Sarah Palin, Fred Thompson show leadership, while Huckabee and Romney exude cowardice

Sarah Palin and Fred Thompson had the guts to do what Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and the entire Republican Party would not do.

Palin, Fred Thompson show leadership, while Huckabee and Romney exude cowardice
Scozzafava was nominated in the local primary.

I guess Conservatives think locals can run their affairs better than some central authority right up until the locals show their true thoughts!

Cowardice? Hardy har har!

Well then...Owens should win....hands down.....right?

If not cowardly....how about timid? Or fearful? wimpy? how about gutless...
Calling Huckabee and Romney cowards for NOT going against the wishes of the electorate who nominated a Republican for the general election is really quite out of line. I'd call them prudent politicians. Sarah the Quitter and her merry band of Conservative pranksters are actually carpetbagging in New york State! Authority figures from Central Planning pointing out where the locals have gone wrong and bucking the very party which supported Sarah and her gaggle of morons!

The Republican circular firing squad is armed and ready!

Why would anyone in their right mind have respect for any elected official who quits mid-term. A true conservative doesn't quit when the going gets tough.

She was a lame duck under savage attack from all quarters....a true leader changes course when necessary.....her staying in office wasn't doing Alaskans any good...

...she would be more effective outside the office....and she is....

Bullshit! :eusa_hand: You finish what you start. She wasn't a lame duck. She was serving her first term as governor and quit.
You call it bullshit...I call it a damn good reason...and yes she would've been lame since it was obvious she was headed for bigger things and wouldn't be running again anyhow...

Nosmo King said:
Calling Huckabee and Romney cowards for NOT going against the wishes of the electorate who nominated a Republican for the general election is really quite out of line. I'd call them prudent politicians. Sarah the Quitter and her merry band of Conservative pranksters are actually carpetbagging in New york State! Authority figures from Central Planning pointing out where the locals have gone wrong and bucking the very party which supported Sarah and her gaggle of morons!

I believe you are looking at the grass roots of CHANGE....obviously you can't see it any better than Chuckles or Mittens...

Altho I like both somewhat...if neither of those two could beat McCain what makes you think they are going to do any better in 2012? We need some new blood in the Party...and it needs to be a lot redder than what we've previously seen...

She was a lame duck under savage attack from all quarters....a true leader changes course when necessary.....her staying in office wasn't doing Alaskans any good...

Bullshit! :eusa_hand: You finish what you start. She wasn't a lame duck. She was serving her first term as governor and quit.
You call it bullshit...I call it a damn good reason...and yes she would've been lame since it was obvious she was headed for bigger things and wouldn't be running again anyhow...

Nosmo King said:

I believe you are looking at the grass roots of CHANGE....obviously you can't see it any better than Chuckles or Mittens...

Altho I like both somewhat...if neither of those two could beat McCain what makes you think they are going to do any better in 2012? We need some new blood in the Party...and it needs to be a lot redder than what we've previously seen...

Posting on facebook = bigger things. Really? She quit, pure and simple. Me, I vote for real conservatives......and she ain't it.

Nosmo King said:

Posting on facebook = bigger things. Really? She quit, pure and simple. Me, I vote for real conservatives......and she ain't it.

facebook is only part of it...."Palin Power" = financial clout...of which there is plenty...

so why isn't she a "real" conservative?

facebook is only part of it...."Palin Power" = financial clout...of which there is plenty...

Because she quit the people she asked to elect her when the going got too tough for her. She's a lightweight.

Because she quit the people she asked to elect her when the going got too tough for her. She's a lightweight.
look man...she got tapped by the leaders of the GOP to run as VP....are you saying she should have refused to step up to the national job because she was just too busy being a GOP governor? No? ...you can't have it both ways...

also....the majority of folks in Alaska still like her....

Last edited:
Sarah Palin and Fred Thompson had the guts to do what Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and the entire Republican Party would not do.

:clap2:

As the republicans consume themselves

Romney and Huckabee represent the mainstream candidates capable of winning in 2012

republicans do a better job of beating down their best canidates than Democrats do

the process beats down the best candidates.....

the best liberal was biden....the best conservative was paul.....

:lol::lol: Is that the official line of the "Palin apologists" now?

Gosh, in Afghanistan we're under attack from all quarters - a true leader would change course and quit the war, then? I don't think your logic holds up very well, however weak this analogy. If Palin couldn't handle the heat of kitchen at the Governor's mansion (of a state with fewer people than the city of Richmond, VA), she would be a complete failure in any position of more heat, like the White House.

God, I so hope Palin runs for President in 2012, loses the nomination, then runs under the "Conservative Party" banner, *LOL*. Sadly, she'll probably not even try for the GOP nomination, since the country as a whole isn't as conservative as the district in NY that votes today, so she'll merely be another Rush Limbaugh, albeit less articulate and easier on the eyes.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night that I got lost in Sarah Palin's bush.

Alaskan women do not shave and I met one grizzly bear down there.

Let's see, Fred Thompson QUIT the primary early, and Sarah Palin QUIT her post as Governor of Alaska early. Yeah, sounds like two peas in a pod to me! Great GOP leadership for sure....:cuckoo:

How can they defend her quiting? I don't understand this. She quit to make money off her book and speaking gigs. She will not run, wont announce she will run and has no intentions on running. Her goal is to try to stay relevant to make $$$$. Everything that comes up (Levi, her saying dumb things on her twitter page, etc) just helps her sell BOOKS.

Its simple really.

By the way, did anyone look up her ghost righter. Good stuff there. Nice work Sarah. We wish you would run, but you wont. YOur a media whore and your all about making money.

There was no way you would be able to capitalize if you stayed the gov. in Alaska. We wouldn't even know your name anymore if you didn't quit and you knew this.

Let's see, Fred Thompson QUIT the primary early, and Sarah Palin QUIT her post as Governor of Alaska early. Yeah, sounds like two peas in a pod to me! Great GOP leadership for sure....:cuckoo:

How can they defend her quiting? I don't understand this. She quit to make money off her book and speaking gigs. She will not run, wont announce she will run and has no intentions on running. Her goal is to try to stay relevant to make $$$$. Everything that comes up (Levi, her saying dumb things on her twitter page, etc) just helps her sell BOOKS.

Its simple really.

By the way, did anyone look up her ghost righter. Good stuff there. Nice work Sarah. We wish you would run, but you wont. YOur a media whore and your all about making money.

There was no way you would be able to capitalize if you stayed the gov. in Alaska. We wouldn't even know your name anymore if you didn't quit and you knew this.

Palin in essence had ALREADY QUIT her job as governor in order to run as VP....if she decided to stay on the national scene that was her perogative, her reward, her choice, whatever....get it?

But you're right....libs "don't understand"....and died-in-the-wool libtards will continue to continue to "not understand"....because she scares the sh*t out of them.....and so her "quitting" the governorship is the one flimsy thing they can remotely criticize her for and still sound sane.....

Hey now....how about that NY23rd? :ack-1:

Last edited:

look man...she got tapped by the leaders of the GOP to run as VP....are you saying she should have refused to step up to the national job because she was just too busy being a GOP governor? No? ...you can't have it both ways...

also....the majority of folks in Alaska still like her....

Come on. The Dems had a black man and a woman running for president. The Repubs had an old white guy. Palin was a gimmick pure and simple. Of course she should step up to the job when asked to serve by her party. However, when that didn't pan out for her, she had an obligation to fulfill the job she asked her constituients to elect her to rather than QUIT. Changing jobs is one thing. Quitting is a whole different ball game. If you think Palin wrote her own book and is coming up with all this facebook fodder on her own, I have a bridge to sell you. She is a figure head being handled by people telling her what to say. I don't think she is stupid, but I don't think she is bright either.

Its simple really.

Palin in essence had ALREADY QUIT her job as governor in order to run as VP....if she decided to stay on the national scene that was her perogative, her reward, her choice, whatever....get it?

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility. Quitting isn't an option. Get it?

Its simple really.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility. Quitting isn't an option. Get it?

I don't see her quitting...

...to repeat.....how about that NY23rd? :lol:

:clap2:

As the republicans consume themselves

Romney and Huckabee represent the mainstream candidates capable of winning in 2012

republicans do a better job of beating down their best canidates than Democrats do

Romney, but not Huckabee, though I like the Huckster. He has a great sense of humor.

Just because you refuse to see her as a quitter, does not make it any less true.

Last edited:
Lets see the choices palin faced:
1. stay governor and go broke because the dems kept filing bogus ethics charges against her. At last count they were 0 - 17, but Palin had to pay to defend herself, and she was not a wealthy person.

2. Resign with AK in excellent fiscal shape, take a book deal worth $7,000,000 and hit the lucrative speaker trail.

Tough choice, but hey this is America and people are free to "pursue happiness", and wealth. Look at the dem governors who resigned in disgrace, McGreevy, Blago, and Spitzer. Then we have the next batch getting voted out, Corzine and VA.

So Plain looks great and she is making a ton of money, with AK in good hands. I hope the a$$holes that files the bogus ethics charges feel like idiots.

Lets see the choices palin faced:
1. stay governor and go broke because the dems kept filing bogus ethics charges against her. At last count they were 0 - 17, but Palin had to pay to defend herself, and she was not a wealthy person.

2. Resign with AK in excellent fiscal shape, take a book deal worth $7,000,000 and hit the lucrative speaker trail.

Tough choice, but hey this is America and people are free to "pursue happiness", and wealth. Look at the dem governors who resigned in disgrace, McGreevy, Blago, and Spitzer. Then we have the next batch getting voted out, Corzine and VA.

So Plain looks great and she is making a ton of money, with AK in good hands. I hope the a$$holes that files the bogus ethics charges feel like idiots.

And I will be more than happy to assist her winning the GOP nomination for 2012. Where do I sign up?

Then you are dense. She ran for election. She won her election. Half way thru her term, she resigns. She quit. You can attempt to spin that any way you want, but it is rock solid. She quit. She shirked her responsibility and she is not dependable.

Forum List

Back