Seahawks/Cardinals

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Cards lost at home 34-22 against a Hawk team playing crippled without three starting O-Linemen.

Seattle can wrap up the NFC ...HFA and a bye with this game. Wilson will not allow the Cardinals to blemish his unbeaten home string and in doing so will extend his personal NFL record of any first and second year QB in history winning total.

I doubt it will be like last year's 58 to nothing demolition but Russell may want to consider that he is only among the top three QBs in NFL history to throw for 50 TDs in thier first two years. I'm not sure how many TDs he must score to get the record... I'll look into it. Manning is one of them he threw for 52 in his first two years. Wilson is now at 50. Needs two to tie Manning with two games left. Marino was crazy good in his second year with 48 TDs and 68 for his first two years. I would say it is obvious his record is safe. Marino was blessed with two of the all time best WRs that ever played the game with Clayton and Duper. With just good but not great WRs Wilson has done faily well.

Last edited:
Az. getting no respect. You get 10 pts. if you take'em today.

If it was the last game of the season it might be a good bet on a game that may very well be closer than ten points.

But it is not. Seattle still has something very important to play for and they will leave no doubt and nothing on the field in the first three qtrs. I don't see this game going well for AZ. Seattle should easily cover.

Az. getting no respect. You get 10 pts. if you take'em today.

If it was the last game of the season it might be a good bet on a game that may very well be closer than ten points.

But it is not. Seattle still has something very important to play for and they will leave no doubt and nothing on the field in the first three qtrs. I don't see this game going well for AZ. Seattle should easily cover.

Let me be clear......I'm not picking Arizona. I just hung this post out here thinking Zander might bite! :lol:

QB Carlson Palmer, WR Larry Fitzgerald and WR Michael Floyd banged up.

This doesn't help AZ's chances in Seattle. Fitzgerald is being observed closely for symptoms of a concussion. Carlson has a re-occuring right elbow injury and Floyd an ankle injury. Palmer and Floyd are listed as questionable this week and Fitzgerald may not be allowed to play because of the concussion regiment all teams are abiding by recently.

Just an interesting side note stat....

Seattle is the only team in the NFL to not lose a game this season by more than a TD.

AT Indy... lost by 6.

AT SF ...lost by 2.

Every other team in the league has lost at least one game by more than 7 points.

I realise that this interesting fact has nothing to do with the game at hand.

Without Palmer, Fitzgerald and Floyd the Cards weren't going to put up any points anyway.

Yawn.....

It's Tuesday evening and Sunday seems an eternity away...

It's not the suspense... It's just the waiting...

Oh well..."Person of Interest" is on the tube in ten minutes... That'l kill an hour..

Go Hawks !!

Last edited:
The game will be close but Seattle will win. But I will take the points (10.5).
Arizona is a good team and much improved from the first meeting in Glendale and if people are looking for a blowout in Seattle and think the same thing will happen again, they may not be happy with the final score. Seattle by 9.

Fitzgerald May not play and Palmer didn't practice today.

Not much of a game if they don't play.

Palmer was in questionable for last Sunday's game but still played and lead his team to victory in OT.

I believe he was in a walking cast/boot when he left the field. Seattle has one of the best rushing D-Lines playing right now... ask Eli Manning to confirm that.

If Palmer cannot move around fluidly wihin the pocket and he only has backups to throw to he and his passing game are toast.

If Seattle can contain AZ's run game and Palmer is forced to throw under durress the Seattle secondary will smell blood in the water and the game will be an int fest resembling a school of piranha attacking a pig in the Amazon. Or those big ass crocodiles in the Nile.. or Great White sharks picking off young sea lions off of San Francisco.... OOOooooorrrrr... oh well you get the picture...

I hope our fans have the good sense to leave thier kids home for this one...

I believe he was in a walking cast/boot when he left the field. Seattle has one of the best rushing D-Lines playing right now... ask Eli Manning to confirm that.

If Palmer cannot move around fluidly wihin the pocket and he only has backups to throw to he and his passing game are toast.

If Seattle can contain AZ's run game and Palmer is forced to throw under durress the Seattle secondary will smell blood in the water and the game will be an int fest resembling a school of piranha attacking a pig in the Amazon. Or those big ass crocodiles in the Nile.. or Great White sharks picking off young sea lions off of San Francisco.... OOOooooorrrrr... oh well you get the picture...

Walking cast? I thought it was an elbow injury?

Walking cast? I thought it was an elbow injury?

Ya... he also has a brand new ankle sprain. He is REALLY banged up and listed as questionable to play. Word is he is a real trooper and they intend to play him anyway. This is AZs last and only chance to make it to the playoffs even with help. If they lose on Sunday a whole lot of good teams have to totally tank for them to get a sniff at a wild card. They still have a difficult row to hoe even if they win out against us AND SF. So they will play everyone that can draw breath. Seattle is as healthy as they have been all season. Our subs in the secondary have actually played better than the guys they replaced. Lane and Maxwell have stepped up like blue chippers.. Maxi has snatched three ints in the last two games. Stellar performances. Sherman and Thomas are playing as well as any in the NFL. Sherman league leader in ints was the NFC defensive player of last week.

Seattle's takeaway diff is plus 16... the next best teams are tied at 11.

Playing at home our defense are monsters. They swallow players whole and spit thier bones out on the field. It's sick how well the Hawk D plays at the Clink.

If this were in Arizona, at this point in the season, I'd give the Cards a chance.

As it is, despite Arizona needing this game more than Seattle, I'm going with the Seahawks by 10.

If this were in Arizona, at this point in the season, I'd give the Cards a chance.

As it is, despite Arizona needing this game more than Seattle, I'm going with the Seahawks by 10.

Smart. I will take Seattle by 9 but will take Arizona and the 10.5 point spread

I believe the spread will be covered by halftime. Even if the Cardinals can limp through two qtrs with all the injuries they have at critical key player positions the attrition and preasure will show in the second half.

Personally I like the Cardinals. They used to be my favorite team when I was a kid growing up. I personally knew Terry Metcalf. He was a close friend of my best friends brother when I was in high school. SOOoo... I have a hard time hoping they fail. Fortunately it is out of my hands because the Hawks are firing on all cylinders now and the Cards are hopelessly damaged coming into Century Link Field.

This game will be about two teams that have much on the table. It's do or die for AZ. It's do or do over next week for the Hawks. May as well get the job done now as later so Carroll can start preparing the team for the HFA run through the playoffs.

Seahawks 38

Cardinals 13

This is big !!! Lane has an ankle injury. He is a VERY valuable player as one of the new guys that stepped up and into the secondary and maybe just as important as a gunner in punt coverage. Seattle has held opponents to something like 20 return yards TOTAL all season(the next best team is like at around 100 yards) and much of that success is due to Lane.

:eek:

Cards lost at home 34-22 against a Hawk team playing crippled without three starting O-Linemen.

Seattle can wrap up the NFC ...HFA and a bye with this game. Wilson will not allow the Cardinals to blemish his unbeaten home string and in doing so will extend his personal NFL record of any first and second year QB in history winning total.

I doubt it will be like last year's 58 to nothing demolition but Russell may want to consider that he is only among the top three QBs in NFL history to throw for 50 TDs in thier first two years. I'm not sure how many TDs he must score to get the record... I'll look into it. Manning is one of them he threw for 52 in his first two years. Wilson is now at 50. Needs two to tie Manning with two games left. Marino was crazy good in his second year with 48 TDs and 68 for his first two years. I would say it is obvious his record is safe. Marino was blessed with two of the all time best WRs that ever played the game with Clayton and Duper. With just good but not great WRs Wilson has done faily well.

Yeah plus thats all the dolphins ever did was THROW the ball with Marino where the hawks run the ball half the time taking advantage of the talent of Lynch.

Yeah the Hawks will win this game easily but yeah it wont be a blowout like last years either because the cards have gotten better this year with Carson Palmer at the helm finally playing like the quarterback everybody thought he would be when drafted out of college.

Now that the cards finally got a quarterback now,unfortunately for us,next years game up in Arizona will be tougher for them to win there Hug. Im glad when we faced them before down in the desert,it was at the beginning when they were still working out the bugs on offense and Palmer hadnt gotten the hang of the offense yet.

Otherwise that game would be much more difficult for us to go down there and win now.same with st Louis. Good thing we got them then when we did on the road. Glad were playing them at home this time of the year. thise two teams will be more difficult to win against on the road next year.

Forum List

Back