Seattle vs Jacksonville

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
OK...OK... The Seahawks have a great defense. They lead the NFL YPG at an average of 230 YPG and passing defense at 113 YPG. Amazing! They are second in the NFL in point differential with 31 points in two wins with only the Broncos better at 40 points.

That said they need to score more points. OK they don't NEED to score more points but it would be nice for the stats.

Enter Jacksonville .... At Century Link it is almost unfair...no.... sick ....for the worst team in the NFL to come and play football.

I'm thinking that this will be a great opportunity for the Seahawk offense to go crazy and just score on the Jags at will.. Maybe upwards of 50 points. The Jags will be LUCKY to get a single field goal.

Wilson needs a great day to get his QB rating up over a hundred. Right now he is like 96 plus.

The defense needs to take the ball away from Jacksonville at least 6 times to give Wilson lots of chances to throw and run for TDs.

Go Hawks!

If I was a Jaguars fan I don't think I will want to watch this game. Unless you are the type that slows down and gawks at car wrecks on the freeway. You sick fuckers.

OK...OK... The Seahawks have a great defense. They lead the NFL YPG at an average of 230 YPG and passing defense at 113 YPG. Amazing! They are second in the NFL in point differential with 31 points in two wins with only the Broncos better at 40 points.

That said they need to score more points. OK they don't NEED to score more points but it would be nice for the stats.

Enter Jacksonville .... At Century Link it is almost unfair...no.... sick ....for the worst team in the NFL to come and play football.

I'm thinking that this will be a great opportunity for the Seahawk offense to go crazy and just score on the Jags at will.. Maybe upwards of 50 points. The Jags will be LUCKY to get a single field goal.

Wilson needs a great day to get his QB rating up over a hundred. Right now he is like 96 plus.

The defense needs to take the ball away from Jacksonville at least 6 times to give Wilson lots of chances to throw and run for TDs.

Go Hawks!

If I was a Jaguars fan I don't think I will want to watch this game. Unless you are the type that slows down and gawks at car wrecks on the freeway. You sick fuckers.

Either Seattle is going to absolutely destroy the Jags, or it's going to be a surprising game like the first week against Carolina.

Go Hawks!

Either Seattle is going to absolutely destroy the Jags, or it's going to be a surprising game like the first week against Carolina.

The Jaguars have yet to score a touchdown in the 2013 season. If they score even one against our defense it will definitely be a surprise...especially for them. But as they say.."any given Sunday".. :lol:

The Seattle sports radio stations are being especially brutal on the Jags this morning. Nothing but bullitin board material. I would imagine the team from Florida is getting REAL steamed! My guess is that thier bullitin board is the size of a billboard.

Bring it Jaguars !!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In the media's top 3 nfl power rankings that came out today Seattle went from #3 in two of them to #1 and in the third #3 to #2(Broncos are #1 in that poll). The Jags have a solid grip on #32 in all three polls.

Is it fair that the #32 team must travel all the way across the country and play in the most difficult place to suit up in the nfl against possibly the best team in the nfl?

Should Goodell step in and declare the game now for Seattle and save Jacksonville unthinkable pain and embarrassment?

There is just something so wrong about this matchup. It's like sending in Carrot Top into the ring against Mike Tyson in his prime. It's just not right. :(

It will be hard to watch this game on so many levels.

I'm not the kind that slows down to "get a better look" when encountering a wreck on the freeway.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks have made it clear that they need to step it up on offense. RW has stated that he will be tightening up those spirals and he will be more on target than in the last two games.

We are all witness to what happens when the Seahawks offense decides to "bring it" as evidensed by the 150 point 3 game splurge late last season.

You can take that "official" 19.5 point spread, top ten all time nfl, that Vegas has given this contest and throw it out the window. When on his game Wilson has demonstrated that three touchdowns can be accomplished in less than one quarter let alone the constraints of a 60 minute football game.

The ONLY possible limiting factor appears to be any good will Carroll harbors for his former Defensive Co-Ordinator.

My advice.... Take the points...Take the OVER! Take it to the bank.

Last edited:
Seattle will make the point spread....27-6 and I will take the under.

Pete Carroll is widely recognised as a players coach. He works real hard getting his group to buy in to his mindset. The best reward for that kind of loyalty is to let his stallions run and take advantage when ever and where ever they can.

You can say he ran up the score blah...blah...blah... So what!

Most NFL players have performance clauses in thier contracts. These guys get paid and get bigger contracts based on what they did on the field.

When some freash meat gets thrown thier way it would be a travesty to not let em eat it up and lick the plate.

My money says that Pete will let his boys score as much as humanly possible and get all the turnovers they can wrestle loose and pick out of the sky.

Carroll will need these guys to follow him straight through the gates of hell this season as his campaign proceeds towards the stated goal which is to win the NFC West, win home field advantage in the playoffs and ultimately the Super bowl.

The team has not been shy about expecting to achieve these goals.

OK...this may be in reality just a practice game for Seattle. The Jags are playing with a backup QB and have already lost thier only star player to injury...thier best running back.

This is the kinda game where you pull out all the stops and let the boys get thier numbers.

Gus Bradley will just have to man up and take it on the chin. I predict a total blowout.

Seahawks 50 plus

Jaguars 0

Like anybody REALLY has any interest in watching the hawks play against one of the top 5 worst teams in the NFL.:lol:

I really don't care about this game, and the only way it could be interesting is if the Hawks lose and that ain't gonna happen.

So, who cares this is a below average game this weekend.

Seattle should exit week 3 with a 3-0 record. I don't see how the Jags can win with so many of thier starters sitting on the bench. All this game represents is for the Seahawk players and team to pad stats. It is highly likely that Jacksonville will not score at all. If that happens it will cement Seattle's defense as BY FAR the best in the league and as Skippy Bayless and ESPN put it.."On a whole nother level" than the rest of the NFL. Another benefit to the Hawks is with a sizeable lead Seattle can play all the second stringers for much of the game and add to thier already substantial depth of experience which will pay off bigtime later in the season as inevitable injuries occur.

The INTERESTING game will be the Colts at SF. We will see right off the bat if the Cleveland trade of Richardson helps the Colts.

If the 9ers lose that will come back to haunt SF later in the season big time. I don't see SF winning both this game AND Thursday's game against the Rams. Losing even one of these matchups will put the 9ers in a difficult position to repeat as NFC West champs.

It doesn't help the 9ers to have thier best linebacker, Aldon Smith, to get arrested for DWI a couple of days ago. It shows how desperate Jimmy Harbaugh is that he is letting his disgraced defensive leader play. It wasn't long ago that Jimmy was railing against Carroll for having substance abuse problems and letting cheaters play. Lasat year Harbaugh suspended a player charged with the same offense. Apparently this year not so much. Obviously Jimmy is a hypocrite ...and desperate to make up for his team's loss in Seattle.

Seattle should exit week 3 with a 3-0 record. I don't see how the Jags can win with so many of thier starters sitting on the bench. All this game represents is for the Seahawk players and team to pad stats. It is highly likely that Jacksonville will not score at all. If that happens it will cement Seattle's defense as BY FAR the best in the league and as Skippy Bayless and ESPN put it.."On a whole nother level" than the rest of the NFL. Another benefit to the Hawks is with a sizeable lead Seattle can play all the second stringers for much of the game and add to thier already substantial depth of experience which will pay off bigtime later in the season as inevitable injuries occur.

The INTERESTING game will be the Colts at SF. We will see right off the bat if the Cleveland trade of Richardson helps the Colts.

If the 9ers lose that will come back to haunt SF later in the season big time. I don't see SF winning both this game AND Thursday's game against the Rams. Losing even one of these matchups will put the 9ers in a difficult position to repeat as NFC West champs.

It doesn't help the 9ers to have thier best linebacker, Aldon Smith, to get arrested for DWI a couple of days ago. It shows how desperate Jimmy Harbaugh is that he is letting his disgraced defensive leader play. It wasn't long ago that Jimmy was railing against Carroll for having substance abuse problems and letting cheaters play. Lasat year Harbaugh suspended a player charged with the same offense. Apparently this year not so much. Obviously Jimmy is a hypocrite ...and desperate to make up for his team's loss in Seattle.

After the very embarrassing lost to Dallas, the Rams maybe up at home against the 9ers.
Now that Smith has been suspended maybe the Rams can get their running game going that's if they have a running game with the injury to Daryl Richardson (again).

After the very embarrassing lost to Dallas, the Rams maybe up at home against the 9ers.
Now that Smith has been suspended maybe the Rams can get their running game going that's if they have a running game with the injury to Daryl Richardson (again).

Before Sunday's kickoffs I was thinking that even if SF made it past the Colts with Richardson they would stumble in St Louis. If they lose to the Rams on Thursday they are almost certainly NOT going to repeat as NFC West champs.

Go Hawks !!!

Like anybody REALLY has any interest in watching the hawks play against one of the top 5 worst teams in the NFL.:lol:

I don't know for sure, what's your team?

It used to be Rams when they were in LA.I would stick with them no matter what year after year back then no matter how horrible they were.Now with all these teams moving and changing uniform colors and players leaving free agency,i jump around.right now it is the Hawks because Im a huge fan of Carrol and Wilson.But i wasnt about to watch a team that pretty much every team in the league is going to beat up on.I want to see a team that will give the hawks a run for their money like carolina did.

It used to be Rams when they were in LA.I would stick with them no matter what year after year back then no matter how horrible they were.Now with all these teams moving and changing uniform colors and players leaving free agency,i jump around.right now it is the Hawks because Im a huge fan of Carrol and Wilson.But i wasnt about to watch a team that pretty much every team in the league is going to beat up on.I want to see a team that will give the hawks a run for their money like carolina did.

The Rams have the same basic uniform in St Louis as they did in LA. Before the Seahawks became, I always rooted for the Rams in LA. The fearsome foursome was my favorite by far.
No team has a say in who they play, you just take the draw and live with it.

The Rams have the same basic uniform in St Louis as they did in LA. Before the Seahawks became, I always rooted for the Rams in LA. The fearsome foursome was my favorite by far.
No team has a say in who they play, you just take the draw and live with it.

Your ex first team gonna finish SF's chances to repeat as NFC West champs in week 4. Take it to the bank ...or your hairdresser .... or your fashion designer.... :lol:

Your ex first team gonna finish SF's chances to repeat as NFC West champs in week 4. Take it to the bank ...or your hairdresser .... or your fashion designer.... :lol:

The Rams won't beat the 9ers in less they play better than they did last week.

It's all in the match ups. Da Rams just match up very well against the 9ers. Just as Seattle has built a team to first beat SF because they were emerging as the NFC West champs the last couple of years ..So have the Rams focused on the 9ers. You build your team to win against the strength of your division or you will never win your division. It's really that simple.

Now if you have a genius like John Schneider, Seattle's GM, you expand that mission to build a team that not only can beat the strength of your division...you fashion an Offense, Defense and Special Teams to generically excell against many likely strong opponents defenses, offenses and special teams. For instance even though we almost beat Atlanta in the playoffs with an historic offensive 2nd half display those last 30 seconds that Atlanta used to get within FG range were unacceptable so a lot of what the Seahawks did in the off season was to find players that could put more preasure on ANY team and prevent that kind of last second big yardage plays. The result is that NOW the Seattle defense isn't just the defensive scoring leaders as we were last season...we lead in passing defense and overall yardage defense as well. This improvement is no accident. We also lead the NFL in turn over ratio at net plus 6 takeaways which is also no accident as the Seahawks have designated a whole days practice to that very subject... I E "Takeaway Thursdays".

Forum List

Back