Sarah Palin, Fred Thompson show leadership, while Huckabee and Romney exude cowardice

Sarah Palin and Fred Thompson had the guts to do what Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and the entire Republican Party would not do.

Palin, Fred Thompson show leadership, while Huckabee and Romney exude cowardice

DITTO--I don't know what the RNC has missed with millions of average-everyday citizens of this country attending Tea Parties in freezing weather & all type of conditions. Most of whom have never protested anything in their lives. I don't know what these politicians missed over the town hall meetings in August.

But this is definitely a grass roots CONSERVATIVE movement that is growing in numbers that even the liberal main stream media can no longer ignore.

We don't give a rats ass if they've got a D or R or I behind they're name we're going to vote for CONSERVATIVES.

And if that means we have to form our own CONSERVATIVE party & become a 3RD party--then that is what it means & that is what is going to happen! Dumb Ass politicians!

Last edited:
Didn't Palin also endorse that nut from Texas who wanted to secede from the United States of America? It makes sense since she was involved with those nuts in Alaska who wanted to succeed as well.

Go Sarah, you America hating bitch.

Romney and Huckabee are smart in this instance. They aren't going to try and influence this election by saying they support a neocon. The 2012 Primary will come down to them and personally I think the Huckster will come out on top. I just don't see the Christian base of the GOP allowing a Mormon to get the nomination laying down. So even if Romney were to win, many in the Republican Party won't even vote for him.

Personally. I think that religion shouldn't even enter into the mix, but having said that....the LDS smear will come from the left, and it will be a constant drum beat from them if he should decide to run.

At least Mormons believe in science. Huckabee believes the earth is only a few thousand years old and a magical God shimmered us into being from "dirt". We don't want to make a shaman the head of the most technological and scientific country in the world. Let him be a witchdoctor in some village somewhere.

Still more likely than living cells spontanteously appearing out of nowhere.

Oh wait, they're the SAME SORT OF THEORIES.

Sarah Palin and Fred Thompson had the guts to do what Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and the entire Republican Party would not do.

:clap2:

As the republicans consume themselves

Romney and Huckabee represent the mainstream candidates capable of winning in 2012

republicans do a better job of beating down their best canidates than Democrats do

I'm definitely amused at watching the struggle for identity in the GOP, as Republicans "eat their own".

@rightwinger - I think Romney would have a shot, although his lack of personality and charisma wouldn't do well against Obama. Huckabee though? He'll never be more than a regional candidate. There are too many populous states where being a former preacher, and not accepting basic science, like evolution, are non-starters. I suspect that some Republican we're not seeing much of yet will end up winning the GOP primaries for 2012. The election itself will be a referendum on Obama, and it's way to early to call that.

@screamingeagle - as a former pukin' buzzard myself (I was in the 101st ABN DIV), I think you're kidding yourself if you think Sarah Palin is showing "guts". She didn't even finish out her term as Governor of Alaska, to which she was elected (thus spitting in the faces of a lot of people who voted for her and supported her, expecting her to put in a full four years).

I'm sorta cheering on the ultra-social/religious conservatives right now, since I think they're going to continue to "purge" the GOP of the moderates that the social-conservatives view as "RINOs", since this is only going to weaken the GOP. Only about 20 - 25% of registered voters self-identify as Republican now, an all-time low.

The more the ultra-conservatives push the moderates (aka, fiscally-conservative, socially-moderate Republicans, like Specter, Hagel, Chafee, etc) out of their party, the more they push them into either the Democratic party, or cause them to lose to Democrats.

It's like watching a Mexican firing squad... :eusa_drool:

Palin quit her job. How is that a 'show' of leadership in any sense of the word?
And Fred Thompson should have stuck with being a full-time actor. Neither of those two show anything that remotely resembles leadership material. :cuckoo:

Palin quit her job. How is that a 'show' of leadership in any sense of the word?
And Fred Thompson should have stuck with being a full-time actor. Neither of those two show anything that remotely resembles leadership material.

Palin was hounded out of office by a corrupt legal system. The same legal system that hounded a sitting senator Stevens out of office before admitting the charges were false.

Palin needed to cover her legal defense costs for the 0 - 17 bogus ethics charges. So I fully support her decision to take the $7,000,000 for her book and hit the lucrative speaker trail.

Besides, AK is in terrific fiscal shape, she did not leave under indictment like Spitzer (who couldn't afford a 7-diamond girl), or McGreevy (who tried to give the security of NJ over to his gay Israeli boyfriend).

Lets not forget Gov Blago http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/apr/03/nation/chi-blagojevich-indicted

Palin & Fred aren't presidential timber. Neither is Obama.

Last edited:
Yes...Palin may not be presidential timber yet but she sure beats the SAPling that's in the oval office now...and as a result of her leadership another conservative such as TPaw may ultimately ride in on the proverbial dark horse.

Squishy moderates are the GOP problem....from McPain on down...and the NY23rd election is a perfect microcosm of the voters' frustration with them....so-called moderates in the party are nothing more than RINOS....as perfectly demonstrated by Dede Scozzafava. Let them join the Democrats....looks like Dede might just do that since she's already endorsed the DEMOCRAT running...who needs "moderates" like that in the Party?

Chuckles and Mittens are in trouble.... for playing "safe" as per usual....if the voters aka the "Teabaggers Gone Wild" (as described by the liberal press) have anything to say about it...

People are FED UP with all the compromising that's been done in the Party in order to create a sloppy "big tent"....the party doesn't stand for anything anymore...it just keeps moving to the left....bunch of wishy washy moderate RINOS...you can barely tell the difference between the Rs and the Ds anymore....people have had it....votes will be going to go to the Cs....this NY23 election is very indicative of the "Palin Movement" in progress...

...if you don't stand for something then you will fall for anything...

Personally. I think that religion shouldn't even enter into the mix, but having said that....the LDS smear will come from the left, and it will be a constant drum beat from them if he should decide to run.

At least Mormons believe in science. Huckabee believes the earth is only a few thousand years old and a magical God shimmered us into being from "dirt". We don't want to make a shaman the head of the most technological and scientific country in the world. Let him be a witchdoctor in some village somewhere.

Still more likely than living cells spontanteously appearing out of nowhere.

Oh wait, they're the SAME SORT OF THEORIES.

If you went to a real school, you wouldn't be making statements such as that. Remember, a GED is only a beginning, not the "goal".

Yes...Palin may not be presidential timber yet but she sure beats the SAPling that's in the oval office now...and as a result of her leadership another conservative such as TPaw may ultimately ride in on the proverbial dark horse.

Squishy moderates are the GOP problem....from McPain on down...and the NY23rd election is a perfect microcosm of the voters' frustration with them....so-called moderates in the party are nothing more than RINOS....as perfectly demonstrated by Dede Scozzafava. Let them join the Democrats....looks like Dede might just do that since she's already endorsed the DEMOCRAT running...who needs "moderates" like that in the Party?

Chuckles and Mittens are in trouble.... for playing "safe" as per usual....if the voters aka the "Teabaggers Gone Wild" (as described by the liberal press) have anything to say about it...

People are FED UP with all the compromising that's been done in the Party in order to create a sloppy "big tent"....the party doesn't stand for anything anymore...it just keeps moving to the left....bunch of wishy washy moderate RINOS...you can barely tell the difference between the Rs and the Ds anymore....people have had it....votes will be going to go to the Cs....this NY23 election is very indicative of the "Palin Movement" in progress...

Years ago the argument was about politics. Conservative values versus liberal ones. Conservative agenda versus a liberal one.

Now the argument is about jobs and the economy. Voters are not going to take any more jobs being outsourced. The days of the GOP trotting out a few hot button issues (abortion, gun control, etc.) and expect us to toe the line are over. Any party that supports moving factories and jobs overseas will be hammered. Any party that says "manufacturing jobs are gone, get used to the service economy" will lose.

Voters are not satisfied with either party. It will be interesting to see which party can stand and deliver.

Scozzafava was nominated in the local primary.

I guess Conservatives think locals can run their affairs better than some central authority right up until the locals show their true thoughts!

Cowardice? Hardy har har!

Well then...Owens should win....hands down.....right?

If not cowardly....how about timid? Or fearful? wimpy? how about gutless...

Years ago the argument was about politics. Conservative values versus liberal ones. Conservative agenda versus a liberal one.

Now the argument is about jobs and the economy. Voters are not going to take any more jobs being outsourced. The days of the GOP trotting out a few hot button issues (abortion, gun control, etc.) and expect us to toe the line are over. Any party that supports moving factories and jobs overseas will be hammered. Any party that says "manufacturing jobs are gone, get used to the service economy" will lose.

Voters are not satisfied with either party. It will be interesting to see which party can stand and deliver.

Or which party will change first...this week is going to be very interesting...

Last edited:

Palin the quitter shows leadership? There is an oxymoron.

"quitter"? i think "starter" is the more fitting terminology....

Why would anyone in their right mind have respect for any elected official who quits mid-term. A true conservative doesn't quit when the going gets tough.

Palin the quitter shows leadership? There is an oxymoron.

Why would anyone in their right mind have respect for any elected official who quits mid-term. A true conservative doesn't quit when the going gets tough.

She was a lame duck under savage attack from all quarters....a true leader changes course when necessary.....her staying in office wasn't doing Alaskans any good...

...she would be more effective outside the office....and she is....

Last edited:

She was a lame duck under savage attack from all quarters....a true leader changes course when necessary.....her staying in office wasn't doing Alaskans any good...

...she would be more effective outside the office....and she is....

Bullshit! :eusa_hand: You finish what you start. She wasn't a lame duck. She was serving her first term as governor and quit.

Forum List

Back