San Francisco mayor bans publicly-funded travel to Indiana in response to "religious freedom" law

If he opposes discrimination why doesn't he ban travel to the 50 states that practice affirmative action discrimination against white males.?

San Francisco mayor bans publicly-funded travel to Indiana - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO

3/27/15 4:50 PM EDT

San Francisco prides itself as a tolerant place, but it is closed off to one thing: Indiana.

On Thursday, San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee, a Democrat, directed all City Departments under his authority to bar publicly funded travel to the Hoosier State.

The decision followed Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence’s decision to sign a “religious freedom” bill that critics say effectively sanctions discrimination of LGBT citizens by private businesses.

“We stand united as San Franciscans to condemn Indiana’s new discriminatory law,” Lee said in a statement.

“San Francisco taxpayers will not subsidize legally-sanctioned discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people by the State of Indiana.”

Though San Francisco is a famously LGBT-friendly city, the mayor did not mention in his announcement the 19 other states that currently have similar religious freedom acts on the books.

This is so freaking funny.

what I can't get over is: THESE lowly state mayors is ORDERING all people he considers his "slaves" I guess.... who works for him not use HIS money to travel out of their own state because by golly he is PISSED....

Indian isn't the one discriminating against people...I heard the Seattle lowly mayor came out with the same "demands" for the people who live there...

how Ironic and just damn sad all rolled into one...who has masters in their lives?

what I can't over is THESE lowly state mayors is ORDERING all people he considers his "slaves" who works for him not use HIS money to travel out of their own state

Indian isn't the one discriminating against people...I heard the Seattle lowly mayor came out with the same "demands" for the people who live there...

how Ironic and just damn sad all rolled into one...who has masters in their lives?
Not me, nor any other American Christian...aside from our Lord, that is.

Which is why we won't be attending homo sacrilegious festivities on demand...even if we are business owners.

what I can't over is THESE lowly state mayors is ORDERING all people he considers his "slaves" who works for him not use HIS money to travel out of their own state

Which is why we won't be attending homo sacrilegious festivities on demand...even if we are business owners.

As far I'm concerned.... they can all go to hell with their hate and intolerance.

As far I'm concerned.... they can all go to hell with their hate and intolerance.

Where do you suppose your own hate and intolerance is getting you? Hell would be my guess. Going to church every week doesn't get you off the hook either.

Forum List

Back