Sarah Palin, Fred Thompson show leadership, while Huckabee and Romney exude cowardice

I appreciate the pro-conservative sentiment, but the cold hard truth is that the middle of the bell-curve of voters are only slightly conservative. Palin is a good cheerleader, not a good leader. If you can't handle a Katie Couric interview you can't handle anything. Judge Roberts made the dems look like monkeys during his interview for the USSC, as a "supreme" needs to be, the best. For president we also need one of the best to "drive the bus". IMHO only Romney has the ability to comprehend the job of president. Obama is finding out the hard way...its easier to campaign than to govern effectively. He'll find out in-spades in 2010 and 2012.

Although, I do like Thompson's politics, I don't like his drive. He showed nothing in the primaries last year. Romney would be a better fit, especially with the economy, but his LDS religion may be a problem...not for me, but the left would attack it like white on rice.

Thompson does not have the drive to go for the jugular while Sarah cut her own.

Romney and Huckabee are more qualified for the national ticket than the other two.

You have to expect Sarah to show leadership. She knows people with "powers". Her pastor was able to save a village from "witches" and wove "spells of protection" around our dear Sarah. I wonder if he passed on some of this own personal magical powers.

If only we could get a "sorcerous" elected President. We could take over the world.

You have to expect Sarah to show leadership. She knows people with "powers". Her pastor was able to save a village from "witches" and wove "spells of protection" around our dear Sarah. I wonder if he passed on some of this own personal magical powers.

If only we could get a "sorcerous" elected President. We could take over the world.

Didn't you mean Soros?

Romney and Huckabee are smart in this instance. They aren't going to try and influence this election by saying they support a neocon. The 2012 Primary will come down to them and personally I think the Huckster will come out on top. I just don't see the Christian base of the GOP allowing a Mormon to get the nomination laying down. So even if Romney were to win, many in the Republican Party won't even vote for him.

Romney and Huckabee are smart in this instance. They aren't going to try and influence this election by saying they support a neocon. The 2012 Primary will come down to them and personally I think the Huckster will come out on top. I just don't see the Christian base of the GOP allowing a Mormon to get the nomination laying down. So even if Romney were to win, many in the Republican Party won't even vote for him.

Personally. I think that religion shouldn't even enter into the mix, but having said that....the LDS smear will come from the left, and it will be a constant drum beat from them if he should decide to run.

Personally. I think that religion shouldn't even enter into the mix, but having said that....the LDS smear will come from the left, and it will be a constant drum beat from them if he should decide to run.

Religion should never enter the mix, I agree. Go tell that to the majority of so called Conservatives who wouldn't vote for an Atheist on the basis that they are a Atheist.

As for the so called smearing of Romney from the left? Don't bet on it. It will be from the right. Who was McCain's harshest critic in the last election? Not Barack Obama, Mitt Romney. Democrats and Republicans have a tendency of ripping each other harder than the other parties.

The left doesn't have to beat that drum

The right wing is already gearing up to jump all over Romney. Another instance of the republicans eating their own.

The right wing is already gearing up to jump all over Romney. Another instance of the republicans eating their own.

Please give us your source on this RW. I'm curious..is it from MSNBC?

PS. the left always beats the drums to these kind of things

Religion should never enter the mix, I agree. Go tell that to the majority of so called Conservatives who wouldn't vote for an Atheist on the basis that they are a Atheist.

As for the so called smearing of Romney from the left? Don't bet on it. It will be from the right. Who was McCain's harshest critic in the last election? Not Barack Obama, Mitt Romney. Democrats and Republicans have a tendency of ripping each other harder than the other parties.

McCain wasn't a conservative, not even close. The media had a lot to do with who was elected in both parties this last election.

I'll give you a great example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqGWTh_NZ-0]YouTube - John McCain Sheds Light on the Economy[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo&feature=related]YouTube - John McCain & Miss Teen SC on Economics[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY5Plqs5d98]YouTube - Romney on McCAIN: "HUGE MISTAKE!!" False Accusation Was WRONG & REPREHENSIBLE !![/ame]

Republicans will eat each other alive in 2012. It will be a glorious sight to watch. ;)

McCain wasn't a conservative, not even close. The media had a lot to do with who was elected in both parties this last election.

He wasn't a Conservative, no. But neither was Romney. In fact, the only people who can be considered to be a "Conservative" in the last election is Ron Paul who is actually more of a Libertarian.

At least Mormons believe in science. Huckabee believes the earth is only a few thousand years old and a magical God shimmered us into being from "dirt". We don't want to make a shaman the head of the most technological and scientific country in the world. Let him be a witchdoctor in some village somewhere.

Didn't most of the religious smearing towards Romney come from the right during the primaries? I can see religion being used against Romney much as it was used by the right against Obama. The problem with LDS is it easily lends itself to that.

Romney is very electable - he's one Republican I could see myself voting for. He isn't a wingnut like Palin.

Seems to me that it would be hard to find a more conservative group than the Southern Baptists.

http://www.sgc.org/resources/WhaddyaMeanMormons.doc

Someone recently asked Richard Land, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention and an apparent supporter of Mitt Romney’s run for U.S. president, if he believed that Mormons were Christians. He answered, “No, I do not.”

For some people—including many Mormons, of course—such a statement is an instance of religious bigotry. Who does he think he is, saying that Mormons are not Christians? Mormons certainly profess to be Christians; wouldn’t they know?

In almost every discussion I have with members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, this question comes up. If I’m trying to have a conversation about whether Jesus really did deliver the Sermon on the Mount to the Nephites almost verbatim as it appears in the Gospel of Matthew, I’m likely to hear, “You think we’re not Christians, don’t you?” I encounter many Mormons who bitterly resent anyone who denies that Mormons are Christians.

What I propose to do here is to take a fresh look at this question. I wish to bring some clarity and focus to the issue. My purpose is not to denigrate Mormons but to help them to understand what evangelicals typically mean when they assert that Mormonism is not Christian. I would also like to make some suggestions to my fellow evangelicals that may help us to present our point of view on this subject in a clearer way.

Didn't most of the religious smearing towards Romney come from the right during the primaries? I can see religion being used against Romney much as it was used by the right against Obama. The problem with LDS is it easily lends itself to that.

Romney is very electable - he's one Republican I could see myself voting for. He isn't a wingnut like Palin.

It did come from the right during the primaries. As I stated before, do people think the Sarah Palin Christian Right part of the GOP is going to vote for Romney laying down? They'll fight it to the bitter end and not vote for him come election time.

Romney would be very electable except he's much like Nixon and to a lesser extent now Obama. He flip flopped on almost every single issue when running for President.

Forum List

Back