grasp the concept.

Just a couple of pages back, it was, being black in the US gives you an advantage in general.

Care to quote MY statement on that?

Oh, you're just making shit up - such is the way of leftists....

You're not calling me a thug or a fascist anymore. I wonder why? Actually, I understand why you don't call me a thug anymore. Because once you realized that I'm not a black guy (and I called you out on it and embarrassed you), you had to stop using the Republican dog whistle, "thug", to describe me. I can't figure out why you stopped calling me a fascist. Perhaps you realized what a dumb ass you sound like when you throw around labels like candy, with no realization as to what they actually mean. I doubt it, but just maybe.

You're not calling me a thug or a fascist anymore.

That's already established fact. Not necessary in every post.

Because once you realized that I'm not a black guy (and I called you out on it and embarrassed you),

So, you're on drugs right at this moment, huh?

You are a thug, you seek to intimidate others with the threat of branding them "racist."

The fact is though, it is your who are the racist.

Not at all true. I said the context in which he made that statement was racist and it was.

Well, let's look - shall we?

{Calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.}

So it's calling him "bright" that is racist?

Nah - WRONG, but not racist.

Hmm.

"an African-American male,"

Well, that's damned racist - he should have said that Obama was, uh, well..

Seriously, anytime someone indicates that they think they are better than another race because the other race can't or won't do for themselves, that is in my book racist.

Well yeah, I mean shit - he said that Obama is "an African-American male,"

Obviously that means that he thinks he's better than other races....

What could be more clear - the "R" after his name removes all doubt...

Sorry dude, I can't take you seriously when you post idiocy like this.

{Calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.}

WHERE is a claim of "superiority?" On what fucking planet does this say that Colburn is superior? What drugs do I need to use in order to see that saying "Obama can't or won't" do things for himself?

You're not calling me a thug or a fascist anymore.

That's already established fact. Not necessary in every post.

Because once you realized that I'm not a black guy (and I called you out on it and embarrassed you),

So, you're on drugs right at this moment, huh?

You are a thug, you seek to intimidate others with the threat of branding them "racist."

The fact is though, it is your who are the racist.

:lol::lol::lol: So, by calling Coburn a racist, I'm an intimidating thug? Boy, you sure have some thin skin. Do you ever leave the house, or do you just cower in a dark room, afraid of other's opinions?

Well, let's look - shall we?

So it's calling him "bright" that is racist?

Nah - WRONG, but not racist.

Hmm.

"an African-American male,"

Well, that's damned racist - he should have said that Obama was, uh, well..

Well yeah, I mean shit - he said that Obama is "an African-American male,"

Obviously that means that he thinks he's better than other races....

What could be more clear - the "R" after his name removes all doubt...

Sorry dude, I can't take you seriously when you post idiocy like this.

WHERE is a claim of "superiority?" On what fucking planet does this say that Colburn is superior? What drugs do I need to use in order to see that saying "Obama can't or won't" do things for himself?

I guess if you really believe that Sen. Coburn was calling him a bright man because Sen. Coburn considers him a very bright man and not as a deflection from what was really being said, then it is evident that there is little that can be said for you. Who the hell cares about whether or not Obama is a very bright man in this case? The point Coburn was attempting to make was that President Obama could not have gotten where he was (as Senator Coburn did) if he wasn't helped along the way. If you don't see that as being racist, I am completely shocked.

Coburn claimed superiority for himself because God knows Coburn didn't need help from anyone else to get where he is today. If you can't see that then I am sorry for you. Also, let me call it to your attention that you are the one who has repeatedly brought party into this discussion. I neither mentioned nor considered Senator Coburn's party. You did.

Immie

So, by calling Coburn a racist, I'm an intimidating thug?

Yawn.

You're a typical leftist thug, you use intimidation as the one tool in your belt.

You call Coburn a racist because he is an enemy of the party. You call anyone not in the party "racist" or other party approved epithets.

you're not clever, not poignant - you're just a thug.

C'est la vie.

So, by calling Coburn a racist, I'm an intimidating thug?

Yawn.

You're a typical leftist thug, you use intimidation as the one tool in your belt.

You call Coburn a racist because he is an enemy of the party. You call anyone not in the party "racist" or other party approved epithets.

you're not clever, not poignant - you're just a thug.

C'est la vie.

:lol::lol::lol: I'm a thug again. You're not too original, are you?

You're not too clever either. As far as I can tell, when you somebody posts or says something you don't like, all you do is call them fascists or leftists or the latest over-used and misguided label you got from Limbaugh.

I called Coburn a racist because he said what I believe to be a racist statement. That's not intimidation. That's my opinion. Go cower in your room, you whiny bitch.

Last edited:
I guess if you really believe that Sen. Coburn was calling him a bright man because Sen. Coburn considers him a very bright man and not as a deflection from what was really being said,

Coburn was being a politician. When Harry Reid speaks of Mitch McConnell as his "esteemed colleague," it doesn't mean the old mobster holds McConnell in esteem - but it isn't "racist."

The point Coburn was attempting to make was that President Obama could not have gotten where he was (as Senator Coburn did) if he wasn't helped along the way.

Really?

I wonder why he didn't say that then?

You know, because his saying that Obama has a penchant for government programs because he personally benefited from them is FAR more logical, and it is what he said, but it's not as fun as making shit up, adopting faux outrage and calling him RACIST...

If you don't see that as being racist, I am completely shocked.

I think you're more "nuts" than anything.

Forum List

Back