Todays NFL games

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
Who ya got and score.

28-17. Rams

35-24. Cowboys.

Rams look great now that Stanford is back and McVay knows Goff better than anyone else they have faced.

The difference in J Love’s play from Sept to now has been nothing short of amazing. He’s an entirely different player which makes me think the Packers could pull off the upset which I wouldn’t be surprised if they do but in the end I think Dallas at home against an ok Packers defense wins out.

I just hope todays games are entertaining and there are no blowouts.

Who ya got and score.

28-17. Rams

35-24. Cowboys.

Rams look great now that Stanford is back and McVay knows Goff better than anyone else they have faced.

The difference in J Love’s play from Sept to now has been nothing short of amazing. He’s an entirely different player which makes me think the Packers could pull off the upset which I wouldn’t be surprised if they do but in the end I think Dallas at home against an ok Packers defense wins out.
I think that the Rams mediocrity on defense will expose them today. The Lions rank 3rd in offensive yards per game just behind the 49ers and the Dolphins.

Also looking at coaching, I believe that Dan Campbell has a clear advantage over Sean McVay.
Lions by 7.

The way that Jordan Love is currently playing could be the difference in who wins, however the Cowboys have been tough to beat at home.

Cowboys by a field goal.

Last edited:
I think that the Rams mediocrity on defense will expose them today. The Lions rank 3rd in offensive yards per game just behind the 49ers and the Dolphins.

Also looking at coaching, I believe that Dave Campbell has a clear advantage over Sean McVay.
You think Campbell is a better coach than McVay? Interesting. McVay's been to 2 SB's winning 1.
Lions by 7.

The way that Jordan Love is currently playing could be the difference in who wins, however the Cowboys have been tough to beat at home.

Cowboys by a field goal.

You think Campbell is a better coach than McVay? Interesting. McVay's been to 2 SB's winning 1.
Overall, at this point in time, I think that Campbell is a better coach. He's only been in Detroit for 2 seasons, however his credibility as a former player and his connection with the players have been the difference IMO.

McVay of course has been coaching the Rams for 7 years, and IMO most the success that he has had was attributed far more to individual players talent than what he has contributed in leadership to make them a cohesive team.

Admittedly, I've never been a Ram fan, so to a degree I'm biased.

Overall, at this point in time, I think that Campbell is a better coach. He's only been in Detroit for 2 seasons, however his credibility as a former player and his connection with the players have been the difference IMO.

McVay of course has been coaching the Rams for 7 years, and IMO most the success that he has had was attributed far more to individual players talent than what he has contributed in leadership to make them a cohesive team.

Campbell has done a good job as head coach but McVay has a better track record.

Overall, at this point in time, I think that Campbell is a better coach. He's only been in Detroit for 2 seasons, however his credibility as a former player and his connection with the players have been the difference.

McVay of course has been coaching the Rams for 7 years, and as recently as 2022 the team had imploded, and he was by some accounts on the verge of quitting.
Campbell has done a good job as head coach but McVay has a better track record.

I'm the first to admit that I'm biased. But I think Mcvay has a better track record because he has been around for more seasons and been the beneficiary of some better overall talent..
As recently as 2022, the Rams had imploded. and Mcvay was doubting himself and considering quitting. The presence of Cooper Kupp and Puka Nakua has gone a long way in his redemption and the team being where they are now.

McVay went to a SB in his second year..... The year prior to him getting there they were 4-12. His first year they went 11-5, then 13-3 and a SB trip. Within 5 years he won a SB. Im not seeing it

HC adv Rams
QB adv Rams
Def wash to adv Rams (McVay knows Goff far better than Campbell or anyone on the Detroit staff knows Stafford)
La Porta is out/limited
WR's is probably a wash
RB is probably a wash
OL adv Lions

They are playing indoors so the Detroit weather wont play a factor.

Home field to the Lions.

Rams have won 7 of their last 8 their only loss to the Ravens in OT
Det has won 5 of their last 8 but have played the Bears twice, Minny on their 4th string QB, Denver and the Saints.

Oddsmakers and bettors expecting high scoring in DET at 53 pts over under. Both teams have some running. Rams finally found some guy RB Williams won 7 of last 8.

I am not sure who will win but, all of this makes me like the UNDER. Like the DAL DETgame that just happened.

Oddsmakers and bettors expecting high scoring in DET at 53 pts over under. Both teams have some running. Rams finally found some guy RB Williams won 7 of last 8.

I am not sure who will win but, all of this makes me like the UNDER. Like the DAL DETgame that just happened.
53 does seem high. But it's indoors and neither team has a great Defense so....

Top Consensus Picks​

Totals
MatchupDateConsensusTotalPicksIndepth
NFL
lar.gif
LAR
det.gif
DET
Sun. Jan. 14
8:15 pm ET
66 % Over
34 % Under
Details
NFL
gb.gif
GB
dal.gif
DAL
Sun. Jan. 14
4:30 pm ET
62 % Over
38 % Under
Details
NFL
phi.gif
PHI
tb.gif
TB
Mon. Jan. 15
8:15 pm ET
54 % Under
46 % Over
Details
NFL
pit.gif
PIT
buf.gif
BUF
Mon. Jan. 15
4:30 pm ET
53 % Under
47 % Over
Details

most are betting OVER on both games today. Big money was 62% over (not much different). The conspirator in me says Oddsmakers don’t lose so they will get to the refs to keep both games Under? Slyly keep the clock running early on.

It can be painful to watchif you are on OVER and zebra Calls back a pick6 with “block in the back” or “holding”.

wow. I hate to think stuff like that could go on.

Last edited:
Who ya got and score.

28-17. Rams

35-24. Cowboys.

I should want this match up. Stafford against the Lions. But I'm scared. Really. But, it will be fun. This is why we love the game. I hope to come back here and cheer after the Lion's win their first playoff game since the year before Goff was born. Fuck Stafford. The Rams were a one and done team. Built to win it one year. BUT, Aaron Donald was going to retire last year but decided to come back one more year. So perhaps they still have what it takes to win another one. Or at least upset the Lions today. Glad it's in Detroit. But I suspect Stafford is going to have a good day.

GOD I hope Ancelone and Hutchenson rush him all day and make his life hell. Come on lord.

Cowboys should defeat the Packers, I expect the Rams to beat the Lions.
That's 2 who expect the Lion's to fail. Clearly we haven't shaken off our bad reputation yet. If it's Aaron Rogers playing the Rams in Lambo or NY would you be picking the away team? Nope. It's Detroit's history or past that you are betting on. SOL Same Old Lions.

God I hope you are wrong. That's all we are asking for is one playoff win. I'll be okay if we lose in the next round I swear. LOL

Most of those babes on NFL Channel are smoking hot, made up in 6” spike heels, sexy outfits in wintertime lol!

I don’t like to listen to them? The shrill melodic cadence with every fith word emphasized. Ooppps my knuckles are bleeding from dragging on the cement.

Last edited:
That's 2 who expect the Lion's to fail. Clearly we haven't shaken off our bad reputation yet. If it's Aaron Rogers playing the Rams in Lambo or NY would you be picking the away team? Nope. It's Detroit's history or past that you are betting on. SOL Same Old Lions.

God I hope you are wrong. That's all we are asking for is one playoff win. I'll be okay if we lose in the next round I swear. LOL

Rebuilding for 57 years. If they don’t have turnovers, the Lions just showed the are as good as DAL. The RAMs defense is not as good as DAL, perhaps? DET needs to play “keep the ball” or go crazy and bomb away for 35pts. Lol!

when one team is not really superior? It is hard to predict. “It depends” 😁 home field and 2 good running backs helps. but LA has KuppAcuna. deeply sighing.

Last edited:

Last year's Packers against this year's Rams? I probably pick the Rams. What's the weather? Who's injured? Oh and Jared Goff isnt Aaron Rodgers.

Forum List

Back