School Staff JAILED for Not Reporting

I never said that the school should not notify the parents, nor even that they shouldn't notify the parents first, Notifying the parents is a completely separate thing, from the responsibility to notify law enforcement of a known or suspected crime.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my last post.

You are flat-out lying, in attributing to me, position that I have never taken. And this is how you are treating almost everyone else in this thread as well; not arguing against anything that anyone has actually said, but making up shit that you know damn well is false, and arguing against that. It's the model example of a straw man fallacy.

You have no will, and no desire to approach this argument from a position of honesty or reason.

Is this the sort of example that you set for your students? If so, then you really do not belong in that profession.

Okay then, see? That was easy. In this case, since the school staff are not mandatory reporters, there was no reason they shouldn't have notified the parents FIRST. And then in that case, the parents can be trotted off to jail if they don't notify police.

Okay then, see? That was easy. In this case, since the school staff are not mandatory reporters, there was no reason they shouldn't have notified the parents FIRST. And then in that case, the parents can be trotted off to jail if they don't notify police.

Except that the whole point of the news story at the start of this thread is that they were mandatory reporters, and failed to fulfill their duty as such.

Except that the whole point of the news story at the start of this thread is that they were mandatory reporters, and failed to fulfill their duty as such.

This thread is pages long on why they were NOT mandatory reporters. Mandatory reporters must report child abuse. This was not child abuse. Go back and read the thread where I have all the information posted, which made all the other posters disappear.

What happened between these teens may be assault and may be abuse if the accusations are true, but it's not CHILD abuse.

and the 'law' specifically states the parents should not be , especially if seen (or more likely framed) as the originator of the threat

I'm not insinuating, im openly declaring the law downright wrong

~S~
Still the law. The teacher has to report abuse, period. And based on the state, the agencies that are required. You are not the lawmaker. Keep voting for liberal Democrats and you get what you got.

Still the law. The teacher has to report abuse, period. And based on the state, the agencies that are required. You are not the lawmaker. Keep voting for liberal Democrats and you get what you got.

Except that it wasn't and is not, as I have detailed in this thread, and why this case will most likely get thrown out. School staff are mandatory reporters for CHILD abuse, and this didn't qualify. BTW, in the case of child abuse, we report to CPS or the equivalent, not the police.

Except that it wasn't and is not, as I have detailed in this thread, and why this case will most likely get thrown out. School staff are mandatory reporters for CHILD abuse, and this didn't qualify. BTW, in the case of child abuse, we report to CPS or the equivalent, not the police.
Why do you keep saying it didn't qualify? If it comes to your attention that a child is sexually assaulted, as a teacher you must report it to the authorities you are required to report it too. If you want to report it to the parents and the authorities say you can, then do it. Some of you seem to think you are above the law and you aren't. If you don't like the law, then work on having it changed.

The OP is just using this forum as a place to justify and excuse her quitting a job she obviously hates. She’s just trying to make an excuse for herself so when she does quit she can say but look at all of these things. Ridiculous.

I am 'we the people' Cougar

when legislature creates law that takes our rights away, "WE" have a legitimate b*tch

~S~
Never said you can’t say anything. But you can’t take the law into your own hands. You go through the Constitutional method of changing laws. Not just ignore them.

You get paid maybe $50K a year and if you make a misstep in one direction, jail for you. In another direction--leave the kids alone! What they do off school hours and off school time is not your business!

There is no winning here.
If you can't or refuse to follow the law...quit.

Why do you keep saying it didn't qualify? If it comes to your attention that a child is sexually assaulted, as a teacher you must report it to the authorities you are required to report it too. If you want to report it to the parents and the authorities say you can, then do it. Some of you seem to think you are above the law and you aren't. If you don't like the law, then work on having it changed.

There is no requirement in that case

The OP is just using this forum as a place to justify and excuse her quitting a job she obviously hates. She’s just trying to make an excuse for herself so when she does quit she can say but look at all of these things. Ridiculous.

Well, you're a supposed teacher with the username that you have. Who is on here many, many times right straight through a school day where you're supposed to be teaching. But of course, teachers who are not actually teachers would be like, "CHEER LEADING! IT'S ALL WONDERFUL!" while we are obviously in the worst blistering teacher shortage in a generation.

But carry on with your personal vendetta, whatever.

There is no requirement in that case
What makes you say that? It doesn’t matter who is doing the abusing. Statutory rape is statutory rape no matter what the age. Molestation of any kind by any age have to be reported by a teacher.

Here's the law in your state. Again, we are mandated reporters for CHILD ABUSE, and I wholeheartedly agree with that. Read up on what CHILD ABUSE is and is not. It is not allegations of assault between teenagers of the same age.

Why give the law in Missouri and not FLORIDA!!! which is the location of the OP?

Because it undermines your argument completely.

"Any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is the victim of sexual abuse or juvenile sexual abuse shall report such knowledge or suspicion to the central abuse hotline, including if the alleged incident involves a child who is in the custody of or under the protective supervision of the department."

Took 8 seconds to find.

If you can't follow the law, don't bitch, just quit.

Why give the law in Missouri and not FLORIDA!!! which is the location of the OP?

Because it undermines your argument completely.

"Any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is the victim of sexual abuse or juvenile sexual abuse shall report such knowledge or suspicion to the central abuse hotline, including if the alleged incident involves a child who is in the custody of or under the protective supervision of the department."

Took 8 seconds to find.

If you can't follow the law, don't bitch, just quit.

I don't have to quit; it's not the law in my state. I remain flabbergasted that Florida teachers are to report any hearsay of sexual shenanigans between teenagers to CPS, or risk jail. AND furthermore, that conservatives condone this ("kangaroo courts").

This thread is pages long on why they were NOT mandatory reporters. Mandatory reporters must report child abuse. This was not child abuse. Go back and read the thread where I have all the information posted, which made all the other posters disappear.

What happened between these teens may be assault and may be abuse if the accusations are true, but it's not CHILD abuse.
I weep for your students.

Forum List

Back