Sen Byrd 92 in serious condition

Like in Kennedy's case, I wish him a complete recovery and the realization that the senate is no place to spend his remaining time on earth.
Actually the only time I saw someone wishing for someone's death here was a left leaner, and it was John Murtha.

Don't people deserve forgiveness for their past indiscretions? As someone already pointed out, the man grew up in a much different time and he has publicly stated the regrets of his past. How long is too long to hold a grudge against someone? Don't forget that conservatives kept supporting Strom Thurmond up until he retired from the Senate at 99 years old and that guy ran for President under the banner of keeping racial segregation alive.

But he was a Republican, so that's okay.

Many Conservatives on here sadly have a double standard when it comes to Robert Byrd. They bashed Ted Kennedy before his corpse was even in the ground, but if you mention one thing about Dick Cheney the waterfall tears start rolling. It's a lack of consistency more than anything.

As for me personally, I wish to see no ill will befall any politician in this country.

Hope he gets better.

I hear that WV needs another R. Byrd bridge for the Robert B. thoroughfare which spans the R.B. reservoir.

Discrimination Against Whites

A few headlines on the CofCC site:

Once again, World Cup 2010 explodes myth of Negro superiority in sports.

Why the 1964 Civil Rights Act has been terrible for America!

To get Democrats to vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republicans stood on the floor of congress swearing that the act would not mandate racial quotas or so-called “affirmative action.” However, almost immediately after the bill was passed, it was used to create the Soviet Style EEOC. This grossly unconstitutional federal agency, staffed by [...]

Another politically correct NBC Miss USA pageant. Another affirmative action winner.

Principles> The first two are:

1) We believe the United States is a Christian country.
(2) We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people. We believe that the United States derives from and is an integral part of European civilization and the European people and that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character. We therefore oppose the massive immigration of non-European and non-Western peoples into the United States that threatens to transform our nation into a non-European majority in our lifetime. We believe that illegal immigration must be stopped, if necessary by military force and placing troops on our national borders; that illegal aliens must be returned to their own countries; and that legal immigration must be severely restricted or halted through appropriate changes in our laws and policies. We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races.

Last edited:
Discrimination Against Whites

A few headlines on the CofCC site:

Once again, World Cup 2010 explodes myth of Negro superiority in sports.

Why the 1964 Civil Rights Act has been terrible for America!

To get Democrats to vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republicans stood on the floor of congress swearing that the act would not mandate racial quotas or so-called “affirmative action.” However, almost immediately after the bill was passed, it was used to create the Soviet Style EEOC. This grossly unconstitutional federal agency, staffed by [...]

Another politically correct NBC Miss USA pageant. Another affirmative action winner.

Principles> The first two are:

1) We believe the United States is a Christian country.
(2) We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people. We believe that the United States derives from and is an integral part of European civilization and the European people and that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character. We therefore oppose the massive immigration of non-European and non-Western peoples into the United States that threatens to transform our nation into a non-European majority in our lifetime. We believe that illegal immigration must be stopped, if necessary by military force and placing troops on our national borders; that illegal aliens must be returned to their own countries; and that legal immigration must be severely restricted or halted through appropriate changes in our laws and policies. We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races.

We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races.

Like I said, I hadn't read all of it.

Must say I am not impressed with what I have seen of the organization. It appears to be a racist organization hiding behind the conservative banner. That does not make all conservatives racists.

I oppose Affirmative Action as well. Not for the same reasons they do, but because I believe it encourages strife among the races. That does not mean that I think races that struggle to get good educations and/or jobs should not be assisted in getting them or that companies should get away with discriminating in their hiring practices. It means that I believe A.A. causes a lot of the racial strife that we see in America today. It breeds anger on both sides.

Immie

Last edited:
Don't people deserve forgiveness for their past indiscretions? As someone already pointed out, the man grew up in a much different time and he has publicly stated the regrets of his past. How long is too long to hold a grudge against someone? Don't forget that conservatives kept supporting Strom Thurmond up until he retired from the Senate at 99 years old and that guy ran for President under the banner of keeping racial segregation alive.

Many Conservatives on here sadly have a double standard when it comes to Robert Byrd. They bashed Ted Kennedy before his corpse was even in the ground, but if you mention one thing about Dick Cheney the waterfall tears start rolling. It's a lack of consistency more than anything.

As for me personally, I wish to see no ill will befall any politician in this country.

And I believe it was TOm DeLay who lost his job over his comments. So who has the double standard now?
Ted Kennedy was a womanizer, drunk, and killer. Yet Democrats loved him, even though his personal life was 100% the opposite of how he voted. Had he been a Republican he would have been hounded out of office, like Bob Packwood.
Dick Cheney is an honorable man with many years of public and private service. The Left hates him because...well, they dont have a good reason. They just know they ought to.

And I believe it was TOm DeLay who lost his job over his comments. So who has the double standard now?
Ted Kennedy was a womanizer, drunk, and killer. Yet Democrats loved him, even though his personal life was 100% the opposite of how he voted. Had he been a Republican he would have been hounded out of office, like Bob Packwood.
Dick Cheney is an honorable man with many years of public and private service. The Left hates him because...well, they dont have a good reason. They just know they ought to.
You know damn well why Dick Cheney is hated by Americans. But that's another thread.

Honorable :rofl:

I'll tell you why I hate Dick Cheney. He's the quintessential chickenhawk ... all about sending our men and women into battle while making sure it was never his own ass in the firing line.

It makes sense that you would find that honorable.

You know damn well why Dick Cheney is hated by Americans. But that's another thread.

No, actually I don't. The only reason is that he happened to be VP during Bush's tenure and anything connected with Bush=BAD for the left. Maybe that and the fact that he had private sector experience in creating jobs.

I'll tell you why I hate Dick Cheney. He's the quintessential chickenhawk ... all about sending our men and women into battle while making sure it was never his own ass in the firing line.

But you're cool with Biden (5 deferments) and Obama?

But you're cool with Biden (5 deferments) and Obama?

Joe is a chickenhawk but while Joe Biden and the rest of the country were waking up to how bad Iraq was Dick Cheney and his minions were finding new ways to redefine torture. Biden is an idiot and it amazes me that he even knew how to get a deferment, it's hard to picture that guy being able to plan a day to the beach let alone a failed war strategy. Obama didn't serve and was against the invasion of Iraq so unless you think they are hiding his Desert Storm draft deferments in the same place they keep his Kenyan BC bringing him up is simply your ODS kicking in.

But Obama was for the invasion of Afghanistan, sending even more troops on a suicide mission to that place before he decides to pull the plug next July.
Or did you forget that part?

But Obama was for the invasion of Afghanistan, sending even more troops on a suicide mission to that place before he decides to pull the plug next July.

Show me where he ducked out of serving then campaigned for war or STFU.

I got no problem with anybody who was for the invasion of Afghanistan.

Did Obama serve in the military? No. He didnt need ROTC scholarship money because the Saudis were paying his tuition.
Was Obama for the invasion of Afghanistan? Yes.

So you have no problem with Bush/Cheney, right?

Did Obama serve in the military? No. He didnt need ROTC scholarship money because the Saudis were paying his tuition.
Was Obama for the invasion of Afghanistan? Yes.

So you have no problem with Bush/Cheney, right?
The Saudis paid Obama's tuition? Link?
It was Bush Jr. who was photographed walking hand in hand with, and kissing a Saudi Prince.

Forum List

Back