Sen Byrd 92 in serious condition

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Sen. Robert Byrd hospitalized in serious condition - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Sen. Robert Byrd, the longest-serving member of Congress, was admitted to a Washington-area hospital last week and is considered "seriously ill," according to a statement released today by his office.

Byrd, 92, was admitted to the hospital after "suffering from what was believed to be heat exhaustion and severe dehydration as a result of the extreme temperatures," according to the statement. "However, upon further examination by his doctors, other conditions have developed which has resulted in his condition being described as 'serious.' "

'

Wow so you feel sorry for a crotchety old former member of the KKK eh. Nice. I wonder how Obama feels about the man. :)

I bet the Democrats are secretly praying he dies. I am sure they are tired of him being around. After all that the Democrats were the original party of racism and people like Byrd are some of the last remaining reminders of their parties shameful past. Of course these liberals in here will try and tell you all the Racist southern Democrats that fought integration and the Civil right movement were actually republicans hiding in Democrat cloths though. That is the kind of Fantasy world they live in.

While the Republican party was born out of the Abolitionist movement before the Civil War. The Democrats have much less noble beginnings as a bunch of racist bigots :)

Last edited:
I pray he is resting comfortably and will recover soon.

Immie

I wonder if these same people would show the same respect if Cheney or Bush were dying that they show for a former member of the KKK. I bet no. :)

People can change, I have not seen any evidence of Cheney doing that but Bush is alright.

Byrd has worked long and hard for the Democrats, you should just shut up about the man, you know nothing but talking points.

Fool.

Immie

I wonder if these same people would show the same respect if Cheney or Bush were dying that they show for a former member of the KKK. I bet no. :)

People can change, I have not seen any evidence of Cheney doing that but Bush is alright.

Byrd has worked long and hard for the Democrats, you should just shut up about the man, you know nothing but talking points.

Fool.

I know you support a racist and a member of the Klu Klux Klan. Thanks for proving it again.

Immie

you said FORMER, which IS CORRECT plus he also said being a member was one of the biggest regrets and mistakes of his entire life....I believe him and take him at his word.

He was reared in a different era than any of us....

Plus good people make mistakes, when they change for the good, I REJOICE and praise God.

Fool.

I know you support a racist and a member of the Klu Klux Klan. Thanks for proving it again.

Move along old man, Byrd is dying, you can stop hating and lying about him so much now.

Jeezus, you are an enormous ass.

I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened. ”
— Robert C. Byrd

Immie

you said FORMER, which IS CORRECT plus he also said being a member was one of the biggest regrets and mistakes of his entire life....I believe him and take him at his word.

He was reared in a different era than any of us....

Plus good people make mistakes, when they change for the good, I REJOICE and praise God.

Me too. :)

And yet he still dropped the "N" word in his last televised interview. Yeah, he repented

Last edited:
Frankie is so cute. Bashing Byrd for something that happened 60 years ago, but has/had no problem with Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, Haley Barbour, and the Pauls.

Immie

I know there are some (maybe not any in this thread) who would be disgustingly rude regarding those two. In fact, there is a thread going on right now about VP Cheney being in the hospital and some of the disgustingly rude remarks have already been made.

However, it goes the same for conservatives. Not all of them but some may post disgustingly rude comments in this thread or maybe secretly jump for joy that Senator Byrd lays in a hospital in Washington very possibly dying as we discuss his former life and condemn him for his mistakes.

Immie

Immie

I know there are some (maybe not any in this thread) who would be disgustingly rude regarding those two. In fact, there is a thread going on right now about VP Cheney being in the hospital and some of the disgustingly rude remarks have already been made.

However, it goes the same for conservatives. Not all of them but some may post disgustingly rude comments in this thread or maybe secretly jump for joy that Senator Byrd lays in a hospital in Washington very possibly dying as we discuss his former life and condemn him for his mistakes.

Immie

And it's disgusting in both cases.

Forum List

Back