Seahawks/Cardinals

Az. getting no respect. You get 10 pts. if you take'em today.

If it was the last game of the season it might be a good bet on a game that may very well be closer than ten points.

But it is not. Seattle still has something very important to play for and they will leave no doubt and nothing on the field in the first three qtrs. I don't see this game going well for AZ. Seattle should easily cover.

yeah that would be a good bet to take then the last game of the season when Carrol will probably rest all his starters including wilson but this game? get serious.:lol::lol:

Palmer has never faced that 12th man before in seattle.:lol::lol::lol:

QB Carlson Palmer, WR Larry Fitzgerald and WR Michael Floyd banged up.

This doesn't help AZ's chances in Seattle. Fitzgerald is being observed closely for symptoms of a concussion. Carlson has a re-occuring right elbow injury and Floyd an ankle injury. Palmer and Floyd are listed as questionable this week and Fitzgerald may not be allowed to play because of the concussion regiment all teams are abiding by recently.

Interesting.Maybe it WILL be another huge lop sided blowout again.:D

Yawn.....

It's Tuesday evening and Sunday seems an eternity away...

It's not the suspense... It's just the waiting...

Oh well..."Person of Interest" is on the tube in ten minutes... That'l kill an hour..

Go Hawks !!

Yawn.....

It's Tuesday evening and Sunday seems an eternity away...

It's not the suspense... It's just the waiting...

Oh well..."Person of Interest" is on the tube in ten minutes... That'l kill an hour..

Go Hawks !!

yeah thats the bummer about football always having to play the wait game.

Last edited:
This is big !!! Lane has an ankle injury. He is a VERY valuable player as one of the new guys that stepped up and into the secondary and maybe just as important as a gunner in punt coverage. Seattle has held opponents to something like 20 return yards TOTAL all season(the next best team is like at around 100 yards) and much of that success is due to Lane.

:eek:

That last I heard an announcer talk about it, the Seahawks had only given up 15 punt return yards on the season.

This is big !!! Lane has an ankle injury. He is a VERY valuable player as one of the new guys that stepped up and into the secondary and maybe just as important as a gunner in punt coverage. Seattle has held opponents to something like 20 return yards TOTAL all season(the next best team is like at around 100 yards) and much of that success is due to Lane.

:eek:

That last I heard an announcer talk about it, the Seahawks had only given up 15 punt return yards on the season.

True enough. That statement was made before the first Seahawk punt. I believe the Giants got a small handfull of return yards.

The question at this point obviously should no longer be will the seahawks be in the superbowl but the rational logical ones WOULD be asking the new question now of How many points will they win that game by or of course,who their opponent will be that they destroy from the AFC?:D

Last edited:
The question at this point obviously should no longer be will the seahawks be in the superbowl but the rational logical ones WOULD be asking the new question now of How many points will they win that game by or of course,who their opponent will be that they destroy from the AFC?:D

Because the team with the best record in the regular season, or even that plays the best in the regular season, always makes it to the Super Bowl....

In a one-and-done playoff system, anyone can win. ;)

Because the team with the best record in the regular season, or even that plays the best in the regular season, always makes it to the Super Bowl....

This is more like being a citizen of Rome waiting outside the Coliseum for the games to start and the home team is the Gladiators/Lions and the visiting team are the Christians.

Sure "technically" the Christians could win....but there is such an advantage for the home team that a positive outcome for the followers of Jesus is highly unlikely.

:lol:

So true, it's who is coming into their game. Baltimore did it last year, The giants have done it a couple times. It's been 10 years since the team with the best overall record has won the Super Bowl.

This is more like being a citizen of Rome waiting outside the Coliseum for the games to start and the home team is the Gladiators/Lions and the visiting team are the Christians.

Sure "technically" the Christians could win....but there is such an advantage for the home team that a positive outcome for the followers of Jesus is highly unlikely.

That would have been far more true when the Pats went 16-0....and we know how that turned out. :eusa_whistle:

That would have been far more true when the Pats went 16-0....and we know how that turned out. :eusa_whistle:

There could be a comparrison between the Pats 2007 team and the Broncos of 2013 to a degree. Brady threw for 50 TDs that season with only 8 ints. Manning has had similar success passing for yards and TD this year.

Looking back at the highlights of the Patriots remarkable season one thing stands out glaringly. Brady has HUGE pockets and TONS of time to get off his throws. The NE O-Line of that season was clearly the main reason for that team's success.

THEN they met up with a very good defense in the Giants. The Pats which rattled off over 36 points a game in the regular season could only muster 14 against the team from NY. Obviously Brady played like crap when his protection broke down. Likewise a few times this season the Broncos failed to give Manning the protection he needed and the results were several losses.

Many have suggested that the Pats of 2007 were the best NFL team of all time. I can't agree. They were one dimensional and that one trick pony was found out in that season's Superbowl. What they had IMHO was the best Offensive line providing the best pass protection of all time.

So how do the 2013 Seahawks compare? They do not. BUT what the Seahawks have that the Pats didn't are two things. Russell Wilson, who by the way is playing better in his second year than Brady ever dreamed of in his soph season, and maybe the most suffocating defensive secondary in history....combined with a very respectable pass rush with fewer bodies involved(some sacks have been accomplished with as few as three rushing defenders) than has ever had this much success allowing more pass coverage by linebackers.

Russell Wilson has not recieved any where near the pass protection of the 2007 team Brady enjoyed.

Still the Seahawks are 12-2 with the best record in the NFL with two games left to play and arguably could very well be undefeated if two plays this season had gone differently. Minus the blocked FG in Indy and the 51 yard run by Gore in SF and the Hawks could be 14-0 right now.

So I submit that this years Seahawks could have beaten Brady's 2007 team. Not that it would put this years Hawks any where near the best team ever.. but our defense is hand made to ruin a passing team's day. AND Wilson just has a knack for putting up enough points to win in any game.

I have little worry that my Hawks will win on Sunday...but let's fast forward to the Superbowl...if the Seahawks are so lucky to participate.

I predict the Seahawks would tear up the Broncos OR the Chiefs passing game and win going away.

There could be a comparrison between the Pats 2007 team and the Broncos of 2013 to a degree. Brady threw for 50 TDs that season with only 8 ints. Manning has had similar success passing for yards and TD this year.

Looking back at the highlights of the Patriots remarkable season one thing stands out glaringly. Brady has HUGE pockets and TONS of time to get off his throws. The NE O-Line of that season was clearly the main reason for that team's success.

THEN they met up with a very good defense in the Giants. The Pats which rattled off over 36 points a game in the regular season could only muster 14 against the team from NY. Obviously Brady played like crap when his protection broke down. Likewise a few times this season the Broncos failed to give Manning the protection he needed and the results were several losses.

Many have suggested that the Pats of 2007 were the best NFL team of all time. I can't agree. They were one dimensional and that one trick pony was found out in that season's Superbowl. What they had IMHO was the best Offensive line providing the best pass protection of all time.

So how do the 2013 Seahawks compare? They do not. BUT what the Seahawks have that the Pats didn't are two things. Russell Wilson, who by the way is playing better in his second year than Brady ever dreamed of in his soph season, and maybe the most suffocating defensive secondary in history....combined with a very respectable pass rush with fewer bodies involved(some sacks have been accomplished with as few as three rushing defenders) than has ever had this much success allowing more pass coverage by linebackers.

Russell Wilson has not recieved any where near the pass protection of the 2007 team Brady enjoyed.

Still the Seahawks are 12-2 with the best record in the NFL with two games left to play and arguably could very well be undefeated if two plays this season had gone differently. Minus the blocked FG in Indy and the 51 yard run by Gore in SF and the Hawks could be 14-0 right now.

So I submit that this years Seahawks could have beaten Brady's 2007 team. Not that it would put this years Hawks any where near the best team ever.. but our defense is hand made to ruin a passing team's day. AND Wilson just has a knack for putting up enough points to win in any game.

I have little worry that my Hawks will win on Sunday...but let's fast forward to the Superbowl...if the Seahawks are so lucky to participate.

I predict the Seahawks would tear up the Broncos OR the Chiefs passing game and win going away.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

excellent.well done.Notice that the troll cornered with these points he cant refute,that his mouth has frozen up?:lol::lol::lol:

Thats a very poor example using The cheatriots from that 16-0 regular undefeated season as well.

I remember back then there were a lot of idiots I ran into saying they thought the game would be a blowout.:cuckoo: I was like WTF? How on earth they could think the game would be a blowout was beyond me because of two things.

1.They played them in like the 14th week of the season in new york and they just BARELY beat them there by a field goal and yet people were saying it was going to be a blowout?:cuckoo::lol::lol:

2.The second half of the season they did not look good.They were beating their opponents but they did not look dominant in doing so like they did the first half of the season.

I picked the pats to win that game back then but unlike those other fools I spoke to saying it was going to be a blowout,I remembered that Giants game so while I did pick the pats to win the game,I picked them to win by no more than a field goal. I got the part of the game being won by a field goal right,just the part of who would win it wrong.:D

The Giants are the one team in the superbowl that Brady was snakebitten by.The only one where he could not work his magic in the last two minutes and come back and win against.

amen to that,Gives standing ovation.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

someone would have to be a fool to pick against the hawks winning it all this year as LONG as Wilson stays healty the rest of the stretch.

Just look at all the teams in the NCF,who is going to come in there in that pit of vipers for visiting teams in the postseason and win there,who? the saints,the niners,the panthers? get serious.:lmao:

and who is going to beat them in that pathetic weak AFC in the superbowl? the donkeys,the kc chumps,the cheatriots,the ravens who are not near as good this year as last year? good enough to get there since all the other teams are so weak in the AFC but they havent faced a team the likes of the Hawks yet. get serious.:lmao:

I dont make these predictions every year but THIS year its so easy its a laugh.
This team is just like the 1985 Bears,or the 1986 Giants,and the 1989 49ers.

Those teams it was so obvious by the 12th game of the season,those teams were going to go on and win the superbowl. I said the same thing about those teams by the 12 game of the season that Im doing with the seahawks now.Its their year,it should be so obvious to everuybody out there just like it was those years for the niners,Giants and Bears.:cuckoo:

Niners,and Giants and bears oh my.Lions and Giants,and bears oh my.:D

They were so dominant it was a no brainer.same with this Seahawks team this year. all the teams in the AFC are so weak its laughable to say they would have a prayer against the Hawks in the superbowl.:lol::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I said those years for those teams by the 12 game of the season back then they were going to go and win the superbowl. anybody who wants to bet against the hawks winning it all,better get ready to lose your money to your friends if your that stupid enough.:lol:

Last edited:
So if the Seahawks are that dominant, why have they lost two games this year?

Don't give me this crap about how it was only two plays....if they are that dominant, no single play could possibly decide a game.

I repeat : in a one-and-done playoffs, ANYONE can win it all. The fact that the top regular season team so rarely wins it all is clear evidence of that.

Seattle has been the best team this year, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them miss the Super Bowl again this year. I wouldn't bet against it, but it wouldn't be shocking. ;)

So if the Seahawks are that dominant, why have they lost two games this year?

Don't give me this crap about how it was only two plays....if they are that dominant, no single play could possibly decide a game.

I repeat : in a one-and-done playoffs, ANYONE can win it all. The fact that the top regular season team so rarely wins it all is clear evidence of that.

Seattle has been the best team this year, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them miss the Super Bowl again this year. I wouldn't bet against it, but it wouldn't be shocking. ;)

Anyone can lose it all as well. Looking at it this way favors the Seahawks as perhaps teams go into a one and done scenerio more desperately and if they fall behind early they may panic and go arial too soon which gives the Hawks a decided advantage and opportunity to pick off an int and REALLY run away with a game as the Hawks have shown a proclivity to do often in 2013.

Last edited:
Az. getting no respect. You get 10 pts. if you take'em today.

If it was the last game of the season it might be a good bet on a game that may very well be closer than ten points.

But it is not. Seattle still has something very important to play for and they will leave no doubt and nothing on the field in the first three qtrs. I don't see this game going well for AZ. Seattle should easily cover.

Let me be clear......I'm not picking Arizona. I just hung this post out here thinking Zander might bite! :lol:

The SeaPigeons need this game to lock up the #1 and it is a divisional game at home. If they do not crush the Cards, they are total failures.

My prediction: ARI 3, SEA 31

Last edited:
24 hours to kickoff....HFA...NFC WEST Champs... 1st game BYE... It's all there in front of us ..

Let's get it on......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0e55VDQNq8]Let's get it on - Marvin Gaye - With lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

3-3 at the half. AZ secondary coupled with a rare off game for Wilson has kept the game close. I have to tip my hat to the Cardinals. They came to play and play with heart.

A rare shanked FG by Hauschka and the Hawks would have scored TWICE as much as AZ. :lol:

I can't help but believe the Hawks offense doe not play this flat in the second period.

OOPS !! Second half kick off... :eek:

Later ...

2:13 left, the Cards get a td and a 2 point conversion, now lead the Seahawks by 7.

If the Cardinals hold on to win, I'll become a huge Rams fan next week, as it will still be possible for the Niners to take the division! :tongue:

2:13 left, the Cards get a td and a 2 point conversion, now lead the Seahawks by 7.

If the Cardinals hold on to win, I'll become a huge Rams fan next week, as it will still be possible for the Niners to take the division! :tongue:

Looks like you are going to be a huge Rams fan.

Surprising win.

Forum List

Back