San Francisco mayor bans publicly-funded travel to Indiana in response to "religious freedom" law

Did anyone ever hear of someone not from Indiana say: I am going to take the family to Indiana for vacation? Almost like someone going to Oklahoma for vacation :eek:

If he opposes discrimination why doesn't he ban travel to the 50 states that practice affirmative action discrimination against white males.?

San Francisco mayor bans publicly-funded travel to Indiana - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO

3/27/15 4:50 PM EDT

San Francisco prides itself as a tolerant place, but it is closed off to one thing: Indiana.

On Thursday, San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee, a Democrat, directed all City Departments under his authority to bar publicly funded travel to the Hoosier State.

The decision followed Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence’s decision to sign a “religious freedom” bill that critics say effectively sanctions discrimination of LGBT citizens by private businesses.

“We stand united as San Franciscans to condemn Indiana’s new discriminatory law,” Lee said in a statement.

“San Francisco taxpayers will not subsidize legally-sanctioned discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people by the State of Indiana.”

Though San Francisco is a famously LGBT-friendly city, the mayor did not mention in his announcement the 19 other states that currently have similar religious freedom acts on the books.

Yeah, I'll bet all those fags in San Francisco are travelling to Indiana all the time!

Ban travel, to the faggot-hating state, good.
Who gives a shit? I along with most NORMAL people find it fucking hilarious.
Little Hitler, you are nothing like normal.
If YOU are normal I am very thankful for that. :)
No, I'm not normal, that we have in common. You are human scum, and I am no longer human.
Lol...that's your opinion and I have a pretty low opinion of others opinions so.

Ban travel, to the faggot-hating state, good.
Who gives a shit? I along with most NORMAL people find it fucking hilarious.
Little Hitler, you are nothing like normal.
If YOU are normal I am very thankful for that. :)
No, I'm not normal, that we have in common. You are human scum, and I am no longer human.
Lol...that's your opinion and I have a pretty low opinion of others opinions so.
Your opinion is race equals religion. You were fucked at brith.

If he opposes discrimination why doesn't he ban travel to the 50 states that practice affirmative action discrimination against white males.?

San Francisco mayor bans publicly-funded travel to Indiana - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO

San Francisco prides itself as a tolerant place, but it is closed off to one thing: Indiana.

On Thursday, San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee, a Democrat, directed all City Departments under his authority to bar publicly funded travel to the Hoosier State.

The decision followed Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence’s decision to sign a “religious freedom” bill that critics say effectively sanctions discrimination of LGBT citizens by private businesses.

“We stand united as San Franciscans to condemn Indiana’s new discriminatory law,” Lee said in a statement.

“San Francisco taxpayers will not subsidize legally-sanctioned discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people by the State of Indiana.”

Though San Francisco is a famously LGBT-friendly city, the mayor did not mention in his announcement the 19 other states that currently have similar religious freedom acts on the books.

Yeah, I'll bet all those fags in San Francisco are travelling to Indiana all the time!

Personal experience?

Personal experience?

Your lame personal attacks always fall flat, nimrod.

LOL. The Chick fil A's in Indiana are going to get a bunch of business now.

I couldn't resist. Heh, heh, heheh.....(clears throat).

Moving on.

I don't mind, I'm not a public employee in San Francisco and I'm not wanting to go to Indiana.

LGBT discrimination has nothing to do with AA discrimination. Opposition to discrimination is not based simply on the fact that it's discrimination but how hurtful we believe that discrimination is.

I doubt it will have much of an impact. I cannot fathom any reason that you'd leave California for Indiana for official reasons. You certainly are not missing any keen intellect by bypassing Indy in your itenerrary.

A few years back the NFL yanked the Super Bowl from Arizona based on it's unwillingness to observe the MLK holiday. Hopefully, they will do the same thing for Indy if there is an important game upcoming in that state.

Good. BTW...this bans business travel for government workers...don't need to spend any of our tax dollars in Indiana. Double good.

Yeah, lot of San Francisco government workers go to Indiana on business.

Impact on Indiana: zero

Forum List

Back