School Staff JAILED for Not Reporting

I don't have to quit; it's not the law in my state. I remain flabbergasted that Florida teachers are to report any hearsay of sexual shenanigans between teenagers to CPS, or risk jail. AND furthermore, that conservatives condone this ("kangaroo courts").
No kangaroo court.

The law is clear as day.

"Any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is the victim of sexual abuse or juvenile sexual abuse shall report such knowledge or suspicion to the central abuse hotline, including if the alleged incident involves a child who is in the custody of or under the protective supervision of the department."

If a student tells you that THEY SAW A STUDENT COERCED INTO A SEXUAL SITUATION...that is reasonable cause to suspect that juvenile sex abuse is occuring. Period.

All you have to do is report that suspicion to THOSE WHO HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO INVESTIGATE.

This isn't rocket science. The state is RELEIVING you of the responsibility of investigating the claim.

It makes perfect sense.

No kangaroo court.

The law is clear as day.

"Any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is the victim of sexual abuse or juvenile sexual abuse shall report such knowledge or suspicion to the central abuse hotline, including if the alleged incident involves a child who is in the custody of or under the protective supervision of the department."

If a student tells you that THEY SAW A STUDENT COERCED INTO A SEXUAL SITUATION...that is reasonable cause to suspect that juvenile sex abuse is occuring. Period.

All you have to do is report that suspicion to THOSE WHO HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO INVESTIGATE.

This isn't rocket science. The state is RELEIVING you of the responsibility of investigating the claim.

It makes perfect sense.

If that is TRULY the Fl law, and not what I posted earlier, then I hope FL secondary teachers clog up the system reporting every single case they overhear like this. Someone grabbed their boob in the hallway; someone sent them dirty pics.

"Mandatory reporters" for that. Don't complain when teachers are the Stasi.

Right?

(PS--the point of this thread is that you DO NOT want teachers are Stasi. Yes?)

If that is TRULY the Fl law, and not what I posted earlier, then I hope FL secondary teachers clog up the system reporting every single case they overhear like this. Someone grabbed their boob in the hallway; someone sent them dirty pics.

"Mandatory reporters" for that. Don't complain when teachers are the Stasi.

Right?

(PS--the point of this thread is that you DO NOT want teachers are Stasi. Yes?)
Nope.

What I REALLY don't want is minors sexually assaulted.

In the OP there was CLEAR suspicion that a coerced sexual assault had occurred.

And after we saw the EXACT reason that laws like these are necessary...the administration swept the incident under the rug.

If there were less of that we wouldn't NEED these kind of laws.

But everyone wants to play Cover Your Ass...so they took the decision making out of your hands.

If there is a suspicion...you report it.

Simple as that.

And FUCK YES...if you hear someone grabbed a student inappropriately...report that.

It's not being the secret police...it is insulating you from conflict with your students.

Why do we think it was swept under the rug?

Try a news outlet that isn't so biased...

"CBS12 reported that one of the students involved is the child of one of the arrested employees."

You sure this is the hill you want to die on?

Nope.

What I REALLY don't want is minors sexually assaulted.

In the OP there was CLEAR suspicion that a coerced sexual assault had occurred.

And after we saw the EXACT reason that laws like these are necessary...the administration swept the incident under the rug.

If there were less of that we wouldn't NEED these kind of laws.

But everyone wants to play Cover Your Ass...so they took the decision making out of your hands.

If there is a suspicion...you report it.

Simple as that.

And FUCK YES...if you hear someone grabbed a student inappropriately...report that.

It's not being the secret police...it is insulating you from conflict with your students.

Because it always comes back to this:

NO ONE (who is sane) wants minors to be sexually assaulted. Not even teen to teen.

The point of this thread is: whose responsibility should it be to report teen to teen sexual assault? Why not the parents?

Forum List

Back