Not One 8th Grade Student From LeBron James' I Promise School Has Passed A Math Test Since 2020

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
  • Students from LeBron James' I Promise school seem to be struggling academically.
  • The 8th-grade class hasn't passed a math test in the last 3 years.
  • School board members from Akron, Ohio are concerned about the results.
One of LeBron James' greatest facets is his philanthropic nature. James has made a conscious effort to give back to his community.

Perhaps his most important project is the 'I Promise' school which provides education for underprivileged children from minority communities. But a recent story reveals some concerns about the school.

A recent report revealed that students from the 8th grade of the I Promise school have not passed the Ohio state math test in several years. One board member questioned how that could be possible, as it is highly unusual for children in their age group to have such poor results......"Not one? In three years?... It is discouraging."

It should be noted that the school's goal is to serve as an intervention for the lowest-performing students in the state, but this result is unusual.

On top of that, some of the largest demographics in their school are performing far below state levels. Akron, Ohio public school board president shared his concern too.

"For me as a board member, I just think about all the resources that we're providing. And I just, I'm just disappointed that I don't think, it doesn't appear like we're seeing the kind of change that we would expect to see."

Lebron James cannot fix the consequences of a failed fatherless community.

In other words, only a fool would think he could really accomplish something by just putting his name on a thing.

In before...."The tests are biased because they were created by white people". ;)

It should be noted that the school's goal is to serve as an intervention for the lowest-performing students in the state, but this result is unusual.

How are the lowest performing students doing in other Ohio schools?

After tests administered by the Northwest Evaluation Association, The New York Times reported that roughly 90% of its 240 inaugural students either met or exceeded their expected learning goals in both math and reading, making the school the district's most successful. Initially scoring in the lowest one-percentile in both fields, third and fourth graders respectively rose to the ninth and 16th percentile in reading, and to the 18th and 30th percentile in math. By the end of the school year, the school proved to be among the fastest growing performance-wise nationwide.

My nephew graduated from U. of Akron. Akron is a tough crime, with tough schools.

The kids might not know math when they get out, but they will know how to keister a shank so they can defend their lunch money and their dope stash.

Students at other schools like Groton don't acquire those skills.

“supported by the LeBron James Family Foundation, and specifically aimed at at-risk children. Opening with students attending grades three and four, the school will be fully operational by 2022, eventually teaching grades one through eight”

I Promise has only began teaching eighth graders since 2022
Seems they only have two years of results in math to look at.
Also, these are not students who have spent eight years at the school and were brought in late in their academic careers.

Lets give them a chance

Looks like another biased hit piece from Breitbart

Forum List

Back