Sen Byrd 92 in serious condition

I wonder if the same people who are bashing Byrd are the same clowns who cried when people say they shouldn't say bad things about Cheney. Go figure, the hypocrites. :eusa_eh:

I'm sure West Virginianan's are prayin'. Especially since Sewage treatment plants and 10,000 other W.V. 'landmarks' that bear his name depend on it; thanks to pork and the federal taxpayers.

Get well soon, W.V., is counting on it!!!

Last edited:
Council of Conservative Citizens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out the CofCC, which supports white nationalism and white separatism. Bob Barr, Trent Lott, Haley Barbour, Mike Huckbee, among others are members or have spoken at their meetings. It's the new KKK.

Thank you, I have not heard of this group.

I went to their website and then to the "Statement of Principles" page. Here is the link:

Statement of Principles

Before I say anything, let me say that I have not read their website. Although I have read the Stmt of Principles highlights and I did read #8, quoted here:

(8) Cultural, national, and racial integrity. We support the cultural and national heritage of the United States and the race and civilization of which it is a part, as well as the expression and celebration of the legitimate subcultures and ethnic and regional identities of our people. We oppose all efforts to discredit, “debunk,” denigrate, ridicule, subvert, or express disrespect for that heritage. We believe public monuments and symbols should reflect the real heritage of our people, and not a politically convenient, inaccurate, insulting, or fictitious heritage.

I must say, I don't know what the hell they mean here. It could be interpreted as racist, but I'm not so certain that it is. I see nothing wrong with supporting the cultural and national heritage of the U.S. as that involves all aspects of our people or does it?. I have to hesitate with the "the expression and celebration of the legitimate subcultures and ethnic and regional identities of our people", as some of those terms need to be defined in the context they are being used edit: for instance, what do they mean "legitimate" are there any legal residents that are not considered "legitimate". If they support these things for all races in an equal manner, I don't see a problem with that at all. After all, why shouldn't people of different racial and cultural backgrounds be able to celebrate their heritage?

The wiki page is also disputed:

Council of Conservative Citizens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve the article or discuss these issues on the talk page.

* Its neutrality is disputed. Tagged since December 2009.
* Its factual accuracy is disputed. Tagged since December 2009.
* It may require general cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Tagged since December 2009.

Note: I'm not defending this group. I know nothing at all about them, but I won't take the Wiki site as proof in this case and not having read the entire SoP page or any of their articles, I'm only stating "first impressions"

Immie

Last edited:
I pray he is resting comfortably and will recover soon.

Immie

I wonder if these same people would show the same respect if Cheney or Bush were dying that they show for a former member of the KKK. I bet no. :)

Byrd isnt evil, he denouced racism decades ago but you would never know it by the way the right reacts.

Bush is evil and so is Cheney.

They lied us onto a war full well knowing Americans would die for those lies.

They set up a system where the energy barons wrote our energy policy and then hired inspectors who would fuck and suck the lobbiest of the corps instead of policing them.

These are cold hard facts proven by their own records.

I do not wish evil a long life.

Byrd is not evil , hes just old and frail.

The only liar here is you. You have no evidence Bush lied about anything. In fact we have 3 separate Congressional Investigations to prove he and Cheney did NOT lie. But you think if you keep saying it over and over some how it will become true.

Most racist southern Democrats, like Byrd, joined the republican party. Byrd remained a Democrat and apologized for his racism.

You have no evidence of that either. BUT IF YOU SAY IT ENOUGH PERHAPS SOMEONE MAY BELIEVE YOU.

Once again 80 percent of the Republican party supported civil rights, why would a racist join that party? DUMB FUCK.

I wonder if these same people would show the same respect if Cheney or Bush were dying that they show for a former member of the KKK. I bet no. :)

you said FORMER, which IS CORRECT plus he also said being a member was one of the biggest regrets and mistakes of his entire life....I believe him and take him at his word.

He was reared in a different era than any of us....

Plus good people make mistakes, when they change for the good, I REJOICE and praise God.
Not RGS though.

He still calls black people *******, ya he is not a racist. You liberals are blazingly stupid as fuck.

I still find it hilarious that the Democrats elected a member the KKK as their Senator, then they have the nerve to call others RACIST.:lol:

Don't people deserve forgiveness for their past indiscretions? As someone already pointed out, the man grew up in a much different time and he has publicly stated the regrets of his past. How long is too long to hold a grudge against someone? Don't forget that conservatives kept supporting Strom Thurmond up until he retired from the Senate at 99 years old and that guy ran for President under the banner of keeping racial segregation alive.

Don't people deserve forgiveness for their past indiscretions? As someone already pointed out, the man grew up in a much different time and he has publicly stated the regrets of his past. How long is too long to hold a grudge against someone? Don't forget that conservatives kept supporting Strom Thurmond up until he retired from the Senate at 99 years old and that guy ran for President under the banner of keeping racial segregation alive.

He still calls blacks *******, does that sound like he is repentant?

He still calls blacks *******, does that sound like he is repentant?

forgive him anyway.

you said FORMER, which IS CORRECT plus he also said being a member was one of the biggest regrets and mistakes of his entire life....I believe him and take him at his word.

He was reared in a different era than any of us....

Plus good people make mistakes, when they change for the good, I REJOICE and praise God.
Not RGS though.

He still calls black people *******, ya he is not a racist. You liberals are blazingly stupid as fuck.
Uh...no. And I've never seen you call a poster here out for calling someone a ******.

Hypocrite, much?

Not RGS though.

Uh...no. And I've never seen you call a poster here out for calling someone a ******.

Hypocrite, much?

You are a mental midget. I call racist out ALL the time on this board. But then you would need a second brain cell to realize that. Go fuck a sheep somewhere.

Byrd isnt evil, he denouced racism decades ago but you would never know it by the way the right reacts.

Bush is evil and so is Cheney.

They lied us onto a war full well knowing Americans would die for those lies.

They set up a system where the energy barons wrote our energy policy and then hired inspectors who would fuck and suck the lobbiest of the corps instead of policing them.

These are cold hard facts proven by their own records.

I do not wish evil a long life.

Byrd is not evil , hes just old and frail.

did you know you are one of the leaders in who is the most annoying poster in the USMB poll in the thread started on this.....know you can see why....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back